PDA

View Full Version : Charge Bonus Attacks and Weapon Selection

Grim6
02-14-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm just getting into playing 40k, and had a question about charge bonus and weapons in a charge.

I've got a set of Tyranid Warriors from the Baal set. If they each have some sort of paired melee weapon, they can charge a unit and do 6 attacks each - 4 base + 1 charge + 1 paired weapon. My question is which weapon rules are used to resolve those attacks? For example, one Warrior has Rending Claws, Lash Whip and Bonesword. How do I determine which of his 6 attacks have Swift Strike and Life Drain vs just Rending? Can I just have them all be 'Life Drain and Swift Strike', or is there some way I'm supposed to split them up?

Thanks

thepolytheist
02-14-2015, 03:21 PM
The bonus charge attack doesn't affect special abilities most of the time, so that's irrelevant. It's just an extra attack. In close combat, you choose one weapon (or pair of weapons) to use, including its special properties, and use that for the whole round of combat. Check the second page of the Weapons section of the rulebook for exact wording.

Grim6
02-14-2015, 03:55 PM
Ah, got it, thanks.

Charistoph
02-14-2015, 04:16 PM
The bonus charge attack doesn't affect special abilities most of the time, so that's irrelevant. It's just an extra attack. In close combat, you choose one weapon (or pair of weapons) to use, including its special properties, and use that for the whole round of combat. Check the second page of the Weapons section of the rulebook for exact wording.

The section is called "More Than One Weapon". Also check the introduction of the Tyranid Weapons in their codex for how their special pairs work, too.

Short answer: Only one profile is used in a Combat (and "Lash Whip and Bonesword" are considered one weapon profile) at a time.

As far as I know, though, only Cypher can mix Attack Profiles in Melee. But he's REALLY Special.

Archon Charybdis
02-14-2015, 07:20 PM
As far as I know, though, only Cypher can mix Attack Profiles in Melee. But he's REALLY Special.

The new Harlequin's Kiss does as well, but it also specifically says to resolve one attack at the special profile.