PDA

View Full Version : wolves1000 pt...advice?

Ivarr
03-08-2015, 10:18 PM
i have the Stormclaw models and the dreadnought so far...

HQ:
krom dragongaze

wolf priest w/mastery lv II, melta bombs

ELITE:
dreadnought w/wolf claw-hf, hellfrost cannon, drop pod

TROOPS:
9 bloodclaws w/powerfist, plasma pistol, rhino w/dozerblade

5 grey hunters w/plasma gun, terminator wgbl w/powerfist, meltabomb, 2 chainswords

5 grey hunters w/plasma gun, terminator wgbl w/thunderhammer, meltabomb, 2 chainswords

HEAVY:
3 longfangs (terminator pack leader w/frost axe, meltabomb) w/missile launchers

Gonna pick up the rhino, drop pod and bloodclaws this week. Figure I'll run the priest in the rhino w/the bllodclaws and Krom w/a unit of grey hunters. Dread will drop turn 1 and target a priority unit.

Comments? Advice?

Ivarr
03-09-2015, 11:52 AM
i have the Stormclaw models and the dreadnought so far...

HQ:
krom dragongaze

wolf priest w/mastery lv II, melta bombs

ELITE:
dreadnought w/wolf claw-hf, hellfrost cannon, drop pod

TROOPS:
9 bloodclaws w/powerfist, plasma pistol, rhino w/dozerblade

5 grey hunters w/plasma gun, terminator wgbl w/powerfist, meltabomb, 2 chainswords

5 grey hunters w/plasma gun, terminator wgbl w/thunderhammer, meltabomb, 2 chainswords

HEAVY:
3 longfangs (terminator pack leader w/frost axe, meltabomb) w/missile launchers

Gonna pick up the rhino, drop pod and bloodclaws this week. Figure I'll run the priest in the rhino w/the bllodclaws and Krom w/a unit of grey hunters. Dread will drop turn 1 and target a priority unit.

Comments? Advice?

Sorry...comes to 999 points w/the 4 chainswords.

wolflold
03-16-2015, 08:03 AM
You dont have to take a 2e hq, unless you realy want the 'cunning of the wolf' rule. If you do, put the 2 characters with the grey hunters so they outflank on a 4+. Replace krom with a battle leader armed with a frost weapon and storm shield, thats only 85 pts! There is a loophole for the storm shield, in the battle leader options says it costs 25 pts, but also has the option to take items from the melee list, and there is the storm shield 15 pts :). Maybe give him black death, +3 attacks when outnumberd, and in a small unit you always are! Personaly im no fan of the wolf priest, i would replace him with a 2e battle leader, that way you save 45 pts on hq. Dreadnought leave it as it is, it will work fine. Long fangs is a bit small unit, and everybody hats them, so expect alot of fire on them, the terminator can absorb some hits. If you take the 2 battle leaders as HQ, you have some points to spare!

HQ
Battle Leader - black death, storm shield, melta bombs

Battle leader - wolf claw, stom shield, melta bombs

Elites
Dreadnought - hellfrost cannon, heavy flamer, wolf claw, drop pod

Troops
10 blood claws - power axe, meltagun, rhino

5 grey hunters - plasmagun, wolf guard termi, power fist

5 grey hunters - plasmagun, wolf guard termi, power fist

Fast attack
3 Thunder wolves - 1 wolf claw

Heavy