PDA

View Full Version : GW RoughtCoat - What is it used for?

Dark_Templar
02-23-2010, 05:33 PM
I have found a store with half a dozen cans of Roughcoat, and I am interested in picking one up, but am not sure what I would use it for.

Any tips?

fade_74
02-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Use it on terrain. It leaves a really nice texture on stuff. Sort of a plaster ceiling look.

Dark_Templar
02-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Use it on terrain. It leaves a really nice texture on stuff. Sort of a plaster ceiling look.

Aaahh, top thinking. Might just pick one up and play around with it a bit.

Vorlon
02-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Also very useful for ruining the bottom half of a Chimera!! ....Dont be lazy with weathering...keep it away from your tanks.

Morgrim
02-25-2010, 04:57 AM
Don't use it on anything detailed, you'll ruin it. That includes the Imperial terrain pieces GW sells. Now, if you've made a bastion out of plastic card and want it to look less like... well, a cube of plasticard, then it is good for adding some texture, and then you can add fine details over the top. Masking off areas you don't want textured works well.

Gir
02-25-2010, 05:55 AM
Don't use it on anything detailed, you'll ruin it. That includes the Imperial terrain pieces GW sells. Now, if you've made a bastion out of plastic card and want it to look less like... well, a cube of plasticard, then it is good for adding some texture, and then you can add fine details over the top. Masking off areas you don't want textured works well.

I think you're using too much. I've used it on all my terrain and it hasn't ruined any detail. Looks great, too, especially with drybrushing.

odinsgrandson
02-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Hm... interesting thoughts. I might have to try this out. I was thinking on using it for plaster walls of fantasty buildings.