PDA

View Full Version : Necrons Rumor Roundup

Bigred
12-11-2014, 01:40 AM
via Lords of War (https://www.facebook.com/Lordsofwargaming) 10-10-2014

Necrons
-The Necrons will see the release of a Necron lord.
-They will recieve a codex in January.

via BoLS 12-11-2014

Codex Necrons:

Schedule
Crammed into the GW schedule right before the new year.
Pre-orders Dec. 19th
Street date: Dec 26th
(Previous chatter from last month says first week of January)

Models
Little to no new models (a la Grey Knights)
(scattered chatter says perhaps 1 character clampack and 1 Destroyer/DestroyerLord plastic kit)

Rules
Look for Nerfs to the following:

Doom Scythes
Night Scythes

Tesla will get an overhaul to their rules.
Deathray will receive a big overhaul to how it targets models.

Characters remain fundamentally unchanged.
The Stormlord will recieve a Necron themed orbital bombardment of some type once per game.

Warlord Traits are good with some granting individual units USRs, while another listed granted an improved version of Reanimation Protocols

Rumors are rated: Above-Average, coming from known and unknown sources.

via Shield of Baal: Exterminatus 12-12-2014

1) Lychguard on new 32mm bases
2) Unknown weapon on Necron Warrior (bottom left)

via Forge the Narrative (https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative?fref=photo) 12-13-2014

New Necron Lord, Warriors

via Darnok (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403299-Necron-Rumours-Mk-II&p=7340625&viewfull=1#post7340625) 12-23-2014

Necrons will hit on the 31th of January (so advance orders are up on the previous Friday, the 23rd). Codex, clampack character, and an army box - the latter probably a bit after the book/character.

via Nostromodamus (http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/12/plague-marines-and-new-chaos-cult.html#more) on 12-27-2014

There will be a plastic Cryptek along with a new Destroyer Lord. That is all I am aware of for Necrons at this time. Don't count on too many new units until the ranges are fully converted to plastic.

Necron Codex Confirmation 1-17-2015

via Forge the Narrative (https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative) 1-18-2015

Necrons codex and product pics!

via TKoS (http://natfka.blogspot.com.es/2015/01/necron-lords-and-royal-court-rules-leaks.html) 1-18-2015

I have your first Necron leak for you.

There will be a few new rules but no new units (And the obligatory 7th Ed “Balance” that we have all come to know and love)

a grand total of 12 hot new formations, ranging from mostly chaff to absolutely broken.

One of the bigger changes is that Cryptexs and Necron Lords now occupy an HQ slot of their own. For every HQ character in your list, you are allowed to take one of the new Cryptex/Lord detachment (ala warlock council) which is between one and five characters each.

The old royal courts we know and love are gone, but are now a formation (Aptly called a Royal Court) consisting of an Overlord, 1+ Cryptexs, and 1+ Lords.
The Overlord may not take a Command Barge, and all the characters are clumped into one unit.
+1 to reanimation protocol (which is not going away or changing) which stacks with a resurrection orb, and some other buffs that I can’t remember, but one had to do with phaerons (Oh, and any phaeron in your detachment MUST be your overlord).

via Archibald_TK (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403299-Necron-Rumours-Mk-II&p=7362138&viewfull=1#post7362138) 1-19-2015

Necrons have a whole new way to build an army! The Decurion. It's both opening a lot of options and restrictive at the same time, as weird as it sounds. You can use it instead of normal FoC if you want. also keep in mind that it's the usual me reading the WD super fast when I have the time so there may be mistakes:

You basically can chose a base formation that includes all of your basic units.
It must contain: - 1 Overlord (or Zandrek, Anraky, Trazyn or a Barge), 2 units of Warriors, 1 of Immortal and 1 of Tomb Blades.
You lose Objectives Secured, Overlord and all units from this formation within 12" reroll 1 to Protocols, and two fluffy but not usually useful rules: Move through Cover and Relentless (in case you really want to charge with your Warriors/Immortals after shooting =/, which is funny because even in the WD they realize it's the only use).
You can add 6 units of Warriors, 3 of Immortals, 2 Lychguards, 2 Tomb Blades if I remember correctly and 3 Monoliths.
No reroll on the Warlord table for it, probably because it's not really a normal detachment.

Once done you can add a Royal court formation: 1 Overlord (same as previously except it can be the Stormlord now), up to 3 Cryptek and up to 3 Lords.

Then, you can add up to 10 of the available formations, which are all about a theme, in any number if I've read it right, (which I'll be able to confirm later today) so you can go full Destroyer if you want for example:
- One is 1 Destroyer Lord, 3 units of Destroyer, and can add 1 unit of Heavy Destroyers (Ohhhhhhhhh, they are no longer Destroyer upgrades?).
- One allow you to add a Nightbringer Shard, Deceiver Shard, ACtan or Vault. (Ohhhhhhhh, they refer to the shards by their name!)
- One is 2 Annihilation Barge and a Doomsday Ark
- I think there is one with an Obelisk and 2 Monoliths.
- One is 1 Spyder, 1 unit of Wraiths, 1 of Scarabs
- 1 Stalker and 2 Praetorians
- 1 unit of Deathmarks (yup, just 1 if I remember right)
- 1 unit of Flayed Ones
- One is up to 4 Doom Scythes (remember folks, I go from memory so I may be messing up numbers)
And so on, I have no idea if these formations can be taken outside of the Decurion, as I didn't have enough time to read in detail. Also I'm pretty sure that there are no Night Scythes and Ghost Arks formations, thus they shall still be dedicated transports I suppose.

