PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Rumor Roundup

Bigred
12-28-2014, 12:21 AM
Time to start up the official Chaos Marines Rumormill...

via Nostromodamus (http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/12/plague-marines-and-new-chaos-cult.html#more) on 12-27-2014

One project that is more on the horizon is plastic Chaos Cult Troops. I can say that the Plague Marines are more bulky and tailored for the new bases. Standard 5 man squads per box with all weapon options and nice bits to spruce up the Champions.

via Nightfury (http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/12/next-40k-campaign-darkstorm.html#more) on 12-27-2014

2015 will be the year of supplements and campaigns. Dark angels will almost certainly feature in the next campaign which i heard quite possibly is called DarkStorm ~The opponents to the Dark Angels are said to be Crimson Slaughter

via Steve the Warboss 1-8-2014

Regarding Codex Chaos Space Marines
-No Cult Marines in the Codex
-Few Rule changes
-Dataslates for Cult Marines, Terminators, Chosen ect. in White Dwarf
-One Chaos God per Issue (each with their own dataslates for Berzerker Termis, Plague Termis ect.)

via Steve the Warboss 1-9-2015

Further clarifications for CSM Cult Marines
-No own Profiles/Choices for Cult Marines in the Codex
-Cult Marines are "upgrades" for the most of the CSM Units

via Captain Citadel (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?51828-Chaos-Rumor-Roundup&p=472530&viewfull=1#post472530) 1-19-2015

The Plastic Bloodthirster is real.

Kit makes three models a normal bloodthirster with whip and Axe of Khorne, one wielding a monstrous two-handed axe, third has a doubleheaded axe and super long chain flail. The wings are really big - the model is almost as big as Nagash, and is extra tall. It is sculpted on top of a flickering flame. There are three different heads with different types of horns and helmets. Large armoured hooves, thigh straps, regular upper body strapps and gladiator kindof armour. Super muscular, like a super ripped world's strongest man mixed with a Khorne daemon.

via Steve the Warboss 2-5-2015

It looks like Chaos is coming in March after all:

-New Khorne Berzerker Box
-Khorne Berzerker on Jugger Box
-Chaos Lord of Khorne Clam Pack

3-17-2015

Look for the following kits redone in plastic throughout this year:

Berzerkers (10 man kit)

Plague Marines (10 man kit)

Rubric Marines (10 man kit)

These are completely redone multipose plastic kits. Earlier rumors have placed two of these already - so that adds to the corroborating rumormongers out there. Berzerkers were mentioned last month as being tied into the 40K Khorne release that seems to be right atop us. Rubrics have been mentioned as being released alongside the redone Lord of Change in a Tzeentch wave that is part of the Autumn campaign (along the lines of Stormclaw / Shield of Baal).

It's been a looooong time since any CSM rumors showed up!

Today's your lucky day:

via The HairySorcerer20 (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312703-new-codex-chaos-space-marines/?p=4152941) on Bolter and Chainsword 8-21-2015

So the manager at my local GW got back from Nottingham a while ago. And couldn't help but tell me theres talk of a new chaos codex coming this year at the HQ. I've known this guy for years. I've never been brought into the back of the shop and had him tell me. Then he mentioned horus heresy stuff in October apparently. I've scanned through the internet and found nothing on either. Although he seems like he really wants me to.expect something. I'll ask him for more info tomorrow. Not too excited. But he isnt a liar. And heck, he's coming to me about this as I'm essentially tge biggest chaos fanboy at tge shop.

I'll edit this post if some new info comes up. He said something about tau later in the year but I was too busy squabbling mindlessly about what could be changed. OH and apparently we are going to.be seeing a new deamon engine.. Joy.

...He told me to keep £35 handy around the end of this month to the start of September.

via B&C's TheHairySorcerer20 (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312676-chaos-space-marines-rumors/?p=4162256) 9-2-2015

we are getting a chaos marine dex soon.. Very soon indeed. AND we may or may not be getting a sorcerer conclave formation ;) Nothing better than throwing out 3 powers a turn at +1 strength for every sorcerer in the formation.. *Cough*

... It's coming though. ITS FINALLY COMING!!

and...

via B&C's SlaveToDarkness (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312676-chaos-space-marines-rumors/?p=4162015) 9-2-2015

Aahhhhh after I have done a bit of digging with a few people I have found out a few things...

