PDA

View Full Version : Games Day 2010 Activities List

Brass Scorpion
02-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Games Day list of activities now showing at this link (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=5800004a). I already have my tickets and I'm planning to assist painting some of the models to be used there this year for one of the nicest, most talented creative staff members in the US. From speaking with employees at the HQ, the one about to move, they know last year's show was a downer and I've been reassured this year's show will be more like better past shows with a better budget and better atmosphere. Either way, vehicle conversion contest and Armies On Parade, here I come.

A list of the Games Day activities are listed below. Details of each one will be added to the site in the coming months.

- Elaborate Display Boards
- Figure Paint and Take
- Scenery Build and Take
- Challenge Tables - Bring your army/models (details coming soon)
- Club Table Zone
- Carnival of Chaos
- City Fight Table and Terrain - Group Painting Raffle
- 40K Big Game
- Warhammer Big Game
- War of the Ring Big Game
- Speed Painting
- Space Hulk Big Game
- 40K Scale Aeronautica Big Game
- Tank War Big Game
- Full Size Artillery Range

- Golden Demon Painting Competition
- Speed Demon Painting Contest - Paint a model on the day
- Art Contest - Bring art in or create something on the day
- Costume Contest
- Banner Contest - Create and bring a life-size banner
- Conversion Contest - Convert on the day
- Armies on Parade Competition - Enter your army (registration coming soon)
- Realm of Battleboard Competition - Enter one 2'x2' section of the Battleboard (registration coming soon)
- Vehicle Conversion Competition - Enter your 40K Vehicle (registration coming soon)
- Citadel Terrain Competition - Fantasy or 40K Buildings (registration coming soon)

AND MORE TO COME!

Fabricator General
02-24-2010, 02:44 PM
I've been attending Games Day Baltimore since 1994 and this is the first year I'm debating whether I'm attending or not. We'll see.

Kesher
02-24-2010, 02:46 PM
I would hope the budget is higher cause i mean there are several less this year. Ill still go just cause I <3 warhammer.

HsojVvad
02-24-2010, 08:03 PM
I've been attending Games Day Baltimore since 1994 and this is the first year I'm debating whether I'm attending or not. We'll see.

Well it could very well be the last one now, if they are going to keep all the Games Day in Memphis. So who knows, maybe you should go for one last time. :confused:

Papa Nurgle
05-29-2010, 06:25 PM
My club will be in attendance with our event, Rok em Sok em Dreadnaughts!!!!!

HsojVvad
05-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah this looks like the last time for Baltimore. Just like everyone else, Memphis might be the only place for GD next year. So unless you plan on goinng to Memphis this might be your last one going too.

Melissia
05-30-2010, 04:32 PM
More interested in what codex they may or may not be announcing.

HsojVvad
05-30-2010, 07:15 PM
More interested in what codex they may or may not be announcing.

If they announce anything that is. Remember alot of GD events and no news was announced either. The one that mind boggled me was, I forget the event but the event was on Sunday, and then on Monday they announced Space Hulk. You would think that would have been an GD annuoncment even though most people knew about it.

So I woudn't be surprised if no announcement was made at GD.

Brass Scorpion
05-30-2010, 07:46 PM
From the Games Day info pages (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=5800004a)at the GW website:

2011 Games Day Location - The 2011 Games Day location will be announced at the end of the 2010 Games Day in Baltimore!

MarneusCalgar
06-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Next Games Day is Spanish one... We are celebrating it here, in Madrid, on July 4th, such a good day to be

Brass Scorpion
06-08-2010, 08:07 AM
This will be the 17th consecutive Games Day held in Maryland since they started US Games Day in 1993. Next year will be the first year that we are NOT having a Games Day in Maryland. If you are in the Mid-Atlantic area and usually go to Games Day in Baltimore, don't miss it this August because next year you'll have to travel to go to Games Day, likely to Memphis, TN.

Check out John Shaffer's Road To Games Day blog (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=3900014&section=community&aId=9500025a)on the GW website for a peak at the spectacular display tables he's been building. I built a couple of the buildings he used on the Necromunda table. I also painted some models for another of the tables. I've seen all these tables featured on the blog up close and they are amazingly well done. Games Day North America in Baltimore this year should be everything it used to be and everything last year's was not. I wouldn't miss it and I'm already planning out my Armies On Parade entry and my Vehicle Conversion contest entry.

GVEGames
06-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Check out John Shaffer's Road To Games Day blog (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=3900014&section=community&aId=9500025a)on the GW website for a peak at the spectacular display tables he's been building. I built a couple of the buildings he used on the Necromunda table. I also painted some models for another of the tables. I've seen all these tables featured on the blog up close and they are amazingly well done.

Those tables look great (Especially that Blood Bowl pitch!). Our local club is going to be running one of the events, and I'm about knee deep in foam trying to get the table finished. It should be impressive once it is finally finished, but its going to be hard to compete with John's tables.

This year is looking a lot better than last, for sure! :D

HiveFleetTiamat
06-08-2010, 12:36 PM
The club I am with is going and running an event. That table looks good so far, but has a ways to go.

I wish they would run three events in US for Games Day.

PA area one covering the north East and some of the mid Atlantic Region.
Vegas as a west/ south west area.
Memphis would cover the majority of the rest.

Just food for thought.

DarkAngelHopeful
06-09-2010, 12:36 AM
The club I am with is going and running an event. That table looks good so far, but has a ways to go.

I wish they would run three events in US for Games Day.

PA area one covering the north East and some of the mid Atlantic Region.
Vegas as a west/ south west area.
Memphis would cover the majority of the rest.

Just food for thought.

I totally agree. Especially since I'm close to Vegas, relatively. :)