PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Easy Rust Effect

Escalation Painting
02-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Heres a easy and fast way to create good looking rust effects.

what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2f-felFoLo

Please Subscribe!

Morgrim
02-03-2015, 08:36 AM
I think it would be helpful to SHOW us the rust effects, rather than merely linking to a 12 minute long video that may or may not have applicable rust effects in it.

Denzark
02-03-2015, 12:13 PM
I completely agree with Morgrim. This probably breaches the forum rules on self promotion too, if the only point is to link elsewhere...

The Girl
02-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Not seeing any broken rules here… just a really nicely done, thorough video tutorial on rust effects.

ffrank
02-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Not sure about the rules.. Glad it was posted regardless !

Escalation Painting
02-05-2015, 12:50 AM
Thanks 'The Girl'

I didn't think it was breaking any rules. Not trying to push and service or link to a site as the player is embedded.

Glad you like the video!

The Girl
02-05-2015, 01:10 AM
You did everything right... thanks for posting and I hope to see more :)

CoffeeGrunt
02-05-2015, 03:56 AM
Good tutorial, shame people seem to be a bit antagonistic towards it, but I agree that a pic of the finished result would help sell the video.

Never thought to use Mournfang Brown as a base between Typhus Corrosion and Ryza Rust, but I like the effect it gives, so I'll try this out in the future.

Escalation Painting
02-05-2015, 04:24 AM
Yeh mournfang is ideal! It's a light orange brown. Very good rusty colour.

FireHazard
02-05-2015, 05:24 AM
I've been subbed to your channel for a fair while now. This is just one of a whole bunch of great vids. Keep 'em coming :)

Escalation Painting
02-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks FireHazard!

Appreciate the feedback!

Cactus
02-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Nice, I dig it. I use a similar technique very similar without using the Corrosion paint but I like your realistic result.

DarkLink
02-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Good tutorial, shame people seem to be a bit antagonistic towards it, but I agree that a pic of the finished result would help sell the video.

Never thought to use Mournfang Brown as a base between Typhus Corrosion and Ryza Rust, but I like the effect it gives, so I'll try this out in the future.

On some forums it's considered bad form to have an opening post with little more than a link to a blog, but in this case the content (the video) is viewable from this site, so I don't see why anyone would have a problem.

daboarder
02-09-2015, 10:10 PM
On some forums it's considered bad form to have an opening post with little more than a link to a blog, but in this case the content (the video) is viewable from this site, so I don't see why anyone would have a problem.

true, some pictures of the end result as an example before we watch would help alleviate the issue though

Just a heads up recommendation for next time Escalation Painting

Morgrim
02-10-2015, 10:27 AM

Because some of us have to manually activate Flash in order to watch said video and the pause images Youtube displays are hopeless, so it is irritating to have to fiddle with stuff to watch the video to decide whether it is worth watching. And if I'm not on my home computer I'm never, ever going to bother with a video because it takes too long to load, but if there was an interesting picture I may at least decide to go look at it later.

Escalation Painting
02-13-2015, 06:26 AM
This Is good feedback, I'll make sure I do this in future!

Hope you liked the videos anyways.

Will have more coming soon.