PDA

View Full Version : New Guy: Papa Smurf

papa smurf
02-23-2010, 04:14 PM
hi everybody, papa smurf here.
although i have posted a few times in the lounge already and have been a follower and posted on BOLS for a while now, i'm generally new to blogging and whatnot. i really enjoy Warhammer 40k and BOLS, so i figured the lounge was the next best step.
I have a 3 armies: space marines, tyranids, and a small tau force. i like giving my armies themes and playing to the fluff, and i try to play the best i can with models i like, rather than models that are supposed to be good, although someday i would like to play in a tournament. Most of my HQ's (at least for my marines) are converted, mostly because i despise metal models and convert using plastic when i can. since i first found BOLS i've learned a lot of helpful gaming and modeling tips. hopefully i'll be able to come up with some good discussions here in the lounge, and i look forward to the conversations and debates ahead, thanks for having me :).

Bigred
02-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Welcome to the Lounge papa smurf!

Make yourself at home and join the discussions.

MarshalAdamar
02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Welcome and have a smurf-arific look around!

david5th
02-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Hello and welcome papa smurf.

person person
02-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the community papa smurf, I have some plastic HQ conversions for my Space Marines too.

Just_Me
02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
I can identify with your playing philosophy, it's how I play as well, it was the fluff that got me into 40k in the first place so why shouldn't that be reflected in my armies? Just about all of my HQs are converted in some way, I think it really adds to the flavor of the army and personalizes it.

Welcome to BoLS!

P.S. how about posting some pics of your conversions? BoLS did just add the gallery...

papa smurf
02-26-2010, 05:10 PM
P.S. how about posting some pics of your conversions? BoLS did just add the gallery...

i would love to post some pics, but alas i am just a poor college student and my models are at home, far away from me. (don't really know how to find others who might play here, and quite frankly it might be a distraction to school :( )
i play whenever i return home, and i'll be sure to take some pictures of most of my minis (i have a bad habit of not finishing painting my whole armies, but most of my characters/eye-catcher squads are painted).

i will be sure to do so the next time i have the chance, i am actually very much looking forward to it.