PDA

View Full Version : Of joining the Chaos Hoard.

Renegade
02-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Unless Chaos Dwarfs make a come back, I was thinking of making a WoC slaanesh army based around Wolfrick and a LoS.

How well do these guys work as a combo?

Whats best to flesh out the rest of the army? (local area runs at 2K points)

Are they over done as a combo?

I would like to remain as slaaneshi as possible, as the Dark Prince is my favourite Chaos dog.

elrodogg
02-13-2010, 10:32 AM
The basic of WoC lists are 3 units of marauder horse and 3 units of chaos knights. Go from there.

Renegade
02-14-2010, 09:20 AM
The basic of WoC lists are 3 units of marauder horse and 3 units of chaos knights. Go from there.

Thats not really what I was asking.

Waltz
02-14-2010, 10:42 AM
I am currently doing a Slaneshie (sp?) army, the imunity to terro, fear and panic is quite nice and very cheap.

The booby worms are fun as well 20" charges catch ppl off guard.

I haven't used any of the special chars int he chaos army, on the whole I think they are a bit weak.

The other problem with slanesh is a lot of the spells are based on moral and won't affect the likes of undead or deamons so the lore is a bit of a write off.

elrodogg
02-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Sorry jumped to the flesh out the list part...

Well first you can use the IndyGT chaos dwarf list. It's considered legal for tournament use in many places. While GW may have relegated it to the past, this unofficial fan-made list is excellent, playtested and written by someone (Kevin Coleman of Gnoblar Army List fame) who wrote several fan pieces published in WD and other GW publications. You can get it here: http://issuu.com/chaosdwarfs/docs/gtadow

As for Lore of Slaanesh and Wolfrik... it isn't a combo I would count on. First you have to get that spell. Second, lore of slaanesh is best on a level 2, where you don't mind using only the default spell for the caster.

As for Wolfrik... i am not a fan. Many tournies don't allow special characters, those that do grade their comp harshly, and even then he's only leading a unit of marauders which I find only work as a bunker unit behind more effective chaos warriors, or in a banner of the gods style army Wolfrik doesn't lend himself to.

If you are going to do a marauder based list... make sure you take a banner of the gods bsb and about 6 units of 10 marauders with great weapons and mark of slaanesh (warriors are even better).

Renegade
02-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Cheers, but I already have the Chaos Dwarf rules. Unfortunately though, they are not always allowed in GW tourneys in the UK (or so I've been told by my local GW and the tourney players there)

Any sorc is going to left at the back on a chariot and low level, a dispell scroll buggy. Never been fond of magic.
I was thinking og going in with a tanked up lord of doom going up the centre and wolfrik to take the flank (thought it was a rule that he could come on the enemy flank with a unit of maunders.) I guess this is another one of those "rules looking good but not that good in pratice" type things.

Back to the thinking tank.

Cheers for the replies.