PDA

View Full Version : Stop! Stormhammer Time!

Mr Mystery
02-20-2015, 02:52 AM
Yep, the newest and shootiest Super Heavy is now up for pre-order.

Solar Auxilia Stormhammer Super Heavy TankŁ150.00 a chuck (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/STORMHAMMER.html)

The Stormhammer is the pre-eminent super-heavy assault tank of the Solar Auxilia. Equipped with a fearsome array of weapons with overlapping arcs of fire, it is often found in the vanguard of the Imperium’s invasion and pacification forces and is able, and often expected, to plunge into the heart of an enemy force and obliterate multiple units in short order.

The Solar Auxilia Stormhammer Super-heavy Assault Tank features nine independently firing weapon systems: a turret-mounted Stormhammer cannon with co-axial multi-laser, a hull-mounted dual battlecannon, a hull-mounted multi-laser and six sponson-mounted multi-lasers arranged in two broadsides of three weapons. Each of the sponson-mounted multi-lasers have the option to be upgraded to heavy flamers, heavy bolters or lascannon – all of which are included in the kit.

This is a complete multi-part resin and plastic kit. The rules for using the Solar Auxilia Stormhammer in games set during the Horus Heresy can be found in The Horus Heresy Book Four – Conquest.

This model is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Friday 27th February.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/Stormhammer-1.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/Stormhammer-scale.jpg

Ork players - you can either run, run and run some more, or get your best Lootas in their Trukks, because they've got a job to do!

Houghten
02-20-2015, 03:03 AM
Or wish really hard that Kommando Nobz still had access to tankbusta bommz.

Mr Mystery
02-20-2015, 03:06 AM
Mind you - I think this might be more the terror of Dark Eldar. So much dakka with independent target selection - and with the S6 Multilasers, not a lot of FnP.....

I am sorely, sorely tempted by one of these.

StraightSilver
02-20-2015, 04:29 AM
That is lovely, I know it's a departure from the old Epic version but I think this works better.

And I know I really shouldn't say this but that price tag doesn't seem unreasonable either.

Think I might be getting one of these....

YorkNecromancer
02-20-2015, 06:38 AM
My only complaint is that the main turret should have a double cannon as well; Stormhammers were (for me, at least) characterised by their quad cannon layout.

Otherwise, though, this is a beautiful, beautiful beast.

Mr Mystery
02-20-2015, 06:52 AM
I'm a fan of the more utilitarian look for this tank, as it's inkeeping with the Solar Auxilia as a whole.

Plus, it looks like the product of mass production, rather than venerated relic of a bygone age, which the earlier Super Heavies all share.

Lord Commissar Maxwell
02-20-2015, 06:52 AM
I would love to see someone make an ork looted one of these. Extra dakka would of course need to be added.

DrLove42
02-20-2015, 06:54 AM
Mind you - I think this might be more the terror of Dark Eldar. So much dakka with independent target selection - and with the S6 Multilasers, not a lot of FnP.....

I am sorely, sorely tempted by one of these.

Except for now the only rules are for30k. No dark eldar (or orks) there for that matter. FW constantly say the 2 are compatible but shouldn't be played against each other as there would be no balance.

Also needs more dakka

Mr Mystery
02-20-2015, 07:19 AM
Needs another gundeck on each side, you're right.

May get one....

As for DE and Orks in 30k - I think the Stormhammer is why they are entirely absent....

CoffeeGrunt
02-20-2015, 07:51 AM
I don't think it'd be unfair to play it in a friendly game provided your opponent/victim of choice gets a decent head-up on it.

This costs as much as two GW Baneblades though. It's in the price category of things I may one day buy like a Tigershark AX1-0, but that I'm not really ready to commit to spending all that wonga on. :P

Besides, playing Orks against it is fine - just say it's the battle of Ullanor.

DWest
02-20-2015, 10:18 AM
I'd really like to see the double-barreled main turret, but the thing that bugs me is the single lascannon forward, it just looks so laughably puny compared to the guns above it.

Path Walker
02-20-2015, 10:22 AM
I like that, its like they had some space left and though, hey, why not just bung a lascannon in there too

CoffeeGrunt
02-20-2015, 11:27 AM
It's a Multi-Laser though.

As a person with a massive love for Multi-Lasers, I really, really want this tank.

Archon
02-20-2015, 02:58 PM
looks neat. A bit like a landship with broadsides. I think it will be great fun in apo-games.

Kirsten
02-20-2015, 04:50 PM
I love the idea of a landship super heavy, it could have main guns on each side rather than a turret or front mounted main weapon. that would be awesome

Lurker
02-20-2015, 10:15 PM
I love the idea of a landship super heavy, it could have main guns on each side rather than a turret or front mounted main weapon. that would be awesome

HAH! Definitely. Remove the top turret in favor of an Assault deck with stop and drop boarding ramps, and equip the lower deck with parapets and heavy stubbers/bolters for anti-boarding actions! Too cool!

tuo
02-25-2015, 02:29 PM
It's a Multi-Laser though.

As a person with a massive love for Multi-Lasers, I really, really want this tank.

I guess he means the LasCannon on the hull, as the co axial multilaser in the turret has nothing "above" it.

Guess I will have to do some turret swapping:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Astra_Militarum_Super_Heavy_Tanks/MACHARIUS-HEAVY-TANK.html
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/STORMHAMMER.html

I always loved the stormhammer with two dual-cannon turrets :D

Houghten
02-25-2015, 03:20 PM
Neat idea! If those turrets do have compatible plugs, you could also make a Stormhammer Vanquisher or Vulcan!

tuo
02-25-2015, 04:08 PM
if not, they will be made compatible :D

Brakkart
02-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Neat idea! If those turrets do have compatible plugs, you could also make a Stormhammer Vanquisher or Vulcan!

A Stormhammer Vulcan... :eek: That's just sick!

CoffeeGrunt
02-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Oooh, put my Macharius turret on it, perhaps?