PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Deredo Class Dreadnought - Got Dakka?

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 03:36 AM
It's ready folks!

Deredo Pattern Dreadnought (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEREDEO_PATTERN_DREADNOUGHT.html)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/deredeo1.jpg

The Deredeo pattern Dreadnought is a dedicated heavy support frame, though it shares many core components and systems with the more general assault-based Contemptor class. Initially deployed in limited numbers to each of the Legions due to difficulties in its manufacture, its durability and firepower saw demand for the Deredeo pattern dramatically increase after the outbreak of the Horus Heresy.

The Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought is a multi-part resin kit which includes the sarcophagus-mounted heavy bolters or heavy flamer options and an 80mm plastic base. This model is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Friday January 30th.

And its sold separate dakkas....

Anvillus Pattern Autocannon Battery (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEREDEO_DREADNOUGHT_ANVILUS_AUTOCANNON_BATTERY.htm l)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/anvilus-autocannon.jpg

Aiolos Missile Launchers (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEREDEO_DREADNOUGHT_AIOLOS_MISSILE_LAUNCHER.html)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/aiolos-missile.jpg

Enough dakka to make a Deffdredd weep in envy, before realising it's not that fighty!

No rules as of yet.

£65 for a fully armed and operational battle statio.....sorry, Dreadnought.

RGilbert26
01-23-2015, 03:48 AM
Plus it's in Ultramarine Legion colours so I'm thinking the rules come with the next book.

Path Walker
01-23-2015, 04:10 AM
Gah, would come out the week AFTER i'm at Warhammer World!

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 04:18 AM
Yup.

And I'm expecting the book soon! Probably at the Weekender, then out soon after (as in the Monday after, for anti-scalper lols!)

Kirsten
01-23-2015, 04:42 AM
Looks awesome, I need one. When is the weekender? I need someone to grab me a Sevatar :p

CoffeeGrunt
01-23-2015, 04:50 AM
I'm not the only one thinking of stealing the Missile Launcher/Autocannons from this for Guard tanks, right?

Path Walker
01-23-2015, 05:01 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/D/Deredeo.pdf

Rules are out too, if such things matter to you, very effective anti air dread but with added awesome missles perfect for taking out light vehicles or a few space marines!

StraightSilver
01-23-2015, 05:08 AM
OOh, that looks stunning, but then everything looks better in Ultramarines blue!! :)

Getting excited now but was actually hoping the Ultramarines / Calth book would come a bit later as i wanted to get my 40K Ultras finished before starting my 30K Ultras... I must be mad. :)

daboarder
01-23-2015, 05:27 AM
told you chaos wouldnt get access.....

I mean, lol, compare this to a Decimator, its laughable

EDIT: Actually its a little depressing, for 20 more points chaos gets, -1WS, -2 BS, -1I, no in built ranged guns (sure a pair of heavy flamers but whoop!)...and for all that wonderful awesome, we get the chance to get back up on a 6 once we're inevitably dead.

Tyrendian
01-23-2015, 05:29 AM
looks ace to be sure, but the rules seem a bit bland to me... kinda lack that "it does what now?!" I'd have expected from such a fancy model... as it is, it's not that different from a Contemptor Mortis with slightly different but still rather generic weaponry...

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 05:33 AM
told you chaos wouldnt get access.....

I mean, lol, compare this to a Decimator, its laughable

That's because the Decimator is laughable all round. I know, it's not often I critique rules in such an unconstructive way, but the Decimator is cack, especially post-IA13 when you hatch a Daemon Prince out of a Dread.

And come on. Access yet. There's nothing gribbly about this particular model. Chaos Contemptors followed the release of the Renegade Legion variants.

Though I reckon you'll get whatever that Gal Vorbak looking Dread is!

- - - Updated - - -

looks ace to be sure, but the rules seem a bit bland to me... kinda lack that "it does what now?!" I'd have expected from such a fancy model... as it is, it's not that different from a Contemptor Mortis with slightly different but still rather generic weaponry...

