PDA

View Full Version : Changing up my DKoK- Mech 2000

Dingareth
08-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Well, foot slogging it across the trenches isn't cutting it anymore, so I'll be converting up some Chimeras for my squads, which means cutting back on the infantry. Less painting! So I figure I'll try a Vet list and see how well it runs. Now keep in mind people in my area are pretty competitive, so I'm trying to keep up with the Ork Hordes and Fate Crushers here.

Company Command Squad
Plasma Pistol
3 Plasmaguns
Medic
Master of the Fleet
Chimera
Turret Multi-Laser
Hull Heavy Flamer

Psyker Battle Squad
7 Psykers
Chimera
Turret Multi-Laser
Hull Heavy Flamer

Psyker Battle Squad
7 Psykers
Chimera
Turret Multi-Laser
Hull Heavy Flamer

8 Ratlings- count as Trench Snipers

Veteran Squad
3 Meltaguns
Chimera
Turret Multi-Laser
Hull Heavy Flamer

Veteran Squad
3 Meltaguns
Chimera
Turret Multi-Laser
Hull Heavy Flamer

Veteran Squad
3 Meltaguns
Chimera
Turret Multi-Laser
Hull Heavy Flamer

Veteran Squad
3 Meltaguns
Chimera
Turret Multi-Laser
Hull Heavy Flamer

Banewolf
Hull Heavy Flamer

Banewolf
Hull Heavy Flamer

Knight Commander Pask
Leman Russ Exterminator
Hull Heavy Bolter
Sposon Heavy Bolter
Heavy Stubber
Camo- Netting

Leman Russ
Hull Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ
Hull Heavy Bolter

2000 even

Now I'm trying a lot of new stuff here... PBSs, Banewolves, and a Mech list so pretty much anything beyond Pask and the converted Snipers can be switched in and out. What do y'all think?

Chumbalaya
08-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Why Pask? Why the Exterminator? For the points you can pick up Hydras or something good against heavy armor like a Demolisher.

Everything else looks pretty solid, you might run into problems with high AV at range and baddies in cover though. Demolishers and Eradicators would be nice.

Orks hordes and Fatecrusher is garbage, you should stomp all over them.

Dingareth
08-04-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm a big fan of Pask in an Exterminator, 4 S8 TL shots at Bs 6 is great for popping transports like Wave Serpents and Falcons. He can also fire at infantry, wiping out 10 man squads easily if they aren't in cover.

Chumbalaya
08-04-2009, 08:58 PM
I think I prefer 12 S7 TL shots at BS3 :P

And infantry will rarely be out of cover, so reach for a Hellhound or Eradicator. Fwoosh!

Dingareth
08-05-2009, 05:57 AM
Yeah, I'm still on the fence between Hellhounds and Banewolves... I like the Banewolf because its short range is offset by being a Fast tank, so they'll need 6's to hit in CC, and it can fire a Heavy Flamer and the Chem Cannon at GEQ when moving 12", or just the Chem Cannon at MEQ when going 12".

Chumbalaya
08-05-2009, 08:37 AM
The Chem Cannon is S1, so it's defensive and you can fire both on the move :D