Also I do not expect anything else for the Necrons as the end of the WD refer for the following week to "Dance of Death".

via La Taburna de Laurana (http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/2015/01/rumores-portada-de-la-wd-semanal-52.html) 1-21-2015

Necron Codex & Plastic Lord

Wolfshade
12-11-2014, 03:03 AM
Necron Rumor Roundup (Continued)

via Primarch Lost in the Warp - Latest Necron pics: 1-21-2015

via Archibald_TK (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403299-Necron-Rumours-Mk-II&p=7362138&viewfull=1#post7362138) on Warseer 01-21-2015

C'Tan Info

Regarding the CTans, WD seems to really make a difference between Shards of the Deceiver, Nightbringer, Trans CTan and the Vault. This is how their power work:
- During the shooting phase, chose an enemy unit.
- Roll a D6 or pick a card to determine the attack it suffers.
- The randomness represents the CTan basically doing whatever he wants when released on a battlefield.
- Each attack comes in 2 Flavors.
- The first one, supposedly already devastating, is used by the two shards and the Trans CTan.
- The second one, that appears to be the powerful Apocalypse effect, is for the Vault.

via Gary's bird (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/4v3mv6kZ0RM/more-necron-codex-leaks-army-special.html) 1-24-2014

Necron Special Rules
Reanimation Protocols are for whenever a model suffers an unsaved wound and can be used against "no saves of any kind" as RA is not a saving throw. It also works against instant death weapons, but not destroyer or removed from play. Standard is a 5+ and can never be improved better than a 4+. If you have fnp, and RA, you must choose which one to use., but not both.

Living Metal ignores shaken results but still loses a hull point. On the roll of a 6 at the end of the round, regain a lost hull point.

Necron Warlord Traits
1. Warlord has Eternal Warrior
2. Warlord has Zealot
3. Warlord and friendlies within 12" re-roll failed morale, pinning and fear
4. While warlord is alive, add or subtract 1 to reserve rolls and seize the initiative after the roll is made
5. Warlord and friendles within 12" have relentless and crusader
6. Warlord must accept challenges and re-rollls all failed to hit rolls in challenges. If an enemy refuses a challenge the Warlord gains hatred for rest of game.

Necron Unit Changes

Some stat changes I noticed:
Overlords (and the othet special character overlords)- WS and BS 5 instead
of 4
Lords - 2 wounds instead of 1
Cryptek - 2 wounds instead of 1
Orikan the Diviner- once the change in stats happens, it remains for the
entire game!
Flayed ones - same stats but now have 2 weapons (flayer claws, AP5, shred)
so have 4 attacks total.
Triarch praetorians - 2 attacks instead of 1.
Canoptek Wraiths - Toughness 5 instead of 4
Destroyers (both versions) - 2 wounds instead of 1 (finally)
Obelisk - 14 AV all around, instead of 12.

The Phase shifter, which is now 4+ inv save instead of 3+, states
specifically that it doesnt work on the catacomb Barge, just the Overlord.

Death Ray - now is 24" S10, AP1, Heavy 1, Blast, Lance
Doomsday cannon, +1 strength to both profiles (so 8/10)

C'Tan & Transcendant C'Tan

Note that the datacards include a deck of the c'tan powers so you can shuffle those and draw a card instead of rolling.

All powers are 24" except the Tesseract Vault which has a range of 48". Tesseract Vault powers are are the same strength and ap, but longer ranged and other changes noted below.

1. Powers of the C'tan
Antimatter Meteor -S8 AP3 lg blast
-Tesseract Vault Apoc Blast

2. Cosmic Fire - S6 AP4 lg blast ignores cover
-Tesseract Vault Apoc blast ignores cover

3. Seismic Assault - S6 AP4 assault 10 strikedown
-Tesseract Vault Assault 20 strikedown

4. Sky of Falling Stars - S7 AP4 assault 3 lg blast barrage
-Tesseract Vault assault 6 apoc barrage

5. Time's Arrow - SD AP1 precision shot
-Tesseract Vault assault 2 precision shots

6. Transdimensional Thunderbolt -S9 AP1 Tesla
-Tesseract Vault assault 2 Tesla

*Tesla: When firing this weapon a to hit roll of 6 causes 2 extra hits. Snap shots dont do extra hits.

The C'tan are not generalized into one generic unit like some people are concerned. Each gets its own entry and costs around the same point costs of a Land Raider, with the Transcendent costing an extra 10pts which also carries with it an extra wound giving it a 5 wounds. I would of expected a higher toughness, but S7 and T7 is all around. Transcendent has an additional Strength.

Powers of the C'tan work like this; Pick your target and then roll for power.

All of them share some powers of eternal warrior, and fearless, Immune to natural law- ignoring terrain, and Necrodermis- 4++ and exploding on death-any models within d6" suffer S4 AP1 hits.

The biggest differences are in their remaining powers
Nightbringer- fleshbane and Gaze of Death targets non-vehicles 12" and takes AP2 wounds equal to 3d6 minus leadership

Deceiver- hit and run, Dread-enemy units within 12" -2 leadership, and Grand Illusion- after scouts redeploy d3 units within 12"and the deceiver through normal deployment or put in reserves.

Transcendent- Deepstrike, and Writhing Worldscape- open ground in 6" is difficult terrain.

via warseer's (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?3-Warhammer-40-000-News-amp-Rumour-Discussion) antaonix 1-25-2014

I got some news from my source. I translate it to english. "reanimation protocol now activates like Fantasy's ward save. if you failed a Armor save or cannot make armor save, you immediately make a reanimation protocol roll. It still 5+."
"Also, resurrection orb is now one use only. If you use it, you can reroll current phase's protocol." "Doom scythe's Death ray changed to S10 ap1 Small template Weapon."