It's Dakka is pretty spectacular. S8 re-rolling penetration (ooh missus) is pretty sweet when it can do AA, and being able to fire it's missiles at something else is tasty - shoot down a flyer, and have at a medium battle tank. It may only be S6, but it does tonk side armour.

daboarder
01-23-2015, 05:35 AM
That's because the Decimator is laughable all round. I know, it's not often I critique rules in such an unconstructive way, but the Decimator is cack, especially post-IA13 when you hatch a Daemon Prince out of a Dread.

And come on. Access yet. There's nothing gribbly about this particular model. Chaos Contemptors followed the release of the Renegade Legion variants.

- - - Updated - - -

It's Dakka is pretty spectacular. S8 re-rolling penetration (ooh missus) is pretty sweet when it can do AA, and being able to fire it's missiles at something else is tasty - shoot down a flyer, and have at a medium battle tank. It may only be S6, but it does tonk side armour.

We'll see, the decimator whould be flipping awesome, its a real shame that FW is so terrified of its get back up abillity.

still waiting on those knights though mystery ;)

Cutter
01-23-2015, 05:44 AM
It's ready folks!

Deredo Pattern Dreadnought (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEREDEO_PATTERN_DREADNOUGHT.html)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/deredeo1.jpg

And its sold separate dakkas....

Anvillus Pattern Autocannon Battery (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEREDEO_DREADNOUGHT_ANVILUS_AUTOCANNON_BATTERY.htm l)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/anvilus-autocannon.jpg

Aiolos Missile Launchers (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEREDEO_DREADNOUGHT_AIOLOS_MISSILE_LAUNCHER.html)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/aiolos-missile.jpg

Enough dakka to make a Deffdredd weep in envy, before realising it's not that fighty!

No rules as of yet.

£65 for a fully armed and operational battle statio.....sorry, Dreadnought.

It's really pretty, reminds me of lots of BattleTech mechs, which is a good thing, but ultimately it's not 65 quids worth of pretty, to me.

YMMV.

Path Walker
01-23-2015, 05:48 AM
Only a few quid more than a standard contemptor with weapons, I don't think its a bad deal.

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 05:49 AM
I did ask at Warhammer fest!

It does seem they are on the way - FW are definitely wanting to. Main stumbling block, and this is from the guy likely to get the job of doing them, is the Throne Mechanicus, and how it amplifies good and noble things once you're plugged in, and how to Chaosificate that.

Kind of easy enough for Slaanesh - it positively fits, as ampification can easily lead to excess (remember kids (not you DB), Slaanesh is about more than boobs and whips!)

Khorne - again fairly easy to slot in how one could 'go to the bad'.

Nurgle and Tzeentch? Well....bit tricksier to really explain how they corrupt someone of good and selfless in a non 'because reasons' way.

Then there's 'what makes them Slaaneshi/Khornate etc. I mean, there's more to a Nurgle thing than 'you can tell by the pump-action snotgun'

Still happy we'll see them. They're even referenced to exist in IA13.

Path Walker
01-23-2015, 05:52 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Twin linked so its rerolling misses (at BS 5) and failed penetrations, most flyers are lucky to get armour 12, so with Skyfire its taking down Flyers pretty handily, and yeah, a light/medium vehicle or anything else tempting within 60" as a secondry shot

Cutter
01-23-2015, 05:56 AM
Only a few quid more than a standard contemptor with weapons, I don't think its a bad deal.

If you're used to FW prices then probably not. Can't be precise what my psychological break point for a dreadnought is, but probably 40 quid, certainly sub 50.

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 06:00 AM
If you're used to FW prices then probably not. Can't be precise what my psychological break point for a dreadnought is, but probably 40 quid, certainly sub 50.

But this has so much dakkas!

Going to wait though. With the weapons being separate, it seems inevitable more are on the way!

