PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Reaver Titan Competition.

Mr Mystery
03-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Those lovely chaps at Forgeworld are giving away a Reaver Titan (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Home/FORGE_WORLD_NEWSLETTER_COMPETITION.html)

All one need do is subscribe to their news letter. That's it.

Those already subscribed are automatically entered too, as long as their addy is active and that - so if you get the news letter real regular like, no wukkas!

Houghten
03-04-2015, 10:06 AM
What I don't get is why they announced this in the newsletter. If you just sent the newsletter to me, I'm clearly subscribed!

Mr Mystery
03-04-2015, 10:43 AM
I got it from their site :p

iheartgrimdark
03-04-2015, 11:26 AM
I got the email but I'm now obvs gonna get like 10 family members to sign up. Clever Forge World.

musical-fool
03-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Hope you don't live in Australia... :-/

Clockwork
03-04-2015, 12:45 PM
What I don't get is why they announced this in the newsletter. If you just sent the newsletter to me, I'm clearly subscribed!

To notify people who get the newsletter about their automatic entry into the contest.

It's on the website as well for everyone else.

Psychosplodge
03-05-2015, 05:58 AM
Yeah I would be dead chuffed to win one of these, it seems a bit harsh that the competition is literally open to the RoW except Oz...
Luckily I don't live in Oz...

Lord Commissar Maxwell
03-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Hope you don't live in Australia... :-/

Dont forget the states too...

Patrick Boyle
03-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Dont forget the states too...

"The States" is part of the entire statement "The States and Territories of Australia", it's not referring to the United States.

Tooze
03-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Anyone else think it strange the drawing is April 1st?

Mr Mystery
03-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Yeah I would be dead chuffed to win one of these, it seems a bit harsh that the competition is literally open to the RoW except Oz...
Luckily I don't live in Oz...

Possibly some law from Oz preventing it I'd imagine.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
03-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Anyone else think it strange the drawing is April 1st?It's pretty common for businesses to default to "Do X on the first of the month," even if that falls on the 1st of April.

Psychosplodge
03-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Just claim it on the second, you have fourteen days...

Clockwork
03-05-2015, 10:33 AM

Someone emailed GW about their golden ticket contest and that was pretty much the problem. It's not that it's illegal, but rather that each state has different rules and to run a contest like this you need permits, and hired an intermediate who can ensure it's legal...and in the end it's a big, expensive headache so they won't do it.

RGilbert26
03-05-2015, 01:48 PM
IF I win I'd sell it straight away. While it's a nice model I'd rather have the cash, probably buy some FW stuff with it :P

Mr Mystery
03-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Reckon I'd get it pro-painted, then raffle it off for Great Ormond Street.

daboarder
03-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Hope you don't live in Australia... :-/ and people wonder why aussies have less respect for IP

- - - Updated - - -

Um
...no

- - - Updated - - -

Someone emailed GW about their golden ticket contest and that was pretty much the problem. It's not that it's illegal, but rather that each state has different rules and to run a contest like this you need permits, and hired an intermediate who can ensure it's legal...and in the end it's a big, expensive headache so they won't do it.

Somehow that doesnt stop countless other companies.... (cause its BS)

Mr Mystery
03-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Sucks to be you.

Lord Commissar Maxwell
03-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Well I should pay closer attention to what I read :D

Lurker
03-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Hell's Bell's, Now I need to subscribe to a newsletter. :)

But what weapons to choose? I think, (IF I were lucky enough to win), I'd probably go with the Laser Blaster or the Volcano Cannon. Maybe the Melta, idk. Either way definitely the Gatling Blaster and probably the Laser Blaster, but that Volcano Cannon...

What would you choose?

Brakkart
03-06-2015, 11:14 AM
I'd go for the Gatling blaster for sure, simply because it looks so good, but yeah the choice for what to put on the other arm would be hard as the Laser Blaster, Volcano Cannon and Melta are all good options and I like the look (even if they'd get much less use) of both the Power Fist and Chain Fist too! Arrgghhh. Awesome prize that I'd love to win, even if I have no idea where I'd put it once assembled.