Some I cant say until I hear back from someone else (I dont want to look like a complete muppet) but I can say one thing, we ARE getting a dex, but not sure if its gonna be before or after Tau at the moment. But its done, not heard anything about new minis though (but then again I didnt ask). The person I am waiting to hear back from I trust 100% and its not the local GW manager.

Just be patient guys, and if the other things I am waiting on turn out to be legit then you get to be happy smug *******s

Don't mind saying who my source is, I have a cousin who is an ex GW sculptor who still talks to people at the design studio, I'm not naming names though as I don't wanna cause any grief for people involved, and I'm not gonna push for info on every race, I only asked about Chaos because that's all I am interested in, couldn't care less about anything else tongue.png

If one of the things I am waiting to hear back on turns out to be true then I will be happy, though it's something I have hinted at a few times now and again for a few months now, though it was something that GW were thinking of doing, if they are then I will spill the beans.

via an anonymous source (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/JmhF8onb6MA/chaos-space-marines-early-design-rumors.html) on Faeit 3-8-2016

Chaos Space Marines are currently being worked on. The models are not even finalized, but a book is being created, and I am assuming that it is a codex. The book is not coming for at least a year, the details are still being changed frequently, both the models dimensions and specific details.

Three interesting sightings
1. A field artillery battery manned by Chaos Space Marines, with tracks and barrels that looked like a quad mortar. Their armor was different , as it had plates on the front that looked similar to that of a Warpsmith. The helmets looked like Mk III

2. Chaos Sorcerer with staves that looked Chaos-y, one that was wearing a robe. None of the sorcerers had horns or spikes sticking out where I would have expected to see them. A group of them casting a psychic power with a Nova Blast effect.

3. New Predator Tank weapons that are not autocannons or lascannons. At least 2 new cannons being worked on, both are boxy with lights down the side, but no clues to what they do.

I saw no legion markings. All armor was a greasy metallic gray, or the subjects were illuminated in a reddish glow. Lights from the eyes of helmets are red or green.

There were no models of cult troops, heretics, or other infantry

There was also something referred to as a Wyrm with large armor plates reminiscent of a Forgefiend. No other details

Power Klawz
12-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Can this go ahead and be true already? Because I'm not buying anything CSM unitl it looks as good as the recent releases. I've been waiting for new cult troops and basic CSM for like 2 years now.

eldargal
12-30-2014, 04:01 AM
I hope it isn't really another Marine vs Chaos Marine thing.

Mr Mystery
12-30-2014, 04:02 AM
Are they not just thinking of Dark Vengeance?

Asymmetrical Xeno
12-30-2014, 04:23 AM
Maybe it's set after dark vengeance chronologically?

Kirsten
12-31-2014, 01:45 PM
I've been waiting for new cult troops and basic CSM for like 2 years now.

only two years? noob :p

I want new plastic berserkers

HsojVvad
01-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Have some CSM players lernt their lesson and not get to excited this time? Excitement leads to disappointment.

Bigred
01-08-2015, 02:48 PM

Regarding Codex Chaos Space Marines
-Few Rule changes
-One Chaos God per Issue (each with their own dataslates for Berzerker Termis, Plague Termis ect.)

Deadlift
01-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Plastic Plague Marines, Thousand Sons, New Zerkers and Noise Marines would sell like no tomorrow. It's a shame GW don't seem to cotton on to this.

KhornishGameHen
01-08-2015, 03:00 PM

>Dataslates for Cult Marines, Chosen, ect.

Eww...

I really hope they make them better somehow to make up for moving them, or that just feels wrong to me. Not that they aren't good, but Cult marines are pretty standard for Chaos, and spreading them out like that is kind of annoying

Erik Setzer
01-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Wait, WHAT?!? They take rules out of the codex, which will still be $50, then put them in WD spaced out over four weeks (so $16, and you better hope you don't miss a copy with GW's standing policy of throwing them away)?