Cutter
01-23-2015, 06:23 AM

Going to wait though. With the weapons being separate, it seems inevitable more are on the way!

It is Dakkatastic, no one could deny that.

TBH I'd be hard pressed to think of a more aesthetically pleasing loadout than that though.

Again, I think it's the old BattleTech player in me seeing a Rifleman crossed with a Madcat.

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 06:25 AM
Plasma, Plasma, more Plasma, served with a Plasma sauce and a cheeky side order of Plasma, rounded off with a Pint of finest foaming Plasma.

Path Walker
01-23-2015, 06:27 AM
Plasma, Plasma, more Plasma, served with a Plasma sauce and a cheeky side order of Plasma, rounded off with a Pint of finest foaming Plasma.

So Meltas, yeah?

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 06:29 AM
It can have a Melta Chaser to wash down the pint o'plasma.

And maybe twelfty assault cannons to replace it's legs. Because who needs legs.

Man, if your opponent deploys one of these, just take off your Landspeeders :p

energongoodie
01-23-2015, 06:33 AM

My thoughts exactly.
Guessing we'll get plasma, melta and las mounts.

Maybe some sort of mega bolter mount.

I think it looks ridiculous, but it's so ridiculous I absolutely want one!

Wolfshade
01-23-2015, 06:33 AM
The autocannon look good. Now how out of place will they look on a standard dread?

Tyrendian
01-23-2015, 06:44 AM

what I'm kinda waiting for is not another big ol' Plasma Cannon (nothing wrong with big ol'!) but a cross between a Plasma Gun and either Hurricane Bolters (Plasma Battery) or Assault Cannons (Gatling Plasma)... dunno why... or rather, no reason other than awesomity

Cutter
01-23-2015, 06:51 AM

You know what you like at least:)

daboarder
01-23-2015, 06:53 AM
I did ask at Warhammer fest!

It does seem they are on the way - FW are definitely wanting to. Main stumbling block, and this is from the guy likely to get the job of doing them, is the Throne Mechanicus, and how it amplifies good and noble things once you're plugged in, and how to Chaosificate that.

Kind of easy enough for Slaanesh - it positively fits, as ampification can easily lead to excess (remember kids (not you DB), Slaanesh is about more than boobs and whips!)

Khorne - again fairly easy to slot in how one could 'go to the bad'.

Nurgle and Tzeentch? Well....bit tricksier to really explain how they corrupt someone of good and selfless in a non 'because reasons' way.

Then there's 'what makes them Slaaneshi/Khornate etc. I mean, there's more to a Nurgle thing than 'you can tell by the pump-action snotgun'

Still happy we'll see them. They're even referenced to exist in IA13.

stick a daemon in it, fluff solved.

Seriously, the only thing stopping FW from doing chaos knights is that little stupidity about market research.

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 06:56 AM
what I'm kinda waiting for is not another big ol' Plasma Cannon (nothing wrong with big ol'!) but a cross between a Plasma Gun and either Hurricane Bolters (Plasma Battery) or Assault Cannons (Gatling Plasma)... dunno why... or rather, no reason other than awesomity

Yes. This. But Twelfty of them.

Cutter
01-23-2015, 07:15 AM
Yes. This. But Twelfty of them.

How about,12434

Path Walker
01-23-2015, 07:33 AM
I want it with all Heavy Bolters. I love Heavy Bolters. Hurricane Heavy Bolters on both arms.

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 07:36 AM
How about,12434

And three in the chest.

DWest
01-23-2015, 07:49 AM
It's really pretty, reminds me of lots of BattleTech mechs, which is a good thing, but ultimately it's not 65 quids worth of pretty, to me.

YMMV.
Keep in mind, it's also much bigger than a standard Dreadnought. The presser said "80mm base", which means based on the picture it's literally 2 regular dreads standing one on top the other in height with the missile launcher installed.