Hi guys, New information for the necron here. Again, I just translated it to english. I'm not native speaker so please understand poor translation

1. Reanimation protocol changed like Fantasy's ward save. Can be used at Instant Death.
2. Resurrection orb now gives reroll of current phase's protocol. One use only.
3. Lychguard and Praetorian guard's point value almost halved.
4. Invul save of lychguard now same as storm shield. But no reflection.
5. Praetorian's magic stick's range increased to 12"
6. Triarch stalker now have ability which increasing nearby unit's BS.
7. At start of Each turn, Nemesor Zandrek pick one of the Warlord trait of Codex or rulebook and use it until next turn.
8. He still applies nearby enemy unit's special rule to himself.
9. All the fliers nerfed. Point increase and Weapon's power decrease.
10. Cryptek is now HQ slot.
11. Mss got serious nerf.

Lexington is on the case!

via The Tyranid Hive's jackedup (http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/48760/new-necrons-codex?page=3) 1-26-2015

"Ask Someone Who Has the Codex"

Okay, so here are all the units. Dunno too well what's new and what's not, but ask if you want info on any of it.

HQ

Anrakyr the Traveller
Cryptek
Illumninor Szeras
Lord
Nemesor Zahndrekh
Orikan the Diviner
Orikan Empowered
Overlord
Trazyn the Infinite
Vargard Obyron

Troops:
Necron Warrior
Immortal

Elites:
Deathmark
Flayed One
Lychguard
C'tan Deceiver
C'Tan Nightbringer
Triarch Praetorian

Fast Attack:
Canoptek Wraith
Canoptek Scarab
Destroyer
Heavy Destroyer
Tomb Blade

Heavy Support:
Canoptek Spyder
Heavy Destroyer
Transcendent C'Tan

Vehicles:
Annihilation Barge
Catacomb Command Barge
Doom Scythe
Doomsday Ark
Ghost Ark
Monolith
Night Scythe
Obelisk
Triarch Stalker
Tessaract Vault

Lord of War
Imotekh the Stormlord

Necron Special Rules:

Renanimation Protocols - When a model with this rule suffers an unsaved wound, it can make a special reanimation roll to avoid being wounded. This is not a saving throw and can be used against attacks that state "no saves of any kind are allowed". Reanimation protocols rolls may even be made against hits that cause Instant Death, but cannot be used against hits from Destroyer weapons, or an attack that states the model is removed from play.

Roll a D6 each time the model suffers an unsaved wound, subtracting 1 if the wound caused Instant Death. On a 5+, discount the unsaved wound. Modifiers to this dice roll can never be improved to better than 4+.

If a model has both reanimation and FNP, you can choose to use one or the other but not both.

Living Metal - A model with this special rule ignores the effects of crew shaken, but still loses a hull point. At the end of each of your turns, roll a D6 for each heavy or super heavy vehicle with this special rule that has less than its starting number of hull points, but has not been destroyed. On a roll of a 6 it regains a hull point.

Immortals are 17 points each

Warriors are 13 points each.

Lychguard are 125 points for a squad of 5.

WS 4 BS 4 S 5 T 5 W 1 I 2 A 2 Ld 10 Sv 3+

Warscythe, Reanimation protocols. May select a night scythe as a dedicated trasnport.

The entire unit may exchange their warscythes for hyperphase swords and dispersion shields.

Hyperphase sword + shield are 5 pts per model for the Lychguard

Canoptek Scarabs are Fast Attack, 60 points.

WS2 BS2 S3 T3 W3 I2 A4 Ld10 Sv6+

May include up to six bases at 20 pts per base

Entropic Strike: To wound rolls of 6 wound automatically and cause glancing hits if they wouldn't penetrate

Fearless, Swarm

Flayed Ones, Elites, 65 Points for 5 guys

WS4 BS4 S4 T4 Wi I2 A3 Ld10 Sv4+

May include up to 15 other Fllayed nes at 13 pts per model

Deep Strike, Fear, Infiltrate, Reanimation Protocols

Two Flayer Claws: AP 5, Shred

Catacomb Command Barge - HQ, 135 points

This is taken in place of your Overlord (he sits inside the thing) WS5 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+

Catacomb Command Barge BS4, 11AV all around, HP3

Overlord has his usual stuff (staff of light, Reanimation, can buy extra wargear, etc.)

Catacomb Command Barge has a Gauss Cannon (can switch to Tesla Cannon), Quantum Shielding, and Living Metal.

Command Wave: All Necron friendlies within 12" re-roll failed morale, pinning, and fear tests. If the warlord in the barge has the Immortal Hubris trait (see earlier in thread), command wave range extends to 18".

Annihilation Barge - Heavy Support, 120 points

BS4, AV 11 all around, HP3

Gauss cannon (can switch to Tesla), Twin linked tesla destructor, Quantum shielding, Living Metal

My bad - the annihilation barge is in a formation I forgot to list. The Annihilation nexus, which has two Annihilation Barges and 1 Doomsday Ark.

Anrakyr the Traveller:

160 points, Character, HQ

WS5 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+

Tachyon arrow and Warscythe

Warlord Trait is Implacable Conqueror (see earlier post in thread)

Counter-attack, Furious Charge, IC, Reanimation

Mind in the Machine: At start of shooting phase, choose an enemy vehicle within 12". On a 4+, randomly select one of that vehicle's weapons (no choosing one use weapons that have already been fired off though, or destroyed weapons) and shoot the weapon at another enemy unit. Use the vehicle's BS, unless it is stunned or shaken (then snap shots only). Tyranids laugh at this.

