PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

The One You Know
02-13-2010, 07:03 PM
I've been lurking around as a guest reading articles on this site for a while now and thought I should probably join seeing as I am getting back into modeling again!

I've been collecting a diy chapter of Space Marines for the last year or so. Progress has been slow but I am nearly able to scratch together 1500 points worth.

I will share some of my projects sometime soon, but for now I just wanted to say hello. :D

Just_Me
02-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Welcome! Marines sometimes take a lot of flak for being "unimaginative," but they're great for modeling and army building, and designing your own chapter is a lot of fun.

Bigred
02-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Welcome to the Lounge, and by all means feel free to share your modeling progress with us in the painting forums.

-bigred

david5th
02-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Welcome to the forum The One You Know.

The One You Know
02-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah I know, marines are the fanboy choice, but they are still awesome! :D
It's what got me into the hobby back when Rogue Trader was just out, still have the original marines around somewhere too. I wanted to create my own chapter to avoid the monotony of bog standard codex marines, but I've collected Tau, Imperial Guard, Eldar, Squats(?!?!), and a few hotch potch chaos and tyranid models along the way, though in all honesty this will be my first completely painted army as those have always been the occasional model or unfinished projects (I'm sure we have all done it lol).

Thanks for the kind welcome in, I have been working on my dreadnought and a chaplain which I will share with you all very soon. I am just basing them at the moment. :)

MarshalAdamar
02-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Those that do not appreciate the Emperors finest are just jealous because we won't let them touch our shiny power armor. :)

person person
02-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Lol, well said.

Welcome to the community The One You Know!