PDA

View Full Version : Lost

MarneusCalgar
02-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Anyone is following this TV show??

Now in USA and here in Spain we are seeing the 6th and last season... Itīs incredible!!

Bigred
02-16-2010, 12:22 AM
If they end the show in the asylum and its all in Hurley's head, JJ Abrams is dead to me...

MarneusCalgar
02-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Well Bigred, that happened here, in Spain, with 1 TV Show called "Los Serrano" already 2 years ago. It was a humor series where a divorced father with 3 sons married a divorced mother with 2 daughters, each one of them as old as the elder sons of the father. In the show, season after season, the older brothers and the sisters became also lovers and the mother died.

So well, the script writers decided to also "kill" the father and when he "wokes up" after commiting suicide... Hey boy, it was a nightmare!! So 6 seasons after the show ends as it began: the wedding night of the first chapter... 2 hours after, the father is on bed and his new wife calms him because of the nightmare. It sucked a lot!!

Can you imagine??

Hope they donīt do something like that on LOST

AsgeirArnald
02-17-2010, 02:02 PM
If they end the show in the asylum and its all in Hurley's head, JJ Abrams is dead to me...

I'll second that...

Lord Azaghul
02-22-2010, 07:59 AM

After the new star trek movie jj abrams is pretty close to that already (blowing up vulcan...I'm still bothered by that)

But I'm still a lost addict, I am annoyed that it was moved to tuesday night as that is my local gaming night, and I don't own a dvr.

MarneusCalgar
02-22-2010, 08:28 AM
You can see it in streaming or download it from the net on Wednesday, donīt you???

Madness
02-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Only one thing can be said about it. TheOnion says it right: http://www.theonion.com/content/video/final_season_of_lost_promises_to

ColCorbane
02-22-2010, 09:02 AM
I was a dedicated follower all through the first season. I spent ages trying to figure what was going on, then I read that all the actors had signed on for 7 seasons and thought they're just spend 7 seasons confusing the feck out of us and then leave us dangling.

Haven't even opened the second season boxset on my bookshelf.

Lord Azaghul
02-22-2010, 09:09 AM
I starting watching the show last winter. My wife and I checked out the dvds from our local library. I was pretty hooks, and being able to watch it on dvd is definately the way to go. If I had to watch season 2 on a tv schedule I would have quite the show a long time ago (-hated anna lucia...)
The start of last season was also a bit annoying, it felt like they just walked in circles for half the season, fearful of moving the story forward...but it picked up in the 2nd half, and now I'm pretty much watching for the conclusion.

MarneusCalgar
03-11-2010, 05:29 AM
WOW!!

Did anyone see the last chapter, Dr Linus? Was REALLY AWESOME!!

Canīt wait for the war between bands to start!!

Lord Azaghul
03-11-2010, 07:24 AM
WOW!!

I've always liked the bad guys in JJ abrams shows, Arvin Sloan, and Ben Linus are too of my favorate bad guys (probably 'cause If I was every a bad guy it be more like them) - I was pleased to see that Ben become a history prof! HA - just awesome

MarneusCalgar
03-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Ans speaking about Napoleon, a good taste to his own history on the island.

bonswizzle
03-16-2010, 03:23 PM
WOW!!

It was probably one of my favourite episodes, I like how it shows you that Ben isn't really all that evil, his talk of Napoleon to his students at the beginning something like when your power is taken away from you, you may as well be dead.

I can't wait to see what sides the Losties are going to be on, especially Sawyer, he might flip. I think we can assume which side Sayid and Claire are on too... Crazy stuff.

Love it!

MarneusCalgar
03-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Letīs wait that today Episode, Recon, a Sawyer centric one, shows up what the hell is on with our hailed Ford...

MarneusCalgar
03-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Did anyone see Recon??

Next week is Richardīs past centric episode, Ab Aeterno...

Lord Azaghul
03-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Did anyone see Recon??

