PDA

View Full Version : Harlequins by The Vanus Temple

The Vanus Temple
02-22-2015, 04:27 AM
I picked up a box of the new plastic Harlequins and Solitaire last Friday – totally unplanned but they were just so pretty looking and knew I had to paint some!
After I built them I realised that years ago I purchased a box of the metal Harlequins to use in games of 1st Ed Space Hulk (Citadel Journal 1 for those interested) and as usual never actually got around to finishing them. I dug through my bits box (more like crate..) and found the metal Death Jester, Troupe Master and Shadowseer which I promptly built. I decided to stick all the Harlequins to 32mm bases rather than 25mm to give them more stability.

Scheme wise I didn’t want to go full diamond as I discussed in my diamond tutorial:
http://www.the-vanus-temple.com/harlequin-diamonds-tutorial/

I used mainly glazes for all the colours on the models, using the gradient I’d built up in greys with the airbrush. They’re colourful but don’t make your eyeballs bleed with overloaded colours and diamonds.

More photos on my site:
http://www.the-vanus-temple.com/eldar-harlequin-showcase/

The Vanus Temple
02-28-2015, 04:24 PM
And the rest of the army is now built and sprayed!

Kirsten
02-28-2015, 04:32 PM
those look excellent, great choice of colours

The Vanus Temple
03-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Thanks Kirsten!

I've sprayed everything else and started on the vehicles. Managed to get the star weaver pretty much finished this afternoon with some good progress on the void weavers.

I decided on black for the void weavers (to tie them to the death jesters) and blue for everything else.

Kirsten
03-01-2015, 11:57 AM
I am impressed with the squares, it is a good way to paint them without masses of diamond patterns everywhere

The Vanus Temple
03-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Finished the three vehicles today :)

Lord Commissar Maxwell
03-03-2015, 02:34 PM
I really love this color scheme. It sets such a sinister vibe with these harlequins that is really fitting in my opinion. Your skills are great and this is really making me think about makin my own clown army!