Pyrrhian Eternals - At start of game, before deployment, nominate one friendly unit of immortals. They have Furious charge and counter-attack.

The Force Org for Necrons is different, and organised into detachments.

Reclamation Deatchment (1+) =

1 Overlord
0-2 Lychguard
1-4 Immortals
2-8 Necron Warriors
1-3 Tomb Blades
0-3 Monoloiths

1-10 choices f the following per reclamation legion:

Judicator Battatlion=
1 unit of Triach Stalkers
2 units of Triarch Praetorians

Destroyer Cult=
1 Destroyer Lord
3 units of destroyers
0-1 units of heavy destroyers

Canoptek Harvest=
1 Canoptek Spyder
1 unit of Canoptek Wraiths
1 unit of Canoptek Scarabs

Star God=
1 C'Tan Shard f the Deceiver, Shard of the Nightbringer, Transcendent C'Tan or Tessaract Vault

Annihalation Nexus=
2 Annihilation Barges
1 Domsday Ark

Flayed Ones=
1 unit of Flayed Ones

Living Tomb=
1 Obelisk
0-2 Monoloths

Deathmarks=
1 unit of Deathmarks

Deathbringer Flight
2-4 Doomscythes

Dispersion Shield

A mdel equipped with a diispersion shield has a 3+ invulnerable save, but can never claim the two weapons bonus in the fight sub phase.

Mindshackle Scarabs

When fighting in a challenge, a model with the scarabs has the Fear rule. Fear tests taken as a result of the scarabs are taken on a 3D6.

Deathray - 24", Str 10, AP 1, Heavy, Blast, Lance

Whipcoils can be purcahsed for 3 pts per model. S = user, gains swiftstrike (+3 init)

On the Doomsday Cannon:

Low Power 24", S8 AP3, Heavy, Blast

High Power 72" S10 AP1, Primary Weapon 1, Large Blast, Divert Power (must be stationary)

I don't see anything about Tomblades being able to increase armour save or jink.

Technoarcana is as follows:

Chronometron - The model and his unit have 5+ invuln. against shooting attacks

Dispersion shield - Model has 3+ invuln., cannot claim Two Weapon bonus

Fabricator Claw Array - During shooting phase, instead of shooting, a model with the claw can repair a single friendly vehicle in base contact. D6 roll: on a 4+, restore a hull point or repair weapon destroyed or immobilised result, effective immediately.

Gloom Prism - Model and all units within 12" have Adamantium Will.

Mindshackle Scarabs 10pts - During a challenge, model with the scarabs causes Fear. Ld. tests against the model are taken on 3D6.

Nebuloscope - model ignores cover when shooting

Phase Shifter 25pts - 4+ invuln. save, but only for the model and not any chariot it rides on

Phylactery 15pts - It Will Not Die, for both the model and any chariot it rides on

Resurrection Orb 25pts- Once per game, after an unsuccessful reanimation roll has been made for the model (or another model in the same unit), you can re-roll it and any other failed reanimation rolls (for the model and its unit) until end of phase.

Quantum Shielding - The vehicle has AV13 all around, but after the first penetrating hit, it falls back to the normal AV values.

Shadowloom - +1 cover save (6+ in the open)

Shield Vanes - 3+ armour save

Artefacts of the Aeons

Gauntlet of Conflagrator 30pts- Template, S7 AP2, Assault 1, One Use Only

Nightmare Shroud 35pts- 2+ armour save and fear. Once per game can force enemy unit within 18" to take a morale check (Fearless and Know No Fear units are immune)

Orb of Eternity 40pts- See the Resurrection Orb above, except this also gives +1 to the reanimation rolls

Solar Staff 15pts- 12", S5 AP3, Assault 3, Blind, Solar Pulse

Solar Pulse: Once per game, at the start of any turn, cancel night fighting for the turn. When activated, enemy units can only fire snap shots at the model and its unit until the staff bearer's next turn.

Veil of Darkness 25pts- Deep strike. Once per game, can remove itself and its unit from the table and immediately deep strike somewhere else (even if locked in assault)

Voidreaper 30pts- S+2 AP2, Melee, Armourbane, Fleshbane, Master Crafted, Two Handed

Powers of the C'Tan...here goes:

Models with Powers of the C'Tan can use them as a ranged weapon in the shooting phase. They cannot use them to fire on overwatch. Each time a model uses this, choose a target then roll a D6 to see what happens. For Nightbringer, Deceiver, and Transcendent, use the Transcendent effect. For Tessaract cube, use Coalescent effect.

1. Antimatter Meteor -

Transcendent: 24", S8 AP3, Assault 1, Large Blast
Coalescent: 48", S8, AP3, Assault 1, Apocalyptic Blast

2. Cosmic Fire -
Transcendent: 24", S6 AP4, Assault 1, Large Blast, Ignores Cover
Coalescent: 48", S6 AP4, Assault 1, Apocalyptic Blast, Ignores Cover

3. Seismic Assault-
Transcendent: 24", S6 AP4, Assault 10, Strikedown
Coalescent: 48". S6 AP4, Assault 20, Strikedown

4. Sky of Falling Stars
Transcendent: 24", S7 AP4, Assault 3, Large Blast
Coalescent: 48", S7, AP4, Assault 6, Apocalyptic Barrage

5. Time's Arrow
Transcendent: 24", SD AP1, Assault 1, Precision Shots
Coalescent: 48", SD, AP1, Assault 2, Precision Shots

6. Transdimensional Thunderbolt
Transcendent: 24", S9 AP1, Assault 1, Tesla
Coalescent: 48", S9 AP1, Assault 2, Tesla

Tesla: To Hit roll of 6 causes 2 additional hits on the target. Snap shots never cause additional hits due to Tesla.