Next week is Richardīs past centric episode, Ab Aeterno...

It was an Ok, eposide - I was kind of hoping kate would be randomly killed. Richard's the one I've really been waiting to see. I hope I'm not disapointed!

MarneusCalgar
03-24-2010, 03:05 AM
Oh man, what a incredible episode has been Ab Aeterno!!!

But there is a BIG EPIC FAIL on it... Richard and Isabella are supposed to be spaniards like me, from the Canary Islands... But they donīt speak spanish, I mean the Spainīs spanish, they speak South American one!!

Well, I know the actors (like Nestor Carbonell) are from South America like Jorge García, and thatīs the reason they speak the three the same manner and with the same accent but... It remains a fail!!

And Tenerife is a desertic volcanic island, not a green junglish one, even in 1867, hehe, just tell you the spanish biggest mountain is the Teide volcano, that is on Tenerife, so...

Lord Azaghul
03-24-2010, 06:42 AM
That was one of the best episodes ever. It didn't really adavnace the story much! But it did answer quite a few questions.
My wife is starting to think that the island is peragatory!

On the spanish thing: it happens. Since I am ignorant American I remained wonderously oblivious, and I very much enjoyed the episode - however I did wonder briefly which 'spanish' they were speaking

MarneusCalgar
03-24-2010, 02:05 PM
To tell you, for example for me, when I watch Bigred videos, I note heīs american because his english is less saxon and more speedy, british english is more slow for a non english listener.

So same in Spanish: Nestorīs one is from South America, if you come to Spain, even to Andalucia or the Canary Islands, you should note our spanish is not even the same

MarneusCalgar
03-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Did anyone see last night one??

Hehehe, Mikhail returned!! And glorious scene the vs between Widmore and MIB

Lord Azaghul
04-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Yeah, but I want to know why desmond is so important.

I was really hoping that it was walt but they still haven't answered that question.

MarneusCalgar
04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah, but I want to know why desmond is so important.

I was really hoping that it was walt but they still haven't answered that question.

Remember we were said by Dan Faraday that rules arenīt applied to Des in any case... Jacob and AntiJacob rules??

Lord Azaghul
04-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Remember we were said by Dan Faraday that rules arenīt applied to Des in any case... Jacob and AntiJacob rules??

Yeah my wife and I were talking about that, 'cause Des wasn't bother too much by jumping through time and what not...I think this next episode does focus on him, and IF he's do importaint I wonder if he's jumping into the sideways as well?

Colonel Pryde
04-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I watched the series for the first few seasons, but lost any real intrest in the show after that. I think that either the writters are to themselves lost or they are just pulling your chain. I live in Hawaii and commonly see those trailers parked up at beaches, most of the beach scenes are filmed up at the northern area of Oahu, at Mokule'ia beach. A friend of mine that has connections into the filming of this show told me the ending, not sure if I can trust him though, it seems rather well... don't want to possibly spoil it.

MarneusCalgar
04-02-2010, 03:51 AM
Well, for me this is like in Dragon Ball manga... Toriyama, the author, didnīt want to extend beyond Freezer and the Super Saiyajin saga, but the Toei studios "forced" him to continue into Cellīs saga...

With LOST is similar: they didnīt know how long the series was gonna be, so they needed to force an end, but I agree, most things now seem to be not on the original script...

And for Desmond, I think heīs someoneīs son, maybe Jacobīs one? That should explain the lack of rules...

MarneusCalgar
04-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Oh God, episode of this night, 6x11, has been REALLY GREAT!! As all of Desmondīs centric had been before...

Our "brotha" is AWESOME. And now we now more deeply the concerning about ORIGINAL and ALT Timelines!!!

Lord Azaghul
04-07-2010, 06:41 AM
I'm not sure what I think of last nights episode. It starting to sound like the sideways flashs aren't real, or at least aren't 'right', but somehow they seem to effect the island events. As long as it doesn't turn into a 'we have to blow up the side ways world to get back to the island' but I don't really think it'll head that way, but I do think the two realms are connected.

