PDA

View Full Version : Got an airbrush and need advice

Lord Inquisitor
02-16-2010, 09:25 PM
So for all of you who have supported me this far I thank you. Here is what I got.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200439730400&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Now I just want advice on use, cleaning, paints, other things I might need, and whatever else you got.

fade_74
02-16-2010, 10:19 PM
first of all.....don't use cheap paints. They don't thin well and have lots of particulate matter in them. Use GW, Reaper, vallejo, etc. Try out a proffesional thinner, then rubbing alcohol.....see what suits you best...then use it. Rubbing alcohol is cheap, readily available, and a great airbrush cleaner. See if you can find a video or two online about cleaning your airbrush. It is pretty easy, and you MUST clean it every time you use it. A dirty brush will spray like crap...period. You dont have to take it ALL apart, but you need to clean the nozzle, the needle, and the spray cup. About every 2 hours, take the whole nozzle assembly off and clean the little rubber O ring that goes around the needle...its right behind the fattest part of the nozzle assembly. It usually gets gunky on mine. Between colors, wipe out the cup, then put in some alcohol, spray it till it comes out clean...then cover the end with your fingerand give it some air....that causes the air to go back into the cup (ala blowing air through your straw into your soda) this will help flush things out a bit. I'm sure I have forgotten a million things lol. I hope you enjoy it. Airbrushing is alot of fun once you get the hang of it,,,,and the results are very worthwhile.

therealjohnny5
02-18-2010, 02:08 PM
got almost the same thing from TCGlobal for about $50 less. your cups bigger though...lol As for caring for it just a little cleaner and oil for the brush. you can get it from amazon for like $7. no big deal there. oil the needle every time after you use it and you should be good to go. That compressor is maintenance-less which is nice. Oh and a set of nylon brushes will help with nozzle cleaning. Again like $5 on Amazon....

Lord Inquisitor
02-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Thnaks for the advice I'll definetly use it.