This sounds like another rumor that is just too stupid to believe. Seriously, if GW's hit this point, I'm going to have to just eat my losses and move to a different hobby. I can't condone a company that's working that hard to bleed its customers dry.

Defenestratus
01-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Feel bad for Chaos players who will need to lug around 3 different source materials for all their rules just to play their army...

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, WHAT?!? They take rules out of the codex, which will still be $50, then put them in WD spaced out over four weeks (so $16, and you better hope you don't miss a copy with GW's standing policy of throwing them away)?

This sounds like another rumor that is just too stupid to believe. Seriously, if GW's hit this point, I'm going to have to just eat my losses and move to a different hobby. I can't condone a company that's working that hard to bleed its customers dry.

Don't forget all of the dataslates that will go along with it.

I hate to say it but we kind of asked for this as a community.

Xaric
01-08-2015, 03:33 PM
just give me a nurgle daemons/chaos space marine codex with everything that is nurgle and I will be happy :D

Charon
01-08-2015, 03:39 PM
I hate to say it but we kind of asked for this as a community.

When did we ask for this?
When we suggestet to have Legion rules (Chapter traits) in the codex?
When we asked for a complete overhaul of the ****ty codex?
When we asked for Cult rules included in the codex?

I dont think we asked for "nearly no rule changes", "no legions" and "cults scattered in WD"

daboarder
01-08-2015, 03:51 PM
This is ****ing GENIUS!!!

Like seriously, I honestly thought even GW had run out of exciting ways of ****ing over chaos players, but this is a whole new level of perversion.

spaceman91
01-08-2015, 04:09 PM
I hope this isn't true. I don't get a good feeling playing my chaos as is, this could just make things 10x worse.

Kirsten
01-08-2015, 04:10 PM
let's wait and see what actually happens first. I find these rumours highly unlikely personally.

daboarder
01-08-2015, 04:13 PM
let's wait and see what actually happens first. I find these rumours highly unlikely personally.

aye, they are from StW and I dont think hes very accurate, he was the guy who was saying that crons would be BEFORE Christmas I believe.

My own response was more a "I wouldnt be surprised" type thing

gungagreg
01-08-2015, 04:24 PM

No, no, no, that's not how the internet works! Nerd rage first followed by a pitchfork and torches parade around the nearest GW.

Kirsten
01-08-2015, 05:14 PM
cult troops have always been in, only way I could possibly see them leaving now would be if they were getting legion specific books shortly after. the dataslates could be a free get you by for all we know, and not something rubbish you pay for. there are any number of ways of looking at these rumours

Eldar_Atog
01-08-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm very skeptical on this rumor but I have to say.. it is possible. After watching the gutting of the Dark Eldar special character section, it's not hard to believe they would do something like this. I quit Dark Eldar after seeing that codex.

I guess I can give up on my 2000 point Thousand Son army too. It's much more annoying though. I had almost all of it painted.. including an additional 1500ish tzeentch demon army.

All that would be leftat that point is my Eldar warhost.

40kGamer
01-08-2015, 05:18 PM
cult troops have always been in, only way I could possibly see them leaving now would be if they were getting legion specific books shortly after. the dataslates could be a free get you by for all we know, and not something rubbish you pay for. there are any number of ways of looking at these rumours

When I saw the word 'free' I almost fell out of my chair. :p

Kirsten
01-08-2015, 05:27 PM
well a lot of new models have had free rules lately, no reason why these wouldn't be.

sfshilo
01-08-2015, 05:50 PM
What I kind of expect is the streamlining of cult troops.

For example, instead of having a CSM unit, a khorne, a slanesh, a nurgle and a tzeench....

Just have the CSM squad with the marks to upgrade them.

There really isn't a reason to have a separate entry when everyone uses them as troops. It would also make the CSM squad seem less worthless if it's done right. (And with the whole "unlock" stuff going away thank you GW)

Additionally, this could be applied to chosen, who are pretty much cult troops once you mark them.

