PDA

View Full Version : SM 1850 List

West Bertozzi
02-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Hopefully this list can win games without abusing to much. I may bring it to tourmaments but want to also play it for friendly games. I plan on painting them up as Luna Wolves but just use the codex for the rules. I am a really slow painter with high standards so want to iron out what I will be playing so I am not painting things I wont be using. Fun to look at? (I love painting) Solid list? fun to play? what holes or lists would I struggle against? Opionions are welcome!

CAPTAIN Primarchs Wrath

COMMAND SQUAD Company Standard, Apothecary, Rhino

10 STERNGUARD Pod, 5 Combi-Melta

DREADNOUGHT Autocannons on both arms

10 MAN TACTICAL Pod, Flamer, Combi-Flamer

10 MAN TACTICAL Pod, Combi-Melta, Melta

10 MAN TACTICAL Combi-Plasma, Heavy Bolter

5 MAN SCOUT SQUAD Camo Cloaks, 5 Snipers

3 MAN CENTURION SQUAD 3 Grav Cannons, 3 Missle Launchers

5 MAN DEVASTATOR SQUAD 3 Missle Launchers, 3 Flakk

THUNDERFIRE CANNON

1850 Point List

Thanks, West

xTHExCLINCHERx
02-11-2015, 10:00 AM
For a friendly list it's nice. There are definitely some sub-optimal things here though and if you're looking to make it a little tougher and more efficient here are some thoughts:

Captain - the primarch's wrath is interesting and fluffy but only really effective if you're relentless... so on a bike pretty much (not sure if you can take it in term armor).

Command Squad - what is the purpose of this unit here? If it's just to hang out in cover or something and fire bolters at other infantry, I think that's fine but an expensive way to do that... a tactical squad will be more point-efficient for that purpose. The great thing about the command squad is their access to 5 special weapons, or an apothecary if you're taking a beefy HQ to support.

Tac Squads - the pods and loadouts are nice, although the combi-plas + plas should probably replace the heavy bolter in the last squad... and they don't have a transport not sure why (foot slogging marines is pretty much a waste... for the points take scouts who can at least infiltrate, otherwise you'll just die out of cover and not be effective at shooting most likely)

Scouts - some ppl like the sniper approach, but personally I don't. sniper rifles don't pin anymore, and your chances of actually inflicting a wound are incredibly low... they have poor BS, very few shots and can't move if they ever want to be effective. A much more versatile unit is 5 bolter or ccw scouts in a land speeder storm.

TFC - great unit

Dev Cents - the grav is awesome, but drop the chest missile launchers for stock hurricane bolters so you have some defense against the stuff grav is weak against (swarms of low armor nids/orks, etc.). an omni scope is also good here since grav is so potent and a single model's volley can probably kill another unit or model.

Devs w/flakk - if you are taking IF CTs and have tank hunter, a full squad of 4 is ok AA if you don't like vehicles... but in all honestly they are so point inefficient and immobile, they are not worth taking. I'd look into a flier for your AA or a heavy support vehicle like the Stalker.

Hope that helps!

Dave Mcturk
02-12-2015, 07:30 AM
main thing i see is that although sternguard are already point heavy - youve given them even more points - and really their main use is their 'special' ammunition. use them to chop out legitimate targets - and put those points on other units ?

and although it costs 15pts per squad you really need a sergeant with melta bombs in each unit

and if you must have scouts a flame-speeder is a better option {yes we all know scouts are lovely models !}

and for a very few extra points you can have two bonus hq techmarines in there ! stick grav pistols on them and you can get a bit of extra umph against heavy infantry