Necron Warlord Traits

1 Enduring Wrath - Warlord has Eternal Warrior

2 Eternal Madness - Zealot special rule

3 Immortal Hubris - Warlord and friendly units within 12" re-roll failed morale, pinning, and fear tests

4 Hyperlogical strategist - Add or subtract 1 from reserve rolls and seize the initiative

5 Implacable Conqueror - Warlord and all friendlies within 12" have Relentless and Crusader

6 Honorable Combatant - Must issue or accept challenges. Re-roll all failed to hit rolls in a challenge. No friendly character other than Vargard Obytron can attempt glorious intervention. If enemy refuses challenge, warlord gains hatred for rest of game.

Odds & Ends

1. Codex specifically states: "Snap Shots never cause additional hits as a result of this special rule".

2. Night Scythe is 130 points. They still have invasion beams.

3. Gauss auto wounds on a 6, and auto glances on a 6. No double strength.

4. Tomb Blades have twin linked gauss blasters. These can be exchanged with twin linked Tesla Carbines for free, or Particle Beamers for 2 points / model

5. Anrakyr is 160 points.

6. Triarch Praetorians are 140 points for a squad of 5. Their Rod of Covenant has a 12" range.

7. The Doomsday Ark is Heavy Support (again, see my earlier post about Crons not using standard Force Org though). It still has t be stationary to fire.

8. Monolith: 200 points, 14 AV all around, BS4, 4HP. Four gauss flayer arcs, Particle Whip, Eternity Gate, Deep Strike, Living Metal.

I am not a Cron player, but I think the Obelisk is new? It's like a superheavy version of the Monolith. 300 points, 14AV all around, BS4, 4HP. Four Tesla Spheres, and all enemy flyer, skimmer, jetbike, and FMCs treat terrain within 18" of the Obelisk as dangerous terrain. Zooming flyers and FMCs must also take a dangerous terrain test. The Obelisk can be "powered down" and gain 3+ invuln, but cannot move or shoot. Deep striking obelisks are always powered up. Once powered up, it cannot power down again.

9. The Spyder can add a single Canoptek Scarab base to a scarab unit within 6", at the start of the movement phase, even if it raises it past the starting amount. Roll a D6 after that, and it takes a wound on a 1.

10. Cryptek:

65 points, HQ, Infantry (character)

WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 Iw A1 Ld10 Sv.4+

Staff of Light, may take a chronometron (25 points), may take items from Technoarcana or Artefacts of the Aeons

Reanimation Protocols

Technomancer: This model and all models with the Reanimation Protocols rule in his unit receive +1 to Reanimation Protocol rolls (posted the rules for RP earlier in the thread)

images via Forge the Narrative (https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative?fref=photo) 1-28-2015

11th Hour Necron Teaser Images

-----------------------------------------
Original Post

Short and sweet.

Demonus
12-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Necron Rumor Roundup Continued

via Forge the Narrative (https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative?ref=hl) 12-29-2015

C'Tan & Imotekh Latest

ORIGINAL POST
---------------------------
Hopefully the next WD will have clues and info about what is to come. Im excited, yet it is curbed, as I know that Necrons will get nerfed hard due to how many people complain about them.

Path Walker
12-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Hopefully the next WD will have clues and info about what is to come. Im excited, yet it is curbed, as I know that Necrons will get nerfed hard due to how many people complain about them.

GW take very little of the whining of the internet into consideration as its unreliable, Necrons were written for 6th as it is so there isn't a whole lot to change

Mr Mystery
12-11-2014, 08:56 AM
And with Necrons, the update cycle is complete within 2.5 years (ish) of beginning.

Wonder what we'll see after - raft of Supplement Codecies, SoB given a long needed makeover (please this one at least) or 'older' books updated?

Cutter
12-11-2014, 09:17 AM
And with Necrons, the update cycle is complete within 2.5 years (ish) of beginning.

Wonder what we'll see after - raft of Supplement Codecies, SoB given a long needed makeover (please this one at least) or 'older' books updated?

8th edition with a mini codex a week in white dwarf (starting in the new year) allowing them to converge the Warhammer lines in the summer with what might be referred to as Warhammers 9th editions, or Warhammer: Year Zero.

fo'reels

Charistoph
12-11-2014, 09:27 AM

I heard a rumor from the seer of whines that Sisters are under a new project anticipated to be completed in two years (and about a dozen too late).

Anyone heard if the Destroyer kit rekit rumor to include the Lord and Heavy option has any legs (no pun intended)?

Defenestratus
12-11-2014, 09:43 AM

Is the era of the supplement over in lieu of dataslates?

I'm interested in some factions getting their own unique rules - like craftworld specific eldar, Ork clans, etc...

Path Walker
12-11-2014, 10:00 AM

I'm interested in some factions getting their own unique rules - like craftworld specific eldar, Ork clans, etc...

Of the last few codexes, most have had Supplements still, supplements with datasheets and formations and detachments, a dataslate is basically a small supplement

Gleipnir
12-11-2014, 11:01 AM

Seems like if anything Supplements have been getting a bit more rules to them in the form of formations and separate FOC's if anything. Personally I am hoping we get a few years of supplements and new plastic models, since I hate Finecast

Kevin48220
12-11-2014, 05:23 PM
At the least, they'll have to either replace the finecast kits, or remove the models from the codex.

