PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with the GW site?

NeilBrimelow
02-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I wanted to price out a very large Tyranid Army, but of course, GW's site is all freaked up. It says that you have to register to see the full range of minis. It's not a simple email/name registration either, it's the full deal; you have to even put in your birth date and nearest GW store.

Why would any business obfuscate their website to make it MORE DIFFICULT to purchase their products :confused::mad:

Madness
02-21-2010, 08:47 PM
My webdeveloper sense is tingling, they must be updating the system.

Aldramelech
02-22-2010, 01:39 AM
Goodbye

MightyOrang
02-22-2010, 10:03 PM
I wanted to price out a very large Tyranid Army, but of course, GW's site is all freaked up. It says that you have to register to see the full range of minis. It's not a simple email/name registration either, it's the full deal; you have to even put in your birth date and nearest GW store.

Why would any business obfuscate their website to make it MORE DIFFICULT to purchase their products :confused::mad:

Buy on Ebay or Warstore.com or something ... never GW as much money as they think they deserve.

rbryce
02-23-2010, 01:30 AM
@ mightyorang: thats a tad extreme now isnt it? and you are aware that GW gets paid for those items anyway?
neil, id just pop into your FLGS and ask the store owner to help compile your list, whilst ebay can be good, a lot of the time unless your buying them still in the box, the models are already constructed, and usually come without the rest of the weapon options from the sprue. if you do buy them still packaged on ebay, then it can cost you more than going to GW with delivery added on. just look about, but i like having a store dude(any store that is), who can offer advice/assistance.

Melissia
02-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Well, since the site is back up, on to something else-- is it just me, or is the ab40k site down? I was checking to see if there had been an update on that site and I get "cannot connect to remote server", the Opera message that usually is gven when a website is down.

edit: okay, it's back up. Huh.

Mycroft Holmes
02-23-2010, 04:20 PM
@ mightyorang: thats a tad extreme now isnt it? and you are aware that GW gets paid for those items anyway?

That's exactly it. If you buy directly from GW they're getting 100% of the profit. Buying from someone else at the same price means you support their business as well as GW.

Duke
02-23-2010, 04:41 PM
I have always been a person that thinks you should buy from your FLGS... Especially if that store allows you to play there for free. It is good to keep local stores operating.

Duke

P.S. GW does a lot of things that don't make sense, once you stop trying to apply logic life gets easier with them.

Mystery.Shadow
02-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I have always been a person that thinks you should buy from your FLGS... Especially if that store allows you to play there for free. It is good to keep local stores operating.

Excellent point there Duke! I hope others also help support their local game store. Rogue Traders is where I buy ALL my goods from. Never from a G.W. store directly.

Commissar Lewis
02-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I never did understand why buying from GW is 20% more than buying from an independent retailer. One would think they'd charge less to buy directly from them. However there is a great many things I will never understand; GW is one of them.

Kesher
02-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah i think they were updating it, supposedly its foolproof to update now cause they fired all the web guys. yeah downsizing....