PDA

View Full Version : unavailable forced warlord traits

Rob Godin
02-15-2015, 01:30 PM
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of updating my flesh tearers to their new codex
(not easy considering my previous 6 troop involved death company, DC dred, assault marines and Dante troopinated Sanguinary Guard!)

I want to use the Flesh Tearers CAD (because I'm fluffy), and I want to have Gabriel Seth as my warlord (because I'm fluffy).
Gabriel has a forced warlord trait from the BLOOD ANGELS list, not the FLESH TEARER warlord list.

If I choose Gabriel to be my warlord for my Flesh Tearers CAD, does he roll on the Flesh Tearer Warlord list, or still get his trait from the Blood Angels Warlord List?

Thanks in advance!

Mr Mystery
02-15-2015, 01:48 PM
Sticks with the one he comes with.

Dave Mcturk
02-16-2015, 10:45 AM
Sticks with the one he comes with.

fixed warlord traits are awful compared to brb - command or strategic ! :eek:

Houghten
02-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Then designate someone else as your Warlord.

Rob Godin
02-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Then designate someone else as your Warlord.

I really want Seth as warlord - I love the Flesh Tearer fluff.
Anyway, I think Chaptermasters should always have to be the warlord in the army.
"no, no random Chaplain, you take the lead on this mission. I'll just hang around the back in case you need me"

I don't mind his fixed trait. I was just confused. I thought that taking the Flesh Tearer CAD locked-out the normal BA warlord traits, making it impossible for him to get his normal trait.
But I'm happy to say he keeps his BA trait, even using the Flesh Tearer CAD.

Charistoph
02-16-2015, 09:50 PM

I'm sure those that use Ahriman and Huron Blackheart disagree.

But for the most part, the codex Traits are not always as useful in Take On All Comers situations, but can be useful if you are lucky or plan around a Unique Character to use it best.

Heck, there's a Necron Character who can change his during the game! Think about the connotations and ramifications of that.

Charon
02-17-2015, 02:30 AM
i'm sure those that use ahriman and huron blackheart disagree.

csm:

master of deception:
Nominate up to d3 infantry units in your army before deployment. Those units gain the infiltrate special rule.

brb:

master of ambush
your warlord and three non-vehicle units of your choice have the infiltrate special rule.

Path Walker
02-17-2015, 05:28 AM

but they're more fluffy. which is more important?

Charistoph
02-17-2015, 09:31 AM
csm:

brb:

Hmm, a guaranteed D3 or a 1/6 chance of 4?

JMichael
02-17-2015, 10:59 AM
The reason Gabriel Seth's warlord trait is from Codex: Blood Angels, is that the Flesh Tearer's Detachments and traits are in the Sheild of Baal books (and White Dwarf).
Rampage seems to fit Gabriel Seth pretty well anyway, I think.

JMichael
02-17-2015, 12:47 PM
On another note, ask your local group or opponents if they mind you rolling on the Flesh Tearer's Warlord Trait table.
I know I wouldn't mind at all.

Dave Mcturk
02-19-2015, 02:44 PM
but they're more fluffy. which is more important?

is that a serious question?

orc warlord with lucky stick gets TWO warlord powers [one must be taken from strategic] [for 10pts]

eldar phoenix warlord gets a fixed trait that is 'fluffy' but mostly useless, even asurman picking three 'eldar' traits can get the three least useful and most are 'one use only' - an 'orc' can get a 12" bubble power that lasts the whole game.

i play orc and eldar - so just saying !

Houghten
02-19-2015, 04:25 PM
It's da finkin' kap wot gets you an extra trait (also the Veritas Vitae). Lukky stikk's re-rolls and weapon skill.

Dave Mcturk
02-20-2015, 09:26 AM
It's da finkin' kap wot gets you an extra trait (also the Veritas Vitae). Lukky stikk's re-rolls and weapon skill.

whoops brain in orc mode. wich is wich ? got bovv of dem. !:rolleyes:

it s only 10pts though ;)

Charon
02-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Hmm, a guaranteed D3 or a 1/6 chance of 4?

2 in 6 if you are battleforged. I can see your point but the rest of the BRB WL Traits are not bad either. Also the Chaos one is somewhat unreliable as it doesn't auto-include your WL and Ahriman or Huron are a really big tax just for infiltrating a few units.

Venomlust
02-21-2015, 11:37 AM
C'mon, we know what the real gem of the CSM warlord table is:

https://i.imgflip.com/hxpiz.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/hxpiz)