MarneusCalgar
04-08-2010, 06:46 AM
I'm not sure what I think of last nights episode. It starting to sound like the sideways flashs aren't real, or at least aren't 'right', but somehow they seem to effect the island events. As long as it doesn't turn into a 'we have to blow up the side ways world to get back to the island' but I don't really think it'll head that way, but I do think the two realms are connected.

Yeah, I agree. Seems the "ALT" timeline will have a big "butterfly" effect on our characters in the Island and vice versa (now the effect our Island losties did to their counterparts in the ALT we saw with Charlie, for example.

About Charlie, maybe his suicidal tendencies are happening because he somehow feels heīs dead on the other reality?

Lord Azaghul
04-08-2010, 07:00 AM
About Charlie, maybe his suicidal tendencies are happening because he somehow feels heīs dead on the other reality?

It seems both charlies and faraday know that the world that live in isn't quite right, which I'm sure will influnence their behavior in the side ways.

MarneusCalgar
04-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes, Azaghul, I also think so!!!

MarneusCalgar
04-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Oh my god, last episode, Everybody loves Hugo, was still more AWESOME than Happily Ever After!!

And this next episode, 6x13, will be the last until the final episodes in May... Week of April 27th wonīt be any episode

Lord Azaghul
04-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Still wrapping my head around it.

Elana was hilarious, I kind of wanted to see that little clip a couple of times!

I'm really liking how desmond is coming across right now, calm, cool, moving with a purpose!

MarneusCalgar
04-14-2010, 04:19 PM
And being the constant of ALL the losties on the ALT...

Bigred
04-14-2010, 09:41 PM
In the last episode there better be a frakkin Walt, riding a UFO, being pulled by Polar Bears, willing stuff to die... or like half of season one's ominous closeups were for nothing...

Am I the only one who even remembers all that stuff about Walt's background and mom...

Lord Azaghul
04-15-2010, 06:44 AM
In the last episode there better be a frakkin Walt, riding a UFO, being pulled by Polar Bears, willing stuff to die... or like half of season one's ominous closeups were for nothing...

Am I the only one who even remembers all that stuff about Walt's background and mom...

Nope! My wife and I talk about that at the end of every episode. I'm gonna be ticked if they don't wrap up everything, and I mean everything - what about clare's child - why is he so important?! and I'm going to be more unhappy if everybody from Oceanic flight lands safe and sound in LA...as if it never even happened!

MarneusCalgar
04-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Sure Walt will return but the problem is Malcom David Kelley seems to be like Dwight Howard now hehehehe

MarneusCalgar
04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
WOW!!

Last episode was AWESOME, once again...

Hope Desmond finds Jack and helps him on the Island...

Lord Azaghul
04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
I was actually kind of disapointed last night. I'm waiting for them 'to start dropping like flies' as promised in the season promos. I was really hoping that 'freckles' was going to get shot. Not that I'm all blood and gore, I just left like virtually nothing has been happening in the last couple of eposides. I think they just need to cut the commercials and play a straight hour of new info. The last few epidsodes have felt very 'wrap up' without really advancing the story.

MarneusCalgar
04-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah, seems the last 3 are going to be the best, but before they must "enlarge" the plot in somehow kind of manner...

Lord Azaghul
05-05-2010, 06:45 AM
Alright without throwing in spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet: All I got to say is WOW and its about freaking time.

I'm not neccicarily happy with the choices that were made in killing off characters, but I'm perfectly ok with how they died. My wife wasn't happy about the couple that died, but I prefered the idea of them dying together rather then one of them living after they'd been apart for so long...Very good episode. I was kind of hoping the one who got shot would die too though! What a blood bath!

Also I learned this morning that they finally has been extended from 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours.

MarneusCalgar
05-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Alright without throwing in spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet: All I got to say is WOW and its about freaking time.