Cutter
01-23-2015, 08:07 AM
Keep in mind, it's also much bigger than a standard Dreadnought. The presser said "80mm base", which means based on the picture it's literally 2 regular dreads standing one on top the other in height with the missile launcher installed.

That might lessen the pain, I'd be interested to see it next to a marine.

- - - Updated - - -

And three in the chest.

My Paint skillz are weak, so I couldn't manage the three in the chest, otherwise,

Enjoy :p

Tyrendian
01-23-2015, 09:51 AM
I'd tap that...

Wolfshade
01-23-2015, 09:52 AM
I think cutter might be from the design studio...

Path Walker
01-23-2015, 09:53 AM

- - - Updated - - -

My Paint skillz are weak, so I couldn't manage the three in the chest, otherwise,

Enjoy :p

Boom!

Cutter
01-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Boom!

"...when you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherfunster in the room...accept no substitutes..."

Tyrendian
01-23-2015, 11:39 AM
"...when you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherfunster in the room...accept no substitutes..."

room? bah... child's play... what are you, squeamish Eldar?
:D

Theik
01-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Looks like a dread and an anti-air turret got funky in the bedroom...

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Here's a thought, and I think you'll agree it's a sexy one.....

We've not seen any Dread mounted Volkite Dakka yet....

Houghten
01-23-2015, 01:47 PM
I find two things interesting about it so far.

The first is that the autocannon are sold separately despite the experimental rules not giving you the option to swap them for anything or refrain from taking them, suggesting that the non-experimental rules will have more options. I'm hoping for a magna-melta array, though volkite stuff would also be really cool (except hot).

The second is the phrase "80mm plastic base." The base in the pictures is pretty clearly round, so it's not the Carnifex base from Deathstorm, and AFAIK no plastic kit yet released has an 80mm round base. I wonder what will be coming out from GW on that base?

Now to go run the maths and see if the autocannon array is better at obliterating Stormravens than a skyspear missile...

Brakkart
01-23-2015, 02:00 PM

Asked and answered:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/deredeo-dread6.jpg

I think it looks pretty awesome and nice rules for it too. I am curious to see what other weapon load outs come out for it but I'll certainly be getting one to bolster my Imperial Fists.

CoffeeGrunt
01-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Looks like GW are really diversifying base sizes. About time, annoying trying to fit some models they decided to put on bases barely big enough to fit them.

Cutter
01-24-2015, 04:48 AM
Asked and answered:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/deredeo-dread6.jpg

I think it looks pretty awesome and nice rules for it too. I am curious to see what other weapon load outs come out for it but I'll certainly be getting one to bolster my Imperial Fists.

Doh, should have hit the down arrow, ta.

StraightSilver
01-24-2015, 07:20 AM
It's HUGE!! Price tag doesn't seem so outrageous now... Sold.

daboarder
01-24-2015, 03:49 PM
thats standard contemptor size Silver, inst it?

Houghten
01-24-2015, 04:52 PM
Well, the bodies are the same size but the missile launcher adds a lot of height. I'm not sure if the legs are the same bits or not (edit: those toes are definitely different).

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/deredeo-dread5.jpg

Path Walker
01-26-2015, 05:44 AM
Ordered mine at Warhammer World, it'll be sent out Friday for no delivery cost, nice!

I certainly didn't get to see a sneak preview of one in the blisters and gawp at how massive its cannons actually are

Mr Mystery
01-26-2015, 06:15 AM
Well, the bodies are the same size but the missile launcher adds a lot of height. I'm not sure if the legs are the same bits or not (edit: those toes are definitely different).

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/deredeo-dread5.jpg

Yep. Same height, but Deredo is far bulkier.

Now, I wonder what the Close Assault Dreadnought will look like? Furibundus pattern I reckon, seeing as they're using the old pattern names.

Thaldin
01-26-2015, 11:42 AM
I like what they did with the feet. It lends to the story of how much firepower it unleashes that it needs extra support.