PDA

View Full Version : What is the best translation for...

Lednera
08-04-2009, 08:47 AM
I am going to most likely play in the Macharian Crusade either at BoLScon or at my Local Game Store, what I want to know since the supplement came out before 5th Edition Guard what is the best translation for Command Platoon? Would it be Company Command Squad or what?

Jwolf
08-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Yes, use the Company Command Squad for Command Platoon.

We'll update Macharian for 5e by Christmas.

Lednera
08-04-2009, 03:46 PM
thanks mate

Lednera
08-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I see no reason to start a new tread I got a question for you JWolf or someone that can help with this, I am looking at Macherian Minidex and was wondering can you take Deathwatch-Master Pizarro as your 1 HQ Choice and if yes all rules for Deathwatch Kill Teams are still as normal as in the article cited correct? I should ask this question anyway can we get a translation of what units count as what since both Imperial Guard and Space Marine Codex are in 5th Edition but the Rouge Trader Army list in the minidex is in 4th. Thanks I was thinking that Armored Fists and Heavy Weapons Teams are wrapped into the Infantry Platoon as a Troop Choice. As I was writing this I thought I might give my opinion on what counts as and get some one on the Judges side rule on it so I can build my 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000 point lists better.

HQ: Rogue Trader, Rogue Trader Retinue, Deathwatch Kill Team
Elites: Deathcult Assasins and Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
Troops: Infantry Platoon, Space Marine Tactical Squad (if you have a Marine Officer), Battle Sister Squad (if you have a Sister Dialogus)
Fast Attack: Sentinel Squad, Assault Space Marine Squad (if you have a Marine Officer), Seraphim Squad (if you have a Sister Dialogus)
Heavy Support: Leman Russ Squadron, Predator Tank (if you have a Marine Officer), Dreadnought (if you have a Marine Officer), Retribution Squad (if you have a Sister Dialogus)

Tell me if this sounds good and if it would be legal at BoLScon, thanks again.

Jwolf
08-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Looks fine, Lederna.