I'm not neccicarily happy with the choices that were made in killing off characters, but I'm perfectly ok with how they died. My wife wasn't happy about the couple that died, but I prefered the idea of them dying together rather then one of them living after they'd been apart for so long...Very good episode. I was kind of hoping the one who got shot would die too though! What a blood bath!

Also I learned this morning that they finally has been extended from 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours.

Hehehehe Iīm still shocked too...

And this week we will have the (ending?) for the islandīs myths: the birth of Jacob and MIB as brothers, how MIB came to be a smoke monster, how their enemy trial begun...

And then only about 3 hours to finish!! What will happen with Jack? I think he will become in an angry Tony Jaaīs mode: if you anger Tony Jaa... Be prepared, hehehe.

Remember Jack promised Sun to get her off the island and now he wonīt be able to do.

PD: SPOILER AHEAD!!!

In Dark UFO they say weīll see Frank Lapidus alive and wet on the Island...

Bigred
05-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Here's my problem with the show. It has always been about takings things sloooooooooooow. Like remember when they spent an ENTIRE episode going down the ladder when the hatch was opened...

Now that the finale is coming, the writers can't seem to work up any energy, tension or action. Things happen, but it all feels emotionally dead with no real connection to the viewer. I see stuff moving on screen but there is no life in it like there was in season 1. Maybe its that I just feel cheated as a viewer each time a major character who you've gotten invested in with hours of backstory episodes gets offed for no real reason, and with a death that serves no real purpose. Like with Libby for example....

Maybe its that I'm sick of the interesting characters (Mr Echo, Anna-Lucia, Michael, Sayid, Locke, Jin) getting killed while the dull boring ones (Jack/Kate) get to live. A few episodes ago it hit me that the show has virtually zero levity in it whatsoever, and that becomes insufferable hour after hour. Thank God Hurley, Sawyer and Miles are still around to help out in that department.

Also, thank goodness Juliet got a new TV show and had to be killed. Worst actress ever... Note to future actresses, botox kills your ability to move your eyebrows, which come in handy for...acting.

-bitter bigred

Lord Azaghul
05-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Maybe its that I'm sick of the interesting characters (Mr Echo, Anna-Lucia, Michael, Sayid, Locke, Jin) getting killed while the dull boring ones (Jack/Kate) get to live. A few episodes ago it hit me that the show has virtually zero levity in it whatsoever, and that becomes insufferable hour after hour. Thank God Hurley, Sawyer and Miles are still around to help out in that department.

-bitter bigred

I have been wanting Kate to die for about 3 seaons now. She's been unneccesary for a very long time.
Jack is finally interesting again, he wasn't for about 3 seaons.

Mr Echo! Yeah that man was awesome.

The show has been dragging, but I think its mainly due to 'commercial interuption' If I could sit down and watch 2 hour blocks, no commercials, then the show is so much more dynamic. When I first got into the show it was when syfy was showing 4 hour blocks of the show, from the beginning. Then I went to DVD and that show was even better, without having to waste 20+ min every hour. It also help move through the 'insufferable' parts, if I had to watch Ana Lucia is in real season time I would have quit the show in season 2.

This season has been very, very slow. With almost next to nothing happening. I'm just ready for the show to be over, but I have a feeling I'm gonna be disapoints: like if they all land in LAX, and it never happened; I will hate JJ Abrams forever.

MarneusCalgar
05-10-2010, 07:51 AM
I have been wanting Kate to die for about 3 seaons now. She's been unneccesary for a very long time.
Jack is finally interesting again, he wasn't for about 3 seaons.

Mr Echo! Yeah that man was awesome.

The show has been dragging, but I think its mainly due to 'commercial interuption' If I could sit down and watch 2 hour blocks, no commercials, then the show is so much more dynamic. When I first got into the show it was when syfy was showing 4 hour blocks of the show, from the beginning. Then I went to DVD and that show was even better, without having to waste 20+ min every hour. It also help move through the 'insufferable' parts, if I had to watch Ana Lucia is in real season time I would have quit the show in season 2.

