PDA

View Full Version : Wraith attack bonus

Blabrun
02-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Reading through the new codex and liking it. One question came to mind though. The rulebook (p424) says, that if a model is not specifically stated as having a weapon with the melee type, it is treated as being armed with a single ccw. The canoptek wraiths does not state as having any melee weapons! Does this mean they get an extra attack if you buy whip coils (now a melee weapon) or the particle caster?? Seems almost to good to be true! but I really can't find anything that contradicts it.

Archon Charybdis
02-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Does this mean they get an extra attack if you buy whip coils (now a melee weapon) or the particle caster?? Seems almost to good to be true! but I really can't find anything that contradicts it.

If you buy Whip Coils (and they're now a CCW) then you're now equiped with Whip Coils. The rule only applies if you have no kind of CCW enumerated as part of your wargear. Likewise, I thought the particle caster was a shooting weapon, I didn't think it had a melee profile.

Charistoph
02-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Likewise, I thought the particle caster was a shooting weapon, I didn't think it had a melee profile.

The Particle Caster is a Pistol, so yeah, it has a melee profile (even if it's no different than the "free" weapon).

Archon Charybdis
02-04-2015, 08:15 PM
The Particle Caster is a Pistol, so yeah, it has a melee profile (even if it's no different than the "free" weapon).

Gotcha. Then still, to the original post, you'd then be equipped with a Particle Caster/Pistol/CCW already, and wouldn't benefit from the rule in question.