PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Destroyed - Las/Plas combo.

Myrmidon
02-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Hello,

We had an odd one come up - with the Razorback Las/Plas combo turret. If one gets a weapon destroyed result on the Razorback does it destroy both (i.e. are they considered co-axial mounted) or does one only destroy either one or the other but not both? Logic and looking at the model indicates the former, but RAW (unless I'm missing something) indicates the latter. :confused:

Thanks - Myrmidon

Sir Biscuit
02-21-2010, 10:39 PM
They're two weapons, a lascannon and a twin linked plasma gun. A weapon destroyed result will only destroy one.

I know it's confusing, since they're mounted on the same turret, but that's not how weapon destroyed results work. You wouldn't destroy a stormbolter mounted on a Leman Russ turret along with the battle cannon, would you?

Kieranator K82
02-21-2010, 10:43 PM
It was covered in the FAQ.
One weapon or the other is removed. Although in most cases the tank'll just be destroyed anyway, having armour 11, 11, 10.

BuFFo
02-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Hello,

We had an odd one come up - with the Razorback Las/Plas combo turret. If one gets a weapon destroyed result on the Razorback does it destroy both (i.e. are they considered co-axial mounted) or does one only destroy either one or the other but not both? Logic and looking at the model indicates the former, but RAW (unless I'm missing something) indicates the latter. :confused:

Thanks - Myrmidon

Destroyed results do not destroy turrets.

So you only loose one weapon at a time.

Sam
02-22-2010, 12:53 AM
It was covered in the FAQ.
One weapon or the other is removed. Although in most cases the tank'll just be destroyed anyway, having armour 11, 11, 10.

Nevermind, I just wasn't thinking.

Myrmidon
02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Thank you for the helpful replies. I missed the FAQ - we did play it correctly as no one could find anything that stated it was a coaxial mounted weapon. :)

Myrmidon

Dooley
02-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Ive been loosing Dreadnought heavy flamers for years cus they weapons destroy the DCCW. Is that how its supposed to happen? I think it would be pretty silly if I lost the DCCW cus they wep-dis the flamer?

BuFFo
02-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Ive been loosing Dreadnought heavy flamers for years cus they weapons destroy the DCCW. Is that how its supposed to happen?

Yup.

AbusePuppy
02-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Ive been loosing Dreadnought heavy flamers for years cus they weapons destroy the DCCW. Is that how its supposed to happen? I think it would be pretty silly if I lost the DCCW cus they wep-dis the flamer?

The DCCW is explicitly "part" of the flamer, and specifies that if it is destroyed, the flamer/storm bolter is as well. The Razorback has no such rule.