PDA

View Full Version : New Forge World Bulletin #44 - The Big Guns Never Tire

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-19-2015, 03:19 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/Blogs/BFN15HG6_GER47GG44A.jpg

Like, what actually IS this monster?
Anyone going to the weekender will find out!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/FORGE_WORLD_BULLETIN_44.html

Cutter
01-19-2015, 03:25 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/Blogs/BFN15HG6_GER47GG44A.jpg

Like, what actually IS this monster?
Anyone going to the weekender will find out!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/FORGE_WORLD_BULLETIN_44.html

Someone appears to have parked a lil tank on top of a big tank.

Mr Mystery
01-19-2015, 03:34 AM
That, would be a Solar Auxilia Stormhammer.

It's essentially dakka wrapped in dakka mounted on armour with a side helping of dakka, and a dakka smoothie with real chunks of dakka.

StraightSilver
01-19-2015, 03:34 AM
I'm guessing that's the Storm Hammer but it doesn't have enough guns, lol. :)

ninja'd by Mr Mystery. :) Didn't the original also have a double barreled turret?

CoffeeGrunt
01-19-2015, 03:39 AM
It's beautiful and I need it.

Mr Mystery
01-19-2015, 03:42 AM
I'm guessing that's the Storm Hammer but it doesn't have enough guns, lol. :)

ninja'd by Mr Mystery. :) Didn't the original also have a double barreled turret?

Yup!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OCLQQfuMc04/VJUafHo1heI/AAAAAAAAldQ/iy1W7LMVdgw/s1600/StormHammer.jpg

StraightSilver
01-19-2015, 03:51 AM
That's what I thought. :)

As long as it still has approximately 240 heavy bolters on each side I can live without it... ;)

CoffeeGrunt
01-19-2015, 03:56 AM
What is that top gun anyway? Vanquisher Battle Cannon? I'm liking the Co-axial Multi-laser, though.

The detail work on the chassis is beautiful though. Would make a great companion to my Macharius Vulkan...

Mr Mystery
01-19-2015, 03:59 AM
Stormhammer Cannon, Twin Battlecannon, and on the flanks about abajillion Heavy Bolters, which can be upgraded.

Will explain moar when I get home and got HH Vol IV open. But yes. This is a beast.

Psychosplodge
01-19-2015, 04:01 AM
It's like the Orks designed a guard tank....Needs more dakka...

CoffeeGrunt
01-19-2015, 04:05 AM
Stormhammer Cannon, Twin Battlecannon, and on the flanks about abajillion Heavy Bolters, which can be upgraded.

Will explain moar when I get home and got HH Vol IV open. But yes. This is a beast.

Sorry, was referring to the Forge World pic in the OP.

Houghten
01-19-2015, 04:15 AM
So was he. That top turret is a Stormhammer Cannon (60", S9, AP2, Primary Weapon, 7" blast, Shred, Pinning) with co-axial multi-laser.

It's far too short to be a Vanquisher Battle Cannon.

CoffeeGrunt
01-19-2015, 04:20 AM
That statline makes me happy.

Mr Mystery
01-19-2015, 07:22 AM
That statline makes me happy.

You should see the rest of the dakka. Seriously, this is pretty much designed to park amongst a Green Tide and blaze away to your heart's content!

StraightSilver
01-19-2015, 07:48 AM
Yep, it is positively bristling with guns. :)

If I'm not mistaken the Storm Hammer was supposed to be used for urban pacification / street fighting which is why it has so many side facing Heavy Bolters on it. However I find that idea hilarious, it must bull doze it's way through buildings, or Imperial streets are very, very wide. :)

Kirsten
01-19-2015, 08:42 AM
it basically went:
"Lord, I have made this new tank, I call it, the Baneblade. what do you think?"
"hmmmmmmm"
"you don't like it?"
"no no, it is fine, great, really. it is just... I imagined it would have more guns..."
"more guns?"
"yes, I think so. definitely."
"well, I suppose I can give it a go..."

Dlatrex
01-19-2015, 08:52 AM
it basically went:
"Lord, I have made this new tank, I call it, the Baneblade. what do you think?"
"hmmmmmmm"
"you don't like it?"
"no no, it is fine, great, really. it is just... I imagined it would have more guns..."
"more guns?"
"yes, I think so. definitely."
"well, I suppose I can give it a go..."

:D

Guess I'll have to update the graphic on the Superheavy naming matrix (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?42068-Superheavy-Tank-ID-Chart-Naming-Tool) =P

FireHazard
01-19-2015, 09:20 AM
It's been my favourite superheavy since I got into the hobby back when... well, it was a LONG time ago. I've begged and bothered Forgeworld for YEARS to have this made. I remain firm in the belief that they have made this just to shut me up.

And to drain me of every penny I earn....

Kirsten
01-19-2015, 11:50 AM
:D

Guess I'll have to update the graphic on the Superheavy naming matrix (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?42068-Superheavy-Tank-ID-Chart-Naming-Tool) =P

that matrix just makes me want to invent more variants to fill the gaps. next project might have to be a doomlord. or a shadowhammer.

Mr Mystery
01-19-2015, 01:33 PM
One turret mounted Stormhammer Cannon
One co-axial mounted multi-laser
Six sponson mounted multi-lasers
One hull mounted dual Battlecannon
One hull mounted lascannon.

The multi-lasers can be upgraded to Heavy Flamers, Heavy Bolters or Lascannons. And as the Lascannons come at a 'per swap' cost, you can mix and match the dakka!

Can also have a pintle mounted Heavy Flamer or Multi-laser. And up to 4(!) Hunter Killer Missiles....

IT OWNS ALL THE PEWS!

CoffeeGrunt
01-19-2015, 02:17 PM
If only HKMs weren't bad. Where are you getting these rules from, by the way?

I want this thing to be bristling with Multi-Lasers, so that I can drown people in mediocre, Oversized Lasgun Fire.

mordecai
01-19-2015, 02:40 PM
Who in their right mind would upgrade a multilaser to anything other than a lascannon?

Houghten
01-19-2015, 02:45 PM
Someone expecting to face a lot of 4+ troops?

If only HKMs weren't bad.
I must have been playing too much Firefall, because I completely misinterpreted that on the first go.

Where are you getting these rules from, by the way?
The Horus Heresy, Book IV, Conquest

I want this thing to be bristling with Multi-Lasers, so that I can drown people in mediocre, Oversized Lasgun Fire.
It has seven, that's a reasonable compromise.

Mr Mystery
01-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Who in their right mind would upgrade a multilaser to anything other than a lascannon?

You can row yourself across the board with flamer templates :)

- - - Updated - - -

If only HKMs weren't bad. Where are you getting these rules from, by the way?

Horus Heresy Vol IV - Conquest.

It's not too expensive either, if you ask me. All the 5's!

Dlatrex
01-20-2015, 12:06 PM
that matrix just makes me want to invent more variants to fill the gaps. next project might have to be a doomlord. or a shadowhammer.

Ahh, but would a Doomlord run a Vulcan Bolter as well?

Shadowhammer is think is the name most in need of a tank.

Chris*ta
01-22-2015, 12:33 AM
I'm sad. Not nearly enough guns, let alone turrets. The epic Stormhammer had two turrets with two cannons each.

This has one turret with one gun, and then two more mounted in the hull.

Try again please FW :(

Houghten
01-22-2015, 02:03 AM
It does have two guns on that top turret... just one of them's a multi-laser.