What does this allow:
detachments and formations that require a certain mark for a god specific bonus, etc....this more closely follows the 7th ed model then this rumor. (IE, this person misinterpreted information.)

daboarder
01-08-2015, 05:55 PM
well a lot of new models have had free rules lately, no reason why these wouldn't be.

its one of the good things GW has been doing lately

Erik Setzer
01-08-2015, 08:46 PM

Most (if not all) of those were limited situations. With the End Times stuff, you're talking kits that are NOT cheap, where the books were too limited in the print runs (and requiring you to have the book would dampen sales of the models), and now rumors seem to suggest a lot of those kits won't even be usable in a few months (unless we play an OOP game).

I'm not sure about the Tyranids, they might have the rules with them, but mercifully those were put online. But that was a different scenario entirely. It wasn't taking things out of a book. It was adding new units and models to the line months later. With the cult units, you're taking out units that have been part of the CSM army, just to put them into WD. And if they put them up online free, that begs the question why they wouldn't just put them in the book in the first place.

I'm really hoping these rumors coming out are people just yanking our chains, because collectively it's sounding like GW is going to take the worst parts of corporate strategies from companies like EA and put them to effect, and people are already getting alienated just by the thought of this stuff. If it actually happens, that could be a mess of lost customers.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-08-2015, 11:12 PM
I actually wonder if they take a knights/tempestus approach with the cult forces and expand them a little into a small army.

Charon
01-09-2015, 04:32 AM

Last time Cult troops where in was in the 3.5 codex.
Deathguard Terminators? Emperors Children Dreads? Worldeater Bikers?

We have been hearing the lame positivity about "dont worry, there will be supplements/dataslates/... " since the 6th ed "codex" hit.
What happened? I-just-pulled-a-bland-traitor-chapter-out-of-my-***-supplement and formations for one of the most useless units in the codex.
But hey... always remember... they are no "real space marines" they cant have good stuff.

Bestyj
01-09-2015, 05:46 AM
Well, i saw a rumour about "Book of Khorne, The Book of Nurgle, The Book of Tzeentch and The Book of Slanesh." for 40k. 15 months ago. on 09.2013. yes, that long ago.

Unfortunatelly ladies and gentelman - i'm preaty sure, that they will move cult marines out of the standard CSM codex. And comunity will like that.

What they are trying to achive is situation like with normal SM - There are 4 SM codexes - SM, BA, DA, SW. What we will have is most probably going to be 5 CSM codex - 4 for gods, and one undivided, representing renegades and such. This will allow god specific armies more common on the table - with no more "all in one khorne next to slanesh" bull****. Hopefully they are trying to make 1-god armies playable.

See- GW had been parting choas all the time - in WFB we had "Chaos" - and then it spawned to Wariors, Beastman and Deamons. In 40k they just divide further CSM, as they divided normal SM into Vanila, DA, BA, SW.

What we should hope for - is that they will do it properly. Vanila CSM codex with rules for legions - like chapter tactics - and 4 Books as complete full minicodexes, probably with as many rules as in "imperial knights" ;)

daboarder
01-09-2015, 06:09 AM
Last time Cult troops where in was in the 3.5 codex.
Deathguard Terminators? Emperors Children Dreads? Worldeater Bikers?

We have been hearing the lame positivity about "dont worry, there will be supplements/dataslates/... " since the 4th ed "codex" hit.
What happened? I-just-pulled-a-bland-traitor-chapter-out-of-my-***-supplement and formations for one of the most useless units in the codex.
But hey... always remember... they are no "real space marines" they cant have good stuff.

Fixed that for you

Mr Mystery
01-09-2015, 06:34 AM
Interesting that there's mention of a new Codex now.

Original rumour was these sets a Nid style 'out of cycle' release?

Maybe someone has their wires crossed, and have taken 'no codex being release alongside' and understood it as 'not going to be in the codex'. Both are kind of saying the same thing?

daboarder
01-09-2015, 06:35 AM
Interesting that there's mention of a new Codex now.

