PDA

View Full Version : Battle Report Builder - Comments & Feedback Wanted!

cadianshock
01-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Hello

Here the latest version of my work in progress Battle Report Builder web application.

You can view screen shots here http://imgur.com/a/X1s61

​Current game systems are Warmachine, Hordes, 40K, 30K, Warhammer Fantasy and x-Wing.

Proposed Features

Anyone can create beautiful Battle Reports that are mobile friendly and standardised - for free!
Select from different layout modes to suit your style or writing and play style; - each turn (1, 2, 3, 4, etc) - top & bottom of each turn - start, middle, end
Allows Battle Report readers to view Battle Reports in three readable modes to suit the level of detail they wish to get from a Battle Report; - full - summary - gallery and presentation
Import army lists from Battlescribe and Army Builder to easily showcase your lists.
Upload up to 12 photos per turn in your Battle Reports to showcase your battlefield in all its glory.
Overlay text, boxes and arrows onto images to clearly show the flow of the battle.
Search for other reports by game system, army, winning army, points value, number of turns and mission type.
Gain achievements and badges for adding your Battle Reports.
Have your Battle Reports commented on and rated by other users.
Share your reports easily to Facebook and Twitter.
Export summary reports to Wordpress, Blogspot and forum formats.
I have a closed beta at the moment if people want access, its just not ready yet for the full force of the mini wargaming community!

Thanks
Jake (Cadian Shock)

daboarder
01-22-2015, 05:07 PM
This is really interesting, any chance of it getting support for infinity as well

cadianshock
01-22-2015, 05:11 PM
This is really interesting, any chance of it getting support for infinity as well

You mean like this? http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/27170-battle-report-builder-comments-feedback-wanted/ :-)

If people want it, then yes!

furryblueelf
01-22-2015, 08:51 PM
I never knew this existed. I will definitely give it a go now and provide feedback.
Thank you cadianshock!

daboarder
01-22-2015, 09:05 PM
yeah saw that after I'd posted here

Thaldin
01-23-2015, 11:46 AM
Looks like someone is tinkering with Angular =) Looks good so far. I am curious if you are planning to allow the registered users to assign themselves armies and maybe make some battle lists they use regularly? Then it would be easy to say I used this *Click* with this list *click* against my friend and his army *click* and his list *click*

cadianshock
01-23-2015, 06:36 PM
Looks like someone is tinkering with Angular =) Looks good so far. I am curious if you are planning to allow the registered users to assign themselves armies and maybe make some battle lists they use regularly? Then it would be easy to say I used this *Click* with this list *click* against my friend and his army *click* and his list *click*

Close! Not Angular, but KnockoutJS. How on earth could you tell?!

I have lists at the moment for Battlescribe and Army Builder, oh and plain text. But there is no "library of lists" at present. Do people really play with the same lists again and again?

Or is it easy enough or too much to ask to re-add the list file for each report?

Thaldin
01-26-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm a developer and we use Angular for our portal website =)

A lot of people have static lists that they will take to a store to play so they have some options at 1500, 1750, 1850, etc. And for an initial release, put out what works for you. People will request more features as they see the need. As long as the turn around is reasonable and communication flows, most customers will be patient =)

cadianshock
01-26-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm a developer and we use Angular for our portal website =)

A lot of people have static lists that they will take to a store to play so they have some options at 1500, 1750, 1850, etc. And for an initial release, put out what works for you. People will request more features as they see the need. As long as the turn around is reasonable and communication flows, most customers will be patient =)

OK good call with the list idea. Its on my todo list....

Also good thoughts on the initial release, although I want it to be usable and rather feature rich so people can see its full potential. Use hobby types are fickle/hard to please with tech!

Thaldin
01-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Things you learn when you lead a team that supports over 20 other teams lol

KAPcom
01-29-2015, 11:27 AM
This software looks really straightforward and easy to use. I'm not usually one to make battle reports, but with something like this, I might have to start.

cadianshock
01-29-2015, 04:19 PM
This software looks really straightforward and easy to use. I'm not usually one to make battle reports, but with something like this, I might have to start.

That is really great to hear and very encouraging. Its coming along really well at the moment and I am starting to get the "view" modes in place so that reports can be read, rather than just created.

cadianshock
02-05-2015, 06:42 PM
My first report is up to showcase the first completed "view" or "reading" mode.

Thoughts, comments, ideas and suggestion very welcome!

http://i.imgur.com/5MxvjpS.png

Do you want in? Do you want to help out? Please do let me know!