I honestly don't see them removing Crypteks, Lords, Overlords, and all of the special characters from the book, so we'll see plastic kits for most/all of those.
But, seeing the trends, it could be that the number of named special characters gets cut back and a few of those kits get retired, and the special characters become Lords of War.
Also likely to see at least one new HQ piece, maybe the Silent King, if the rumors are accurate from the Exterminatus book.

I think it's a 50/50 shot as to the survival of the Flayed Ones. Great flavor and fluff, but really, really bad in play. Could easily see these go away to make room for a new unit, of which we'll get at least one.
Figure we'll get either a redo of the C'Tan Shards, or maybe some sort of new kit for them. Figure they'll have some version of them in the codex and the Finecast piece needs to be replaced.

I could be mistaken, but I think that everything else in the range is plastic already. So not much to replace.
But I do see them adding at least one brand new unit and maybe a new vehicle of some kind--maybe some Necron Anti-Air--to make sure we buy some kits along with the the Codex/Supplemental Book 1-2 punch our wallets will already be taking.

Emperor be praised, this will be after the holidays, and I'll have holiday cash to blow on this stuff.

Bigred
12-11-2014, 08:07 PM
via BoLS 12-11-2014

Codex Necrons:

Schedule
Crammed into the GW schedule right before the new year.
Pre-orders Dec. 19th
Street date: Dec 26th
(Previous chatter from last month says first week of January)

Models
Little to no new models (a la Grey Knights)
(scattered chatter says perhaps 1 character clampack and 1 Destroyer/DestroyerLord plastic kit)

Rules
Look for Nerfs to the following:

Doom Scythes
Night Scythes

Tesla will get an overhaul to their rules.
Deathray will receive a big overhaul to how it targets models.

Characters remain fundamentally unchanged.
The Stormlord will recieve a Necron themed orbital bombardment of some type once per game.

Warlord Traits are good with some granting individual units USRs, while another listed granted an improved version of Reanimation Protocols

Rumors are rated: Above-Average, coming from known and unknown sources.

ElectricPaladin
12-11-2014, 08:10 PM
They better nerf mindshackle scarabs. Emperor, do I hate those.

Defenestratus
12-11-2014, 09:17 PM
They better nerf mindshackle scarabs. Emperor, do I hate those.

If this is all they change I'll be happy.

Charistoph
12-11-2014, 10:47 PM
I doubt it will be that little.

I expect the Royal Court to be completely changed. Either they will be upgrade units ala Broodlords, Sword Brethren, and Wolf Guard, or like IG Commisars, purchased straight out and assigned to units before deployment. Either way, we will likely see them gone as an independent unit.

Jared van Kell
12-12-2014, 07:45 AM
I would say that Imotekh the Stormlord is going to be a Lord of War alongside the Transcendent C'Tan, Terrasect Vault and Obelisk. The remaining special characters will be in the book although I think Anrakyr the Traveller may be cut from the roster as aside from improving a unit of Immortals he does not add anything more than normal Necron Lord would.

JvK :cool:

Proiteus
12-12-2014, 08:14 AM
What about the transcendent C'tan, of all things in 40k that need a real beating from the nerf bat!?!

ElectricPaladin
12-12-2014, 08:31 AM
What about the transcendent C'tan, of all things in 40k that need a real beating from the nerf bat!?!

I've never played against it - I have no idea how bad it is.

Path Walker
12-12-2014, 08:38 AM
I would say that Imotekh the Stormlord is going to be a Lord of War alongside the Transcendent C'Tan, Terrasect Vault and Obelisk. The remaining special characters will be in the book although I think Anrakyr the Traveller may be cut from the roster as aside from improving a unit of Immortals he does not add anything more than normal Necron Lord would.

Anrakyr the Traveller has a very recent model though, I don't know if they'll drop him but yeah, he doesn't add much game or fluff wise, if they were going to cut one, it would be him.

As long as they leave Trazyn. I love Trazyn.

Defenestratus
12-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Anrakyr the Traveller has a very recent model though, I don't know if they'll drop him but yeah, he doesn't add much game or fluff wise, if they were going to cut one, it would be him.

As long as they leave Trazyn. I love Trazyn.

Which one is the dude who can turn into a C'tan shard?

That guy is a douchebag :P

I had to kill him like 4 times in a single game with my wraithseer once. It was like a game of whack-a-mole for him.

Path Walker
12-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Which one is the dude who can turn into a C'tan shard?

That guy is a douchebag :P

I had to kill him like 4 times in a single game with my wraithseer once. It was like a game of whack-a-mole for him.

Orikan the Diviner in powered up The Stars Are Right mode is pretty much a C'tan shard

davethepak
12-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Necrons would be incredibly easy to update, however, gw rarely does things this way.

The book, while feeling incredibly OP WHEN IT CAME OUT, is clearly not dominating the table top in today's game.

For example, scythes were a huge deal when they came out, as no one had skyfire - today, with wave serpents (which are great AA), flyrants, skyrays, 75 point stalkers etc. they are not too big a deal. Are they undercosted compared to other units in the book? Absolutely. However, this is more a case of bad internal balance, not them being OMG OP!!!

Likewise, MSS were a very poor design choice - nercon heroes are absolutely terrible in CC (poor weapon skills, init, and other wargear compared to other HQ class CC heroes).
So, GW came up with MSS - a neat idea in fluff, and a way to give Necron characters a decent chance in CC -however, it is also incredibly annoying for players.
NO ONE likes feeling like they loose control of their character.

Overall, the Necron codex is not that bad to play against, it is just not very fun to play either - it suffers from terrible internal balance; there is a reason may lists look similar.