This season has been very, very slow. With almost next to nothing happening. I'm just ready for the show to be over, but I have a feeling I'm gonna be disapoints: like if they all land in LAX, and it never happened; I will hate JJ Abrams forever.

Yeah, I agree, but... Just remember 1st season: I donīt know if intentionally or not, this one, the 6th, is almost equal in rythm to the 1st, going to the point that they will show the Pilot episode before the Finale... A clue??

MarneusCalgar
05-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Hey men, did you see last nightīs episode??

Was really amazing!!

Hell yeah!!

We saw the origin of the FDW, Jacob and MIBīs birth... Wow, too many answers!!

And now we have 2 brand new sneak peeks for 6x16!! Next week remember:

- Tuesday weīll see 6x16

- Sunday weīll se the almost 3 hour finale!!

Lord Azaghul
05-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Hey men, did you see last nightīs episode??

We saw the origin of the FDW, Jacob and MIBīs birth... Wow, too many answers!!

!!

I felt it was too little answers and too much down time. It also raised several new questions.
Who was their crazy mother?
Why did she know about the light?
Why is Jacob a sucker?
Why didn't Jacob want to know the truth?
Why is she claiming the 'others' are bad?
Why did she go nuts and kill everybody?
Why can't the man in black kill jacob?
We still don't know why the wine is so important?
Why didn't the name the man in black?

I thought that whole episode could/should have been 15min, max.

I don't like these 1 hour flashback that seems to have become common place this season, get back to the story, move things forward! 5-10 min of flashback, then move forward, keep the actions together, show the connections.

But I'm locking in for the finally, at this points I just have to know And its driving me crazy that they story isn't moving foward.

I am however growning critial and impatient!

I'm guessing this is just the end result of a story that wasn't planned out in the early stages, I feel like there as been far to much back tracking to make things make sense.

MarneusCalgar
05-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, I guess that too.

The problem I feel we all, fans of LOST, have, is that weīve grown 6 years with the show and feel it also of our own...

Hope this 3 caps are good

Lord Azaghul
05-19-2010, 06:45 AM
Ok, that was the best episode this season. Fantastic, well paced, finally some results, and some vengence!
I'm looking forward to the finally now!

MarneusCalgar
05-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Ok, that was the best episode this season. Fantastic, well paced, finally some results, and some vengence!
I'm looking forward to the finally now!

Yeah, from the final words of MIB/Antijacob/Unnamed brother now we can think that he wants to destroy the island by exposing Desmond to the Light Cave... Because heīs inmune to EM...

The "paralel" reality gets interesting day by day... Seems ALL LOSTIES will be on Davidīs concert!!

Good, only 2 and a half hours right to the end! And this sunday, so we wonīt have to wait so much

The Girl
05-23-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm too lazy to see if this has been posted before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iggE4ImYwyc

Colonel Pryde
05-24-2010, 02:11 AM
I posted about a month ago that a friend of mine told me what the end truly was. The finale has confirmed his rumor. If you did not get the end, it's as simple as this:

They all died in the initial plane crash.

I, myself am very dissapointed that my friend was true. A pointless tale in my opinion.
Colonel Pryde

Bigred
05-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Dear Lord!!!

So let me get this straight, The Island is the home of the light of creation, everyone may or may not have died in the initial crash, and the show may or may not have had a reboot ending, but the writing staff is too cowardly to take a position one way or the other.

The presence of God was used heavily handedly in the last episode by writers pandering to the least common denominator. Also, apparently in JJ Abrams world, black people dont get to "move on" to heaven. Where exactly were Michael, Walt and Mr Eco? Libby who did nothing got to get in there, yet major characters who were on the show for 3 years got nothing?!?!

Still it was touching to see Sayid and Shannon reunite. Something about thier romance always rang "truer" than several of the other egotist pairing on the show.