Original rumour was these sets a Nid style 'out of cycle' release?

Maybe someone has their wires crossed, and have taken 'no codex being release alongside' and understood it as 'not going to be in the codex'. Both are kind of saying the same thing?

Dude, there was mention of a cult codex OFFICIALLY in WD way back in 4th in one of the first Standard bearer articles.....

Mr Mystery
01-09-2015, 06:39 AM
I'm meaning this latest rumour.

-Few Rule changes

First mention of this being a Codex, rather than Nidsstyle.

The old one is well known. Gav Thorpe said as much - that the CSM Codex was written with the Cult Stuff going in another book.

daboarder
01-09-2015, 06:44 AM
oh, you mean first instance of the BASE codex being updated? eh, colour me not surprised

Bigred
01-09-2015, 11:26 AM

Further clarifications for CSM Cult Marines
-No own Profiles/Choices for Cult Marines in the Codex
-Cult Marines are "upgrades" for the most of the CSM Units

Yayula
01-09-2015, 11:43 AM

Sounds like it's going back to the 3.5 style of getting cult troops

Chaos Companion
01-10-2015, 01:26 AM
Sounds like it's going back to the 3.5 style of getting cult troops

I really hope this is true, and hope this comes out soon!!! Don't f up my NURGLE GW!!! (Oh and give all my fellow Chaos Cohorts plenty of love as well!!)
Haha, probably just more rampant speculation and wishlisting.... Still made me salivate though!

Clockwork
01-10-2015, 02:12 PM
From Darnok on Warseer:

One of my very reliable birdies told me to not expect a new CSM codex, but only a supplement. And while it is centered around Khorne (plus at least one new unit and new models in plastic), it is not about a Legion, but a renegade warband. This is a contradiction to the rumour in the OP by Steve the Warboss, and only one set of those rumours can be correct in the end.

Mr Mystery
01-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Interesting.

Reckon it's not a Codex we're going to see redone, but supplements after all. There's more rumours saying no codex after all.

Kirsten
01-10-2015, 02:17 PM
a khorne supplement, I would be all over that

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Agreed, supplements make a lot more sense and seem to be where they are going these days anyway. I think it will be a release like the recent tyranid one (as MrMystery previously mentioned)

Kirsten
01-10-2015, 02:53 PM
yeah, I really like the supplements personally, so much more background and cool stuff. better get my chainaxe oiled just in case.

Mr Mystery
01-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Yup.

And if they're having units in them, because you don't need as many you can arguably produce more 'pure' units for that theme, rather than sort of spin it out with filler.

We sort of had this in 3rd Ed, with the Dark Angels, Space Woofs and that - only they didn't so much do the background cool as much.

Shaping up to be an exciting year!

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Yup.

And if they're having units in them, because you don't need as many you can arguably produce more 'pure' units for that theme, rather than sort of spin it out with filler.

We sort of had this in 3rd Ed, with the Dark Angels, Space Woofs and that - only they didn't so much do the background cool as much.

Shaping up to be an exciting year!

3rd edition handled it very poorly, but the concept was a good one. They are doing it right now. The game hasn't been this interesting in a long time for me.

Deadlift
01-11-2015, 09:36 AM
a khorne supplement, I would be all over that

Me too, although it's a toss up for Nurgle. It's hard to say which one I would go with 1st. Maybe we will get new plastic cult marine kits as well.

Kirsten
01-11-2015, 10:47 AM
a khorne supplement, new plastic berserkers, and a new unit would cause me to spend all of my monies

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-11-2015, 11:23 AM
The berzerkers are looking painfully dated at this point, they really could do with an update to bring them in line with the recent SM and BA kits. Some unique units would be good too. I don't have any personal interest in khorne but I want to see them get a good model release as it's something a lot of people have wanted for aeons.

Kirsten
01-11-2015, 03:08 PM
I still quite like the berserkers, but they are undoubtedly very dated now, I would love to have some more, I think they would make my heresy world eaters army a lot more affordable...

