PDA

View Full Version : Kroot Hunting Party, counts as Dark Eldar, 1500, first ever DE list!

Binary77
01-07-2015, 10:14 AM
List choices........so many decisions

Now, I always have to theme my armies, using either converted models (eldar exodites using Codex:Eldar, converted fantasy troops for IG) or counts as to do something different.
So when it came to choosing my next army I was flicking through a load of the oooold GW publications for inspiration when I came across the Kroot Mercenary list.
Since this is obviously not a useable list I thought to myself "what codex would best represent a Kroot hunting party?" Dark Eldar.
Reavers as mounted Kroot, Scourges as Vulture kindred, upright Krootox as Grotesques, Raiders as transport skiffs, Venoms as hunting skiffs....

But

Since this is the first Dark Eldar list I've written, I've got it down to 2 variations and I'd like feedback on them.

HQ - Succubus, archite glaive, armour of misery (110)
Elite- 4 grotesques, 2x liquifier gun, raider with night shield (240)
Troop-10 warriors, splinter cannon, raider with night shield and splinter rack (180)
Troop-10 warriors, splinter cannon, raider with night shield and splinter rack (180)
Troop-5 warriors, blaster, venom with 2nd splinter cannon (120)
FA- 6 Reavers, 2 heat lances, 2 cluster caltrops (146)
FA- 5 scourges, 4 haywire blaster (120)
HS- Ravager with 3 dark lances (140)

Total 1496

HQ - Succubus, archite glaive, armour of misery (110)
Elite- 4 incubi, venom with twin linked splinter rifle (135)
FA- 5 Reavers, 2 heat lances, 2 cluster caltrops (130)

Any thoughts?

Binary

ShadowcatX
01-07-2015, 11:02 AM
I think the first list is better than the second though I think they're both heavy on the troops choices. I'd probably drop a haemy, drop both liquifier guns, drop the armor of misery, heat lances and a raider with its warriors to get another unit of scourges, and maybe a second unit of reavers or something.

Dave Mcturk
01-09-2015, 04:13 PM
ravagers are a kind of problem in 7th - being very lightly armoured they are forced to jink almost immediately and are then snap shooting for the entire game !

equally scourges are very brittle - the haywire blasters seem like a good idea - but are rarely terribly effective.

since you are basically proxying with kroot - can you justify using more venoms ? , with 12 anti-infantry shots at 36" and a unit inside for some level of anti-tank i think they are a better bet.