Yes I know its network TV, and this isn't about the finale's concepts in general, but purely the ham-handed execution.

See the last few episodes and finale for Battlestar Galactica for a much more nuanced and open minded treatment of the hand of God at work behind the scenes.

BuFFo
05-24-2010, 12:03 PM
I am glad I have never watched a single episode of this horrible show.

6 years of random crap going on, without any real reason at all, only to have the entire story be a 'dream'.

I loved hearing people talk about each epsiode for many years in depth, about this, that, why this, who is that, onlyto find out nothing ever mattered. Everyone is dead anyway, so who cares?

This ranks up with the other two shows I never bothered to watch, Seinfeld and Sopranos. Two shows, which oddly enough had horrible finales. One that was just a flashback episode and another with no ending.

My friends at my local store have been badgering me about Lost for months, and I am so happy to see them pissed. This was alsmot as bad as watching a movie, only to have the hero wake up, showing the viewer the whole movie was a dream, and none of it mattered.

Then again, my all time favorite show is Married with Children, so that goes to show you how bad my taste in shows really is LOL :p :p

Now, I will put up arms and get ready for rocks, chairs and spit coming me way!

Lord Azaghul
05-25-2010, 07:13 AM
I was generally ok (satisfied) with the ending, and overall the show was good. This season was weak/slow buidling up to the ending, and the ending was VERY vague, but then so was the entire show, I don't think it was intentional in the beginning but it was in the end. The side was flash wasn't really 'heaven' it was simply a place were they could all meet up and 'move on' together. A pleasant thought.

I don't think that they all died in the first plane crash. Christain Shepard stated that the side ways flash was outside of time, so not everyone died at the same time, even if they arrived at the same time.
I don't think race was an issue in the whole thing (or at all), Walt wasn't in the show because apperently he's like 6' tall now.
I do however with they would have address why he was soo special.
Bernard and Rose, choose NOT to be involved.

It was an entertaining show, I do wish the writers has a bit more focus in seasons 3-4 & 6. but still worth watching, one of the better fiction shows on television in a good while. I do think I may rent and rewatch the whole thing this next winter.

And Buffo: go figure, but then again I NEVER liked Married with Children! :D

energongoodie
05-26-2010, 02:37 AM
Every second, every minute and every hour I spent watching that show was rendered pointless by that lazy, stupid, useless last episode.
We got no answers, just more questions. I am completely unsatisfied.
Why do writers and producers consistently fail to come up with a good ending to long running series?
Idiots.

MarneusCalgar
06-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Well, after a week I saw again the ending and...

I still like it.

Well, NO ONE did die on the plane crash, no Lostie one I mean... The have been dying as we saw, and in the end, after Jack, will die the people in the Ajira 316 flying back by old, and Hurley, Rose, Bernard, and Ben on Island...

Then, when they die, they just go to a Purgatory-like state where they live again their lives but it ends when Oceanic 815 doesnīt crash and Christian reappears... Jack evolves and assumes his fails, so they can all leave together at Eloiseīs church

bonswizzle
06-10-2010, 04:20 AM
I posted about a month ago that a friend of mine told me what the end truly was. The finale has confirmed his rumor. If you did not get the end, it's as simple as this:

They all died in the initial plane crash.

No, they didn't. Did you watch the finale?

I thought it was perfect, I know there are still lots of questions, but that can be said for lots of films/shows and it still doesn't make them any more enjoyable... The people who are moaning probably watched every episode up to the last one and loved every second, it seems like a shame to just sack off the entire show because not every tiny little mystery was concluded. It was pretty obvious that was going to be the case from the start if you ask me.
Just my 2p.

Cyberscape7
07-24-2010, 07:55 AM
The day they showed the last episode (at a rediculous time!) was an exam day for my year. Lots of people in my year LOVE Lost(I am not one of them(thankfully)). I wonder how they did in Maths?