PDA

View Full Version : Team effects

Jwolf
02-17-2010, 09:47 PM
In the Pairs tournaments, Wargear and effects that aid friendly models (or can be used by friendly models) work for both partners. If the item or ability specifies the player (i.e. The Space Marine player), then it only works on that type of model - but would work for both partners, if they were both eligible (in the example, both Space Marines).

chapterhousestudios
02-25-2010, 02:58 PM
How about transports? Can teammates use each others transports as long as you follow the rules (capacity, single unit, etc).

Nick

Jwolf
02-26-2010, 01:27 PM
How about transports? Can teammates use each others transports as long as you follow the rules (capacity, single unit, etc).

Nick

If the transport is one that the unit could normally have in their army, yes. This is fairly broadly interpreted - a Chaos Land Raider and a Dark Angels Land Raider are both Land Raiders and you could get in either. But no Genestealers in transports, for instance.

Duke
02-28-2010, 09:02 PM
SO Vulkan would work for two marine armies? Or could he affect all allied weapons in his list i.e. Eldar flamers on the Wraithlords...

Duke

Jwolf
03-02-2010, 06:51 PM
He would twinlink any flamers and meltas for either teammate, as long as there wasn't a different SM chapter tactic replacement.

Duke
03-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Wow, look out for Vulkan + Firedragons.

Duke

Jwolf
03-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Yes, that would work just fine.

Madness
03-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Or Vulkan + Sisters. AGH.

chapterhousestudios
03-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Ummm Vulkan should NOT work for other armies besides Space Marines.

Vulkans power specifically states it replaces Combat Tactics for your Space marine army.

Last I checked Eldar and Sisters dont have the Combat Tactics trait..

This is where things will be a mess unless the Judges have a written FAQ already made for the Doubles Tournament.

Jwolf
03-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Actually, Vulkan's power specifies that you lose Combat Tactics and that all of the listed weapons become twin-linked or master-crafted. Only Vulkan's Chapter Tactics are written this way, likely to allow for twin-linked weapons on Speeders and such, but his rules are different than other Chapter Tactics.

Wildeyedjester
03-27-2010, 05:05 PM
So, likewise, for wraithsight on a wraithlord or wraithguard, any friendly psyker would keep them mobile and not needing to test?

Jwolf
04-02-2010, 09:51 PM
So, likewise, for wraithsight on a wraithlord or wraithguard, any friendly psyker would keep them mobile and not needing to test?

Yes, that would work. Apparently Wraithguard are inspired by Hive Tyrants; who knew? (Though that does explain the mess on Iyanden).

Wildeyedjester
04-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Yes, that would work. Apparently Wraithguard are inspired by Hive Tyrants; who knew? (Though that does explain the mess on Iyanden).

It is scary how well you just read my mind. Thanks!