Deadlift
01-11-2015, 04:36 PM
I would love to see some plastic Thousand Sons as well, hell any of the god specific troops would be awesome.

Mr Mystery
01-11-2015, 04:39 PM
I just want new toys.

Kirsten
01-11-2015, 04:58 PM
yup

miteyheroes
01-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Plastic Bloodthirster has me all excited. The idea of a book combining Daemons and CSMs again? That's just the icing on the cake.

Arkhan Land
01-20-2015, 09:04 AM
Plastic Bloodthirster has me all excited. The idea of a book combining Daemons and CSMs again? That's just the icing on the cake.

I wonder if hes going to become some sort of LOR, which has me excited/not excited
For me the all Khorne book is whats got me going, I already run a CSM/Demons Khorne army, hoping this book gives us some more goodies, for the cost of $50...

Power Klawz
01-20-2015, 08:17 PM
The Plastic Bloodthirster is real.

I shall name him Gorelord, cleaver of skulls and stealer of hearts. It will take me 2 months to paint him.

TheCreator
01-21-2015, 07:13 AM
Hey! I'm doing the Glory Unto Chaos project where we make a 'dex that's truly worthy of the Chaos Gods and the ancient legions. If you're interesting in doing something instead of just complaining, check out these threads:

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?51435-Glory-unto-Chaos-call-to-arms
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52465-Glory-Unto-Chaos-progress

I shall name him Gorelord, cleaver of skulls and stealer of hearts. It will take me 2 months to paint him.
Just 2 months?

Bigred
02-05-2015, 10:55 AM
via Steve the Warboss 2-5-2015

It looks like Chaos is coming in March after all:

-New Khorne Berzerker Box
-Khorne Berzerker on Jugger Box
-Chaos Lord of Khorne Clam Pack

Kirsten
02-05-2015, 11:30 AM
nerdgasm

Eldar_Atog
02-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Praise Tzeentch and Slaanesh... and those other 2 :)

Mr Mystery
02-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Berserkers certainly need the re sculpt.

Good for their day, but are showing their age.

Arkhan Land
02-05-2015, 04:51 PM
I think it wont be what it seems, as has been pointed out the other gods are waiting for their plastic kits still.

My pessimistic worry:

New Bezerkers box is box only, repack of older zerkers only two spures though so 8 not 12
that would seem dumb except that theyre going to give us back the "Number of the Gods" benefit to 8-man units in this new codex (my halfway pessimistic prediction, pessimistic for the kit not the rule)

The Zerkers on Juggys will have the most new material aside from of course the new Bloodthirster kit

Kirsten
02-05-2015, 04:56 PM
well if nothing else there would need to be new berserker bits for the juggernaut riders

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-05-2015, 05:54 PM
well if nothing else there would need to be new berserker bits for the juggernaut riders

Good point, and would they not want the aesthetics to match too?

Kirsten
02-05-2015, 06:18 PM
I would think so yeah

Andrew Thomas
02-06-2015, 12:51 AM
Berserker on Juggernaut list, so we can punk all those Thunderwolf Cavalry players? I'm in. Make a return to 3.5 Summoner lists, where your Chosen were your beacon-caddy unit, with all the kit to ensure your army lived long enough to pump out Daemons where you needed them? Aspiring Sorcerers? Maybe even Bound spell-style Daemonology for all the Khorne players?

Arkhan Land
02-06-2015, 01:36 AM
Berserker on Juggernaut list, so we can punk all those Thunderwolf Cavalry players? I'm in. Make a return to 3.5 Summoner lists, where your Chosen were your beacon-caddy unit, with all the kit to ensure your army lived long enough to pump out Daemons where you needed them? Aspiring Sorcerers? Maybe even Bound spell-style Daemonology for all the Khorne players?