It would be very easy to "fix" the codex;

1 - Barges, scythes, and ctan all have BASE costs of 110 points.
2 - Flayed ones get rending and/or moved to troops.
3 - Monoliths can actually fire their weapons (this is more an issue with how ordinance rules are written).
4 - MSS either give a boost to the lord (maybe giving them equal WS, A, and Init of the other unit) or a reduction to the other character (reduction in WS, or BS, similar to paroxysm).
5- Lychguard and praetorians need huge point reductions or just reworked.

Overall, the book is fine in the current game, just all the lists are the same.

DP

Proiteus
12-12-2014, 09:29 AM
I've never played against it - I have no idea how bad it is.

Not to go into too much detail but it moves 18 ignoring terrain, S&T 9, 6 wounds and a 3+/4* save. The nastiest of it's attacks are 6D6 Krak Missile shots and a apocalypse size flamer template D weapon, oh and when it and if it dies it does sgt 10 ap 2 hits to everything within 4D6 of his base. Oh and poison/sniper only wound it on a 6.

Roughly 1000pts but the size of a standard deamon prince, tabled my Grey Knights in two turns and that was before the rest of his army fired a shot! Most tournaments ban Lords Of Wars because of this monster.

Demonus
12-12-2014, 10:11 AM
It would be very easy to "fix" the codex;

1 - Barges, scythes, and ctan all have BASE costs of 110 points.
2 - Flayed ones get rending and/or moved to troops.
3 - Monoliths can actually fire their weapons (this is more an issue with how ordinance rules are written).
4 - MSS either give a boost to the lord (maybe giving them equal WS, A, and Init of the other unit) or a reduction to the other character (reduction in WS, or BS, similar to paroxysm).
5- Lychguard and praetorians need huge point reductions or just reworked.

I like these, Simple easy fixes to stuff. MSS could let the necron hit on 3+ or make opponent WS 1 or something.

davethepak
12-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Not to go into detail but it moves 18 ignoring terrain, S&T 9, 6 wounds and a 3+/4* save. The nastiest of it's attacks are 6D6 Krak Missile shots and a apocalypse size flamer template D weapon, oh and when it blows up it does sgt 10 ap 2 hits to everything within 4D6 of his base. Oh and poison/sniper only wound it on a 6.

Roughly 1000pts but the size of a standard deamon prince, tabled my Grey Knights in two turns and that was before the rest of his army fired a shot! Most tournaments ban Lords Of Wars because of this monster.

This is an lord of war internal balance issue more than any specific problem with that specific TCtan build.
A warhound Can blow it off the table before it moves. A tau tigershark or scythed heriodule won't even bother it.

However, this unit is not even in the the necron codex - the Ctan SHARD, which is, is so bad its painful (in fact, some players don't even know necrons still have ctan in their codex, they are so bad).

Back to the codex:

I really hope they can make the ctan shards viable - love the fluff and the models, would like for them to at least be decent.
(and yes, there are plenty of good fluffy reasons they could be lower power on the battlefield - their writers are just not good at creative justification)
Don't need them to be as good as a knight titan, but want them better than they are.

Again, my personal biggest desire is for more units to just to be viable - for more varied lists.

I play both with and against necrons (i.e. I am not just a necron player, but there are also other necron players in my area) and they like all armies, have weaknesses that smart players can exploit.
I just really want more good options in the dex. Do I expect them to be as good and diverse with options as my marines (who I love)? No. But better would be nice.

Hopefully we will also see some dynasty variation (similar to chapters or IA necron book) either in unit selections, or upgrades or warlord tables etc.

Oh, and I would love to use my pariah's again one day.

Dave Pak

Asymmetrical Xeno
12-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I want Pariahs back - and by that I mean the anti-warp Blanks, Lychguard don't count or have anything related to that. Hoping they won't get rid of Immortals as troops if they produce a shiny new warriors squad.

Andrew Thomas
12-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I want Pariahs back - and by that I mean the anti-warp Blanks, Lychguard don't count or have anything related to that. Hoping they won't get rid of Immortals as troops if they produce a shiny new warriors squad.

Agreed. Not only was it one of the more flavourful units in the old Codex, but it gives the army something they are sorely lacking: credible anti-psyker clout.

Charistoph
12-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Agreed. Not only was it one of the more flavourful units in the old Codex, but it gives the army something they are sorely lacking: credible anti-psyker clout.

At least not without relying on a Monstrous Creature taking up valuable Heavy Support slots...

HeavyMetalFury
12-12-2014, 12:29 PM
I would like to be able to use our elite section without feeling like I'm wasting points. Can't remember the exact fluff right now, but it would be nice if we could put more then just warriors in the ghost arks as well, whether that would work fluff wise or not. Although gw doesn't mind changing fluff, so who knows. I know they are gonna nerf tesla and I accept that but I would just like to be able to field more variety of units. It would be nice to be able to use destroyers again as well.

Demonus
12-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Making the Praetorians into the old Pariahs would be pretty keen. A mobile squad with an anti psyker ability

Defenestratus
12-13-2014, 11:08 AM
New 'cron warriors fistbumping with BAs?

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10861040_10205516164852707_7400132666227788493_o.j pg

Deadlift
12-13-2014, 11:18 AM
Not sure if a conversion or new model. My guess is it's just a rod change.

Brakkart
12-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Definately a new base size as those green Cron's are on the 32mm bases.

Mr Mystery
12-13-2014, 02:41 PM
I reckon it's new meself.

Has a top bar running along the barrel.

I also think that's a new Lord model as well. I don't recognise it from elsewhere.

