PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Run Vanguard Vets?

DrBored
03-22-2015, 10:53 PM
I received a box of Vanguard Vets. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I happily set about looking how I'd run them...

And I quickly became stumped. I could give them any combination of Lightning Claws, Power Swords, Storm Shields, etc... Or leave them super boring with just a bunch of Chainswords and Pistols, but I honestly have no idea how I'd equip them.

Do you keep them cheap with Chainswords and rush up with a Power Fist Sarge to smack something around with weight of attacks, or do you go balls to the wall with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields to try to be a really expensive but hard-to-move and yet very-mobile vehicle hunter?

If you guys had a box of Vanguard Vets, how would you build them out?

The kit comes with 4 sets of Lightning Claws, 4 sets of TH/SS, 1 Power Sword, 1 Relic Blade, 1 Power Fist, 1 Power Axe, 5 Chainswords, 5 Bolt Pistols, 1 Plasma Pistol, and 1 Grav Pistol.

Djbz
03-23-2015, 12:51 AM
At most I'd run 2/3 of the melee weapons in a 10 man squad.
Any more is just getting ridiculous. There is no point loading them all out as there is no way they are all going to make it across the board to use them.

As for which kind of weapons that is totally dependant on what you face the most.

musical-fool
03-23-2015, 04:34 PM
I run mine as 5x lightening claws often teamed with a captain teeth of terra, storm shield and jet packs galore and use them to set about the weaker infantry units on the board leaving the rest of my army to distract the harder to crack enemies.

The prblem I have encountered is that they seldom survive 2 rounds of CC if they wiff the first round of combat, invulnerable and all.