PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Eldar Saim-Hann with clowns

Marsyas
02-21-2015, 01:17 AM
Okay. So I'm trying to do an all-comers list. I would like to keep it as appropriate to Saim-Hann as possible while still running something that is at least halfway viable. At the moment, I'm thinking I stick a warlock with each windrunner jetbike squad, stick the farseer with one of said squads, and stick the autarch with the shining spears. Farseer is the warlord.

Here's the list:

ELDAR DETACHMENT

-=-HQ-=-
HQ: Autarch w/ jetbike, fusion gun, laser lance, banshee mask
HQ: Farseer w/ jetbike, singing spear
2x Warlock on Jetbike

-=-TROOPS-=-
Troop: Windrunner Jetbike x3 w/ shuriken cannon
Troop: Windrunner Jetbike x3 w/ shuriken cannon
Troop: Dire Avenger x5
- Dedicated Transport: Waveserpent w/ scatter laser, shuriken, holo-field
Troop: Dire Avenger x5
- Dedicated Transport: Waveserpent w/ scatter laser, shuriken, holo-field

-=-FAST ATTACK-=-
FA: Shining Spears x3 w/ exarch, star lance, hit & run, monster hunter
FA: Hornet x3 w/ pulse laser loadout
FA: Vyper x3 w 3x shuriken cannon

HARLEQUIN DETACHMENT
-=-FAOLCHU'S BLADE-=-
2x Skyweavers
2x Skyweavers
3x Voidweavers w/ 3x prismatic cannon

Anyone have any suggestions?

Dave Mcturk
02-25-2015, 06:15 AM
tried {trying} all sorts of gjb combo's. jetlocks are incredibly points heavy and unreliable [low morale and awful psychic power generation]

still coming to the conclusion that the three man gjb squad is the most effective . objective stealers. small enough to hide or avoid target priority. low point troop choice. can be used as wounds for bike mounted characters.

if it doesnt offend your theme the characters are better off with the spears and for 110 pts you can get four more shinies.

been having some success with multiple small ships - ran 9x BL vypers the other day and at least one survived in each squadron !

i have tried the 'poor mans council' farseer / autarch with lance, fusion gun and shard / spear-jetlock and ten gjb - three cannon .
if they can get any form of shrouding they can be really nasty [invisibility/conceal/super-shroud]

not seen the new quin codex in full yet - are they any good as anti-tank ? cos if not your a bit anti-tank light ?