PDA

View Full Version : New Warhammer Visions Format?

SanJefe
03-30-2015, 10:18 AM
Ok, so I still haven't gotten round to cancelling my Warhammer Visions subscription, but I just got the latest one (issue 15) in the post today and included was a note to say they are changing the format again next month!

I'm of the view that it can only get better, but has anyone heard anything specific? There's mentions of a bigger format and mock up picture included at the back of the edition, but nothing substantial.

Erik Setzer
03-30-2015, 11:04 AM
They're going to a standard page size (and likely a bit fewer pages), which should save them money on printing, and won't look weird on the shelf next to White Dwarf.

SanJefe
03-30-2015, 11:17 AM
Thanks Erik!

Hm. Not sure that's going to fix it! Time to dig out the number to the subscription line.

DrBored
03-30-2015, 12:40 PM
They're going to a standard page size (and likely a bit fewer pages), which should save them money on printing, and won't look weird on the shelf next to White Dwarf.

Did you notice the line where they said it's going to be twice the size of the current format?

Mr Mystery
03-30-2015, 12:45 PM
I've held on to my subscription, because it's £9 a quarter, as opposed to £7 an issue.

With the promise of new content, I'll see how it goes. I may be in a minority, but I find £3 for pics of really nicely painted models and conversions is reasonabLe value, as it fires my hobby juices quite nicely.

Kirsten
03-30-2015, 01:04 PM
I bought the first one, but it was way too much money just for photos, it desperately needs content. I can use google for good army photos, I want info, why did they choose that army, that composition, that colour scheme? how did they do those conversions?

Erik Setzer
03-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Did you notice the line where they said it's going to be twice the size of the current format?

Did you notice the line says "nearly twice the size," and that "size" could simply refer to the page size being normal page size, which is "nearly twice the size" of Visions' current size? A change which would save a lot by standardizing it, and helping it fit in with WD on the shelves. It would almost certainly cut a good bit from the cost if they're using the same printer for WD and Visions both, probably can get a nice volume discount for making everything printable with the same settings.

Or do you want to suggest they're going to go to some weird non-standard size that's half an inch larger than WD, or something like that?

Or are you just trying to be argumentative without bothering to read the comment you're replying to and/or the page of text you're referring to, and without knowing what size Visions and WD are in relation to each other?