PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Warhound

chadnezzar38
02-19-2010, 09:16 PM
I was just curious if anyone has heard rumors about GW coming out with a plastic Warhound
Titan? I believe it's about HIGH time for it. After all, they have the super heavy tank kits as well as the ork stompas.

Nabterayl
02-19-2010, 09:20 PM
No, but my guess is that they'd come out with an eldar superheavy before another Imperial one. We have heard rumors about eldar superheavy tanks, and I have a hard time seeing them put two superheavy kits into production at once given that they seem to be jamming on new codex and model releases. Their production pipeline for the next twelve months or so has got to be awfully full.

RocketRollRebel
02-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Yeah I doubt it. With Eldar buzzing around I'd place my bets on an eldar super heavy (ala stoma or baneblade) or a perviously FW only Eldar tank getting released in plastic and being in the codex (ie:valk).

wittdooley
02-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd put a lot of money on the notion that we'll see a plastic Thunderhawk FAR sooner than we'll ever see a plastic Titan.

rkiviman
02-20-2010, 02:01 AM
It would be great and probably more affordable if GW would produce a plastic titan or thunderhawk. 500 to 700 dollars is just a little bit much.

sangrail777
02-20-2010, 06:48 AM
no

archimbald
02-20-2010, 11:20 AM
yeah i dont think that'll happen anytime in the next two to three years. more likely that they'll bring in somethin new entirerly

Xas
02-20-2010, 01:18 PM
they wont kill FW's main income.

that prolly is the reason why there is no palstic thawk yet.

mysterex
02-20-2010, 02:16 PM
I'd put a lot of money on the notion that we'll see a plastic Thunderhawk FAR sooner than we'll ever see a plastic Titan.

Really?, I'd have thought that warhound was far more likely than a thunderhawk as:

it would probably be a smaller kit based on relative forgeworld prices;
more armies could use it, i.e. it could be allied to anything imperial or CSM as opposed to just SM;
flyer rules are sort of weird compared to how the rest of the game works and a lot of people don't seem to like the mechanics; and
moving a flyer that large suspended on a base would be fairly unmanageable on most tables.

That said I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a warhound either. I'll probably come but not for a long time.

Morgrim
02-21-2010, 04:29 AM
I don't think they'll do a plastic warhound because, frankly, I think that the kit would be an utter nightmare to model in plastic.

Think about how many pieces there are in the feet alone of the FW one. And next to none of them are of the easily omitted kind. Sure, the toes could be done in one piece but I'm not sure the hydrolics could. And the weapons would have to be separate kits or conversion packs.

At least the thunderhawk is practical to do in plastic.

david5th
02-21-2010, 07:56 AM
More likely to get a Warlord titan model from Forgeworld than a plastci Warhound from GW.

Kesher
02-24-2010, 02:43 PM
No, but my guess is that they'd come out with an eldar superheavy before another Imperial one. We have heard rumors about eldar superheavy tanks, and I have a hard time seeing them put two superheavy kits into production at once given that they seem to be jamming on new codex and model releases. Their production pipeline for the next twelve months or so has got to be awfully full.

agree....

Dark_Templar
02-24-2010, 03:52 PM
It would definitely take away from FWs niche, but at the same time as much as I like the idea of a plastic THawk, it would take away from the "elite" nature of owning one if every man and his dog were able to afford it.

I know it is ridiculous that only people with enough cash can afford such models, but that is sort of the hobby we have chosen and

I think plastic THawk would be a massive seller, but also take away a bit of the shine from the idea of it.

My $0.02, please keeps the flames to a minimum, my fire-proof underwear is at the dry cleaners.

DT.