Asymmetrical Xeno
12-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Yeah, the old warriors don't have that top bar on them, so it's either new or a conversion.

I'm scared my Immortals will be invalidated as troops to shift new warriors like the BA thing D: unlike my BA successors and other armies, the necrons are the one i actually like using/playing.

Bigred
12-14-2014, 12:57 AM
via Forge the Narrative (https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative?fref=photo) 12-13-2014

New Necron Lord, Warriors

Mr Mystery
12-14-2014, 03:56 AM
Seem Immortals remain Troops.

Photo there shows the formation needs 1 HQ and 3 Troops, and the accompanying photo shows Lord, 2 squads of Warriors and 1 squad of Immortals.

pidge90
12-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Seem Immortals remain Troops.

Photo there shows the formation needs 1 HQ and 3 Troops, and the accompanying photo shows Lord, 2 squads of Warriors and 1 squad of Immortals.

doesn't necessarily mean anything, look at the death company for the Blood Angels, troops in the Deathstorm datasheets but elites in the codex

also White Dwarf #46 shows that the 'new' necron warriors are simply a kit bash of the immortals/warriors kits so I doubt that there will be a change to the standard kit...

Jared van Kell
12-14-2014, 08:52 AM
Yeah, the old warriors don't have that top bar on them, so it's either new or a conversion.

The new White Dwarf shows it is a conversion.

Asymmetrical Xeno
12-14-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the confirmation. What about the overlord with the scythe?

Andersp90
12-21-2014, 07:02 PM

As long as they bring the four main C'tans back to life, I will be a happy man (so the BL books will make sense again).

We alredy know that the ability to balance units probably, is beyond the means of GW (hello maleceptor!), so a balanced codex is an unlikely outcome.

John Bower
12-21-2014, 07:26 PM

Trouble is that he was written purely for Apocalypse and not supposed to (originally) be used in normal games. Then some bright spark decided "Oh, let's try and sell some more of the really big expensive kits by allowing them in normal games" and tadaaaa, you wound up with guys like him trouncing whatever they come up against. Which only proves my point, on what level is Gazza of the Orks anywhere close to a TC? He isn't, they thought (wrongly again) that by turning some characters into Lords of War they would suddenly become 'acceptable'.

- - - Updated - - -

New 'cron warriors fistbumping with BAs?

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10861040_10205516164852707_7400132666227788493_o.j pg

Really? I didn't think it was that good that you had to do that on the cover.... ;)

Bigred
12-27-2014, 12:48 AM
via Darnok (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403299-Necron-Rumours-Mk-II&p=7340625&viewfull=1#post7340625) 12-23-2014

Necrons will hit on the 31th of January (so advance orders are up on the previous Friday, the 23rd). Codex, clampack character, and an army box - the latter probably a bit after the book/character.

Bigred
12-28-2014, 12:16 AM
via Nostromodamus (http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/12/plague-marines-and-new-chaos-cult.html#more) on 12-27-2014

There will be a plastic Cryptek along with a new Destroyer Lord. That is all I am aware of for Necrons at this time. Don't count on too many new units until the ranges are fully converted to plastic.

Brettila
12-29-2014, 12:35 PM
Conversion or not, I imagine the next iteration of warrior will be similar as they attempt to remove the green rods from the army. That would leave only the green bitz on the Monolith as the new Destroyer will eliminate them there as well.

Charistoph
12-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Conversion or not, I imagine the next iteration of warrior will be similar as they attempt to remove the green rods from the army. That would leave only the green bitz on the Monolith as the new Destroyer will eliminate them there as well.

That depends on which rumors pan out as being truth.

Warriors, Destroyers, and the Monolith are the only old plastic models left.

I've heard some rumors that Destroyers will get a new kit that will include the Heavy and Lord bits. I've also heard that this is bogus.

Those modified Warriors indicate that it is a possibility that Warriors have a new kit. Rumor mongers have said that this is also bogus.

I have heard that nothing new aside from Characters is coming down the pipe, so leaves the Monolith out. Besides, if the 'Lith gets a new kit, it almost HAST to be a dual kit with something nasty.

All just rumors and probably not true (no matter how accurate certain mongers have been in the past), but it's so much fun telling them anyway.

Personally, I could see Warriors getting a lesser Tesla weapon if they redo the sprue. And they would probably release a separate Scarab kit at the same time, too. Speaking of which, how many Warriors are on a sprue set? 4? What are the odds of a 20 Warrior box being released? They didn't do it with Kroot, but they've done it for a lot of singletons.

Necron2.0
01-02-2015, 11:06 AM
I doubt it will be that little.

I expect the Royal Court to be completely changed. Either they will be upgrade units ala Broodlords, Sword Brethren, and Wolf Guard, or like IG Commisars, purchased straight out and assigned to units before deployment. Either way, we will likely see them gone as an independent unit.

I hope not. I also hope they do nothing to the "Staff of Light" stats. You cannot imagine how much fun I've been having teleporting my lords and crypteks around, completely obliterating entire 10 man squads of space marines in one salvo, and then having scarabs intercept any nearby assault troops so my court can teleport out again.

Wicked fun.

Mr Mystery
01-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Remember to laugh when you do that. It's compulsory!

Charistoph
01-02-2015, 03:18 PM
I hope not. I also hope they do nothing to the "Staff of Light" stats. You cannot imagine how much fun I've been having teleporting my lords and crypteks around, completely obliterating entire 10 man squads of space marines in one salvo, and then having scarabs intercept any nearby assault troops so my court can teleport out again.

Wicked fun.

After seeing what happened with Blood Angels, especially after Space Wolves, I'd be really surprised if they DