PDA

View Full Version : Artillery + movement?

Lost Vyper
12-29-2014, 06:37 AM
Hello!

Iīm in the midst of creating and Vaulīs Artillery unit (3 guns) from extra bits and was wondering, is Artillery Relentless? I recall seeing one batrep, where the dude moved them and shot. But in the Eldar codex OR BRB, it doesnīt state any of the kind. Is it just normal Heavy aka shoot Snap shots or donīt shoot at all with Blast weapons if you moved?

- Lost Vyper

Charistoph
12-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Artillery is not natively Relentless. So, yes, they have to Snap Fire Heavies and not fire Ordnance if they move.

However, ICs with Slow and Purposeful can do wonders with Artillery movement and shooting.

Lost Vyper
12-29-2014, 10:26 AM
No such in Eldar HQīs darn it...

Charistoph
12-29-2014, 01:53 PM
What about Dark Eldar?

Don't forget there are some Traits and Relics out there which can accomplish this, too. Though, I do not know if they are accessible by either Eldar faction.

Da Gargoyle
01-12-2015, 08:03 PM
I am a little puzzled about this one myself. Artillery is heavy so normally you move and snap shoot, which means for the D Cannon I use, I can't move and shoot; Or can I ? The Vauls Battery are mounted on grav platforms, similar if larger than those which makes the heavy weapons that Guardians use relentless. So one would think that the grav platforms for the VB would have the same effect. However there is no specific mention in the codex and there are plenty of guys that live and die by the word out there.

Any comments on this thought?

JMichael
01-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Maugen Ra has Relentless, but it doesn't matter.

IC's that join artillery cannot shoot the artillery (p64 last sentence under 'THE UNIT' ) and relentless only effects the specific model that has it (p170).

But as Charistoph mentioned, Slow and Purposeful is 'A unit with one model in it...' (p171) could move and shoot Heavy Weapons though the Eldar do not have any IC's with that rule anyway.

Eldar are my main army and I love using Support Weapons.
Even though they are mounted on grav platforms, we might assume they are a bit slow and still take some time to setup and target (more than the Guardians weapon platform).