PDA

View Full Version : Frozen 2

eldargal
03-13-2015, 07:06 AM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/media/images/81610000/jpg/_81610119_81610114.jpg
Confirmed (http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/31862518)

*flails*

Mr Mystery
03-13-2015, 07:14 AM
Haven't seen the first. Not especially fussed to.

Kirsten
03-13-2015, 07:16 AM
It will be awesome

Deadlift
03-13-2015, 08:03 AM

Your missing out. It's very good.

Mr Mystery
03-13-2015, 08:17 AM
I know it's a lame reason, but never really enjoyed Disney animated films.

I'm sure it will pop up on Netflix or similar at some point - might watch it then, just out of curiosity.

CoffeeGrunt
03-13-2015, 08:24 AM
Hmmmmmeeeeehhhhh...

Disney sequels are rarely good, unless we're talking Rescuers. Hopefully they manage to turn that around, they seem to lack the Dreamworks knack of making an IP last more than one movie and still stay good, (Shrek, HtTYD, Madagascar, etc, etc.)

Pixar break this rule with Toy Story, and hopefully the upcoming Incredibles 2. But yeah, when I hear "Disney sequel" I think Mulan 2, Hunchback 2, and all the really bad Disneytoon Studios sequels. Here's hoping they get decent writing to expand it, but again Frozen closed its story pretty well whereas Dreamworks tend to leave avenues open just in case.

I'm being a party pooper, aren't I? Sorry, I'm a gamer, so 2014 killed all the hype in my heart. :P

Psychosplodge
03-13-2015, 09:32 AM

Same, same.

I find too much singing in Disney films. Pixar do more entertaining animated films.

eldargal
03-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Hmmmmmeeeeehhhhh...

Disney sequels are rarely good, unless we're talking Rescuers. Hopefully they manage to turn that around, they seem to lack the Dreamworks knack of making an IP last more than one movie and still stay good, (Shrek, HtTYD, Madagascar, etc, etc.)

Pixar break this rule with Toy Story, and hopefully the upcoming Incredibles 2. But yeah, when I hear "Disney sequel" I think Mulan 2, Hunchback 2, and all the really bad Disneytoon Studios sequels. Here's hoping they get decent writing to expand it, but again Frozen closed its story pretty well whereas Dreamworks tend to leave avenues open just in case.

I'm being a party pooper, aren't I? Sorry, I'm a gamer, so 2014 killed all the hype in my heart. :P

This one has a woman writing it so.:p

Mud Duck
03-13-2015, 12:32 PM
So, so what. It still could blow big time. Disney seems to have a good handle on retelling classic stories, coming up with new stories, that's a different story. The folks in Marketing seem to take over at that point.

Mr Mystery
03-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Other sequels were straight-to-video cash ins.

Darren Richardson
03-13-2015, 01:43 PM
yep, Gotta agree with the naysayers, but Disney Sequals do tend to reak of rotten eggs, haven't seen on Disney Sequal or followup which has impressed me at all, and to be honest, I've SEEN THEM ALL!

Wolfshade
03-13-2015, 02:42 PM
At least it can't be as bad as the aladin sequels.

Deadlift
03-13-2015, 03:49 PM
the bad ones are the usual, do it by numbers straight to dvd etc crap. Frozen 2 has the same cast and writers. Should be a blast.

Morgrim
03-14-2015, 02:11 AM
The Lion King 2 was straight to video, wasn't it? And it was good. Not quite as good as the original, but it certainly stood well on its own. And actually had a great antagonist in Zira, who could comfortable match Scar (and his villain song).

Darren Richardson
03-14-2015, 05:28 AM
The Lion King 2 was straight to video, wasn't it? And it was good. Not quite as good as the original, but it certainly stood well on its own. And actually had a great antagonist in Zira, who could comfortable match Scar (and his villain song).

gotta begrudenly give respect on that one, it's not as good as the first Lion King (which made me cry and still does) but it's one of the better sequals indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

ugh, even the TV series was better then the "film" Sequels.... which isn't saying much.....

eldargal
03-14-2015, 07:44 AM
The teevee series was pretty good I thought.

Arkhan Land
03-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Hmmmmmeeeeehhhhh...

achem... return of jafar achem...