I think thats wishfull thinking, I think in general my hopes are for things that allows Khorne a decent chance of really destroying his opposing players psychic ability, some basic examples:
A Brass-Collars as Special Equipment for any character...
B Extra DTW dice for Uniques/HQ following Khorne (B-thirster, Karnak, Kharn, Etc.) Cause I mean like DOES IT NOT BEFFIT KHORNE TO ALLOW HIS MINIONS TO CRUSH THE TRANSIENT MIND!
C Some sort of special portaglyph type device that requires the killing of an enemy character and some sort of succesful dice roll, but more than one hullpoint thanks please. This is really pushing what ill take from khorne fluff-wise but ill leave it in there as a nod to peoples desire for daemonology in the ranks

Cutter
02-06-2015, 02:20 AM
I think it wont be what it seems, as has been pointed out the other gods are waiting for their plastic kits still.

My pessimistic worry:

New Bezerkers box is box only, repack of older zerkers only two spures though so 8 not 12
that would seem dumb except that theyre going to give us back the "Number of the Gods" benefit to 8-man units in this new codex (my halfway pessimistic prediction, pessimistic for the kit not the rule)

The Zerkers on Juggys will have the most new material aside from of course the new Bloodthirster kit

And they'll be on 32mm bases...

So there's that...

me_in_japan
02-07-2015, 10:23 AM
heck, I play mono-nurgle and I'm excited about jugger-zerkers. CSM have needed something thematic like that for ages. Good show, GW :) Now, if only we could get death guard on plague drones...

Bigred
03-17-2015, 12:43 AM
3-17-2015

Look for the following kits redone in plastic throughout this year:

Berzerkers (10 man kit)

Plague Marines (10 man kit)

Rubric Marines (10 man kit)

These are completely redone multipose plastic kits. Earlier rumors have placed two of these already - so that adds to the corroborating rumormongers out there. Berzerkers were mentioned last month as being tied into the 40K Khorne release that seems to be right atop us. Rubrics have been mentioned as being released alongside the redone Lord of Change in a Tzeentch wave that is part of the Autumn campaign (along the lines of Stormclaw / Shield of Baal).

DrBored
03-17-2015, 12:47 AM
If the above is true, like I promised in the other thread, I will delete that other thread as soon as actual new Khorne Berzerkers drop.

Sad to see no mention of Noise Marines..

Mr Mystery
03-17-2015, 04:31 AM
If the above is true, like I promised in the other thread, I will delete that other thread as soon as actual new Khorne Berzerkers drop.

Sad to see no mention of Noise Marines..

So far, anyways.

Though I'd wager they need it more than the others.

Khorne Berserkers can be kitbashed fairly easily if you're not keen on the current models. Thousand Sons and Nurgle have suitable troop models, if a little dated.

But Noise Marines? Their base kit simply isn't Noise Marines. It's Slaaneshi Marines with the odd Sonic Weapon.....

Kirsten
03-17-2015, 04:34 AM
hard to believe there being a new berserker box soon with that warband box apparently containing the old ones

Asymmetrical Xeno
03-17-2015, 07:38 AM
So far, anyways.

Though I'd wager they need it more than the others.

Khorne Berserkers can be kitbashed fairly easily if you're not keen on the current models. Thousand Sons and Nurgle have suitable troop models, if a little dated.

But Noise Marines? Their base kit simply isn't Noise Marines. It's Slaaneshi Marines with the odd Sonic Weapon.....

Luckily Forge world have those really nice looking "Kakophoni" :
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Legiones_Astartes/Emperors_Children/EMPEROR'S_CHILDREN_LEGION_KAKOPHONI.html

I still like to see official kits for things though, even if my intention is to convert anyway (like in my own personal case of flayed ones for me)

Deadlift
03-17-2015, 10:22 AM
Actually FW have great alternatives to any of the kits that are rumoured, except Thousand Sons and I'm sure they won't be long.

Bigred
08-22-2015, 02:04 PM
It's been a looooong time since any CSM rumors showed up!

