PDA

View Full Version : New to Super Dungeon Explore

The Sovereign
02-01-2015, 10:39 AM
After seeing SDE for the first time at PAX South a week ago, I was completely enthralled by the style of the minis. Just got my core set in the mail today.

So as an SDE noob, I have a couple questions about upcoming releases:
1. Does SPM plan to rerelease previous sets and heroes (such as the Von Drakk box and Nyan Nyan) with updated rules?
2. I was told an updated release of the SDE core set is in the works, with updated rules, etc. Does anyone have any more info about what this might look like? Will it be an updated rerelease, with the box containing all the same heroes, monsters, bosses, tiles, etc.?

GringoK13
02-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Hi, I'm hardly an SDE pro myself but I might be able to help a little.

1. SPM has announced that it is releasing Upgrade Decks that will "... include complete up-to-date and errata'd cards for every Super Dungeon Explore model from previous sets. Including special edition models.
In addition, the upgrade packs include Arcade cards to use your existing monsters in the new Arcade Mode."

So they might re-release once they exhaust stock, but until then, you'll need one of the three decks they are releasing.

2. I think I heard that the re-release of the Core set would just be the same but with pre-assembled miniatures. It's possible that they might contain an updated rulebook, but as I can't narrow down a source other than "This Kickstarter" https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1257458293/super-dungeon-explore-forgotten-king it's best to assume it's just the models getting a change.

The Sovereign
02-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Okay, thanks for the reply. I noticed some of the products, namely the Von Drakk box, aren't available on the SPM website store anymore. Will they make that available again?

lattd
02-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Hi Sovereign, SDE is currently about to get a v2 release with the new forgotten king set and new rulebooks. As such Von Drakk will be getting a re-release after with new cards. All the old models will get updated rules etc. BTW im just an avid fan and a kickstarter backer.