PDA

View Full Version : Sisters of Battle GW appeal

BlackTalos
01-22-2015, 10:15 AM
From: www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/632419.page
So, i recall a similar pledge a few years back, but never got news as to outcomes.

The idea here is to get most players who collect Adepta Sororitas armies to purchase a single model in order to show our support for GW, and entice them to update their Battle Sisters range.
The plan is very simple, and will simply work on the spread in Social media and gaming groups.

On the 4th of March 2015, i would kindly ask that you purchase THIS MODEL (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Battle-Sister-with-Meltagun-2).
You may select an alternative, such as THIS (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Battle-Sister-with-Storm-Bolter-2) or THIS (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Battle-Sister-with-Flamer-2).

The most important thing is to try and do this as close as you can to a selected time:
8am PST
10am CST
11am EST for the US

4pm GMT in the UK

5pm CET for most of Europe

Or the equivalent time in your time zone.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/1/22/680952_sm-.jpg
If you own an Adepta Sororitas army, that model will surely find a home and be useful. Even fully equipped collectors of AS could make use of this 1 model, and would show support for the cause. I know you might be happy with the amount of models you have, but this is a message that you want more attention given to your Faction.

The next step is simply to spread this message as far and wide as you can, and make the purchase on the stated date.
As a bonus, you may also send the following email, or an amended version of your own, to the following address: [email protected] or [email protected] in conjunction with your order.

Dear Madam/Sir,

I am contacting you in regards to my recent order of an Adepta Sororitas model.

First of all, I do apologise for the high amount of administration work this has probably caused. Secondly, I do not expect a delivery of the model if the stocks have been emptied as a result, but would greatly appreciate a refund if this is the case and if it is within your means.

Lastly I would explain the reason for this purchase: I am an earnest collector of Adepta Sororitas models, and have been waiting for an update to this Faction for some time now. This purchase shows my interest in this range of models, and shows that an Update, or simply more attention to this Faction would bring me great joy.

Kind Regards,
A Sisters of Battle player.

I do really want to emphasise on the fact that this petition will probably create some chaos for GW, but hopefully the spread of the campaign will provide them with warning, as i do not this to be a 'surprise', rather a evaluation of how many would support this cause.

Please spread the word, including translations and adaptations where necessary.

The Illusionist
01-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Number of Posts: 1
Topic of one and only post: Tell GW you want NEW Adeptus Sororitas models by giving them money for their OLD ones.

....Be honest; you're Kevin Rountree, aren't you?

Either that, or you're actively encouraging people to troll a company with a workload you knowingly expect them to be unable to keep up with, whihch I absolutely do not condone. Way to stick it to the designers, shareholders and the CEO, by causing severe complications and massive problems for the poor innocent *******s who work in the stores and the warehouse!

Denzark
01-25-2015, 04:40 PM
Most of my favourite models are my RT Chaos marines. You say 1997 miniature like its a bad thing...

BlackTalos
01-26-2015, 10:36 AM
Number of Posts: 1
Topic of one and only post: Tell GW you want NEW Adeptus Sororitas models by giving them money for their OLD ones.

....Be honest; you're Kevin Rountree, aren't you?

Either that, or you're actively encouraging people to troll a company with a workload you knowingly expect them to be unable to keep up with, whihch I absolutely do not condone. Way to stick it to the designers, shareholders and the CEO, by causing severe complications and massive problems for the poor innocent *******s who work in the stores and the warehouse!

Lol, just trying to spread the word and get as much support as we can. You are the first to have the same concerns as I regarding trouble of excess orders!

A)As much as i'd hope we reach good numbers, i'm sure it won't be far off the number of Orders that a new Codex release procures.
B) GW have been notified of this petition, if they had not had a report on it already from the spread of the news. I'm sure there won't be much preparation to do.

I mean, would they complain about more purchases? Doing it at a specific Time & Date and with an accompanying email, the message should be clear.

"It's a single model less than $10, and you have a month and a half to save for it. Hardly a huge imposition on anyone. Please, even if you personally don't want the model, join the appeal anyway for the sake of the people who want a new range!"

Most of my favourite models are my RT Chaos marines. You say 1997 miniature like its a bad thing...

It is when it means increased prices (with no alternatives - how much is the 10 Chaos marines box?), no new rules (or a quick e-book re-write), static poses hard to convert, and very little army-building options past must-include Units.

RT Chaos marines are great when they're part of an army with a full codex, and loads of options and miniatures. But if that was the only model available for your army?