Today's your lucky day:

via The HairySorcerer20 (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312703-new-codex-chaos-space-marines/?p=4152941) on Bolter and Chainsword 8-21-2015

So the manager at my local GW got back from Nottingham a while ago. And couldn't help but tell me theres talk of a new chaos codex coming this year at the HQ. I've known this guy for years. I've never been brought into the back of the shop and had him tell me. Then he mentioned horus heresy stuff in October apparently. I've scanned through the internet and found nothing on either. Although he seems like he really wants me to.expect something. I'll ask him for more info tomorrow. Not too excited. But he isnt a liar. And heck, he's coming to me about this as I'm essentially tge biggest chaos fanboy at tge shop.

I'll edit this post if some new info comes up. He said something about tau later in the year but I was too busy squabbling mindlessly about what could be changed. OH and apparently we are going to.be seeing a new deamon engine.. Joy.

...He told me to keep £35 handy around the end of this month to the start of September.

Arkhan Land
08-23-2015, 08:39 AM
I wonder if its new vanilla or if theyre gonna sneak some tzeentch'n or slaaneesh'n on us maybe even Nurgl'n

Bigred
09-03-2015, 01:28 AM
via B&C's TheHairySorcerer20 (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312676-chaos-space-marines-rumors/?p=4162256) 9-2-2015

we are getting a chaos marine dex soon.. Very soon indeed. AND we may or may not be getting a sorcerer conclave formation ;) Nothing better than throwing out 3 powers a turn at +1 strength for every sorcerer in the formation.. *Cough*

... It's coming though. ITS FINALLY COMING!!

and...

via B&C's SlaveToDarkness (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312676-chaos-space-marines-rumors/?p=4162015) 9-2-2015

Aahhhhh after I have done a bit of digging with a few people I have found out a few things...

Some I cant say until I hear back from someone else (I dont want to look like a complete muppet) but I can say one thing, we ARE getting a dex, but not sure if its gonna be before or after Tau at the moment. But its done, not heard anything about new minis though (but then again I didnt ask). The person I am waiting to hear back from I trust 100% and its not the local GW manager.

Just be patient guys, and if the other things I am waiting on turn out to be legit then you get to be happy smug *******s

Don't mind saying who my source is, I have a cousin who is an ex GW sculptor who still talks to people at the design studio, I'm not naming names though as I don't wanna cause any grief for people involved, and I'm not gonna push for info on every race, I only asked about Chaos because that's all I am interested in, couldn't care less about anything else tongue.png

If one of the things I am waiting to hear back on turns out to be true then I will be happy, though it's something I have hinted at a few times now and again for a few months now, though it was something that GW were thinking of doing, if they are then I will spill the beans.

Bigred
03-08-2016, 11:41 AM
via an anonymous source (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/JmhF8onb6MA/chaos-space-marines-early-design-rumors.html) on Faeit 3-8-2016

Chaos Space Marines are currently being worked on. The models are not even finalized, but a book is being created, and I am assuming that it is a codex. The book is not coming for at least a year, the details are still being changed frequently, both the models dimensions and specific details.

Three interesting sightings
1. A field artillery battery manned by Chaos Space Marines, with tracks and barrels that looked like a quad mortar. Their armor was different , as it had plates on the front that looked similar to that of a Warpsmith. The helmets looked like Mk III

2. Chaos Sorcerer with staves that looked Chaos-y, one that was wearing a robe. None of the sorcerers had horns or spikes sticking out where I would have expected to see them. A group of them casting a psychic power with a Nova Blast effect.

3. New Predator Tank weapons that are not autocannons or lascannons. At least 2 new cannons being worked on, both are boxy with lights down the side, but no clues to what they do.

I saw no legion markings. All armor was a greasy metallic gray, or the subjects were illuminated in a reddish glow. Lights from the eyes of helmets are red or green.

There were no models of cult troops, heretics, or other infantry

There was also something referred to as a Wyrm with large armor plates reminiscent of a Forgefiend. No other details

Kirsten
03-08-2016, 12:19 PM
not sure I buy that, just seems a bit odd all in all

grimmas
03-08-2016, 12:34 PM
If the models aren't finalised it's going to be a while before we see anything.

Mr Mystery
03-08-2016, 12:59 PM
So has he seen the models, or are they works in progress?

I smell Trump like levels of truth...