PDA

View Full Version : MAS Scenic Bases - Paint Before or After Pinning?

CenturyChild533
03-09-2015, 04:23 PM
As it says on the tin. I've started building Infinity models and I primed the Operation: Icestorm models after they were assembled and pinned. I've got a new shipment of models and scenic bases coming in and I'm wondering: do you paint before or after attaching the model to the base? And why do you do it the way you do it?

Reason I ask is I'm kind of concerned about painting before pinning in case the superglue does something weird to the paint, but I kind of feel like painting the model and the base separately would make it easier to reach tough spots and would prevent paint from going where it's not supposed to.

If anyone can offer me some advice I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

DarkLink
03-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Superglue won't do anything that a matte or gloss varnish won't cover up, so it doesn't matter too much. If it's easier to paint the models and base separately, then don't feel bad doing so.

daboarder
03-10-2015, 12:47 AM
As it says on the tin. I've started building Infinity models and I primed the Operation: Icestorm models after they were assembled and pinned. I've got a new shipment of models and scenic bases coming in and I'm wondering: do you paint before or after attaching the model to the base? And why do you do it the way you do it?

Reason I ask is I'm kind of concerned about painting before pinning in case the superglue does something weird to the paint, but I kind of feel like painting the model and the base separately would make it easier to reach tough spots and would prevent paint from going where it's not supposed to.

If anyone can offer me some advice I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

the MAS bases are quite thick resin, I pin, glue and then paint.

DarkLink
03-10-2015, 01:42 PM
With micro art studio bases, I've paintrd, then pinned and glued, with no issues that way.