I'm sure Adepta Sororitas players would largely agree with some form of attention or update :D

Morgrim
01-27-2015, 08:09 AM
It's a single model less than $10
Unless you're Australian, in which case double that. :P

40kGamer
01-27-2015, 08:37 AM

While a lot has improved, some of the 90's ranges are still superior to the modern versions. :)

Arkhan Land
02-12-2015, 12:11 PM

There's definetly some great winners in the older models. some of those sculptors really had a great bead on what they were doing in terms of dimensions and pose. For me one of my old favorite winners is the old old late 80s bloodletters, theres something sinister and almost sexual about them...

but altogether Im fairly happy with the three sisters squads i have, there is a little redundancy but think again about one of the most commonly seen current csm units, clutists, redundancy ahoy!

BlackTalos
03-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Hey all,

The 4th of march is coming up.
8am PST
10am CST
11am EST for the US
4pm GMT in the UK
5pm CET for most of Europe

Here is a current update:
- It seems numbers are looking very good on Social Media (mainly Facebook) and on multiple Warhammer Forums. This Includes international Forums (more than just US+UK).

- Most who have agreed to participate are now just waiting for the Date and a reminder on the day. Thanks to all, but your help is still needed: We need to spread this as far as we can. Not coercing those who are not interested, but making sure everyone has heard of it and is participating if they want to.

- GW has replied the following in response to an email: "If people wish to make a large order for a model at a certain time, the website/webstore will be able to handle it without issue."

DrBored
03-03-2015, 03:10 PM
I'm soooooo ready.

Gunna get myself a single Sisters model that I'll paint up all nice and add to the collection.

It's easy to be pessimistic about these sorts of efforts, but y'know what? One model isn't going to break the bank, and if enough people show their support, then it might just do something to a company as out-of-touch with their customer base as GW is.

Houghten
03-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Hell, I'd purchase the one model plus an Exorcist and a couple of Penitent Engines, because I needed an excuse, but at 4pm I'm at work, and blocked from the GW site because it has "games" in the title.

odinsgrandson
03-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Hell, I'd purchase the one model plus an Exorcist and a couple of Penitent Engines, because I needed an excuse, but at 4pm I'm at work, and blocked from the GW site because it has "games" in the title.

Ha. Well, purchases made around the same time will probably get counted.

If this is successful, GW will likely not admit that they're updating the sisters based on their sudden popularity, and the whole process of updating them will likely take at least a year. Yeah, a year before we see new sisters minis.

That said, the sisters could narrowly miss having a 20 year anniversary on their miniatures range.

Houghten
03-03-2015, 06:27 PM
GW site is currently down for maintenance. You don't suppose they're reinforcing it in anticipation of tomorrow?

Houghten
03-04-2015, 10:07 AM
I took a really late lunch so I could order it at 4pm anyway.

DrBored
03-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Got mine! Got a Blessed Banner model, since it looks really spiffy and fun to paint.

Lancel
03-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Melta 2 out of stock in UK, Flamer 2 out of stock in US. Not sure if they were already before this.

Houghten
03-04-2015, 10:35 AM
Edit: Never mind, I misread that.

Path Walker
03-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Ordered a Sister Hospitalier, been meaning to add one to my Inq 28 squad for a while because its a damn cool model and so today seemed apt.

odinsgrandson
03-05-2015, 09:15 AM
Alright. It is done.

Now we just kind of wait and wonder. There's really no way of telling if this has worked until there are announcements of new Sisters minis, and even then, it could easily take over a year if this was successful.

celeban
03-05-2015, 01:36 PM
I am late to the (re)register to the site and didn't know until right before - but since I was wanting some Sisters anyway - it was good timing! (I got 2 of the 3 since one of them was already out of stock.)

Just wanted you to know your post did not go unheeded. :)

celeban

From: www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/632419.page
So, i recall a similar pledge a few years back, but never got news as to outcomes.

The idea here is to get most players who collect Adepta Sororitas armies to purchase a single model in order to show our support for GW, and entice them to update their Battle Sisters range.
The plan is very simple, and will simply work on the spread in Social media and gaming groups.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/1/22/680952_sm-.jpg
If you own an Adepta Sororitas army, that model will surely find a home and be useful. Even fully equipped collectors of AS could make use of this 1 model, and would show support for the cause. I know you might be happy with the amount of models you have, but this is a message that you want more attention given to your Faction.

The next step is simply to spread this message as far and wide as you can, and make the purchase on the stated date.
As a bonus, you may also send the following email, or an amended version of your own, to the following address: [email protected] or [email protected] in conjunction with your order.

I do really want to emphasise on the fact that this petition will probably create some chaos for GW, but hopefully the spread of the campaign will provide them with warning, as i do not this to be a 'surprise', rather a evaluation of how many would support this cause.

Please spread the word, including translations and adaptations where necessary.

BlackTalos
03-09-2015, 05:56 AM
Thanks to all for the support!

A nice extra to the campaign would be to paint up the models you bought. And when you're done email the pictures (no matter what quality your painting!) to the white dwarf team: [email protected]

Quite a few groups are doing so already, so they will have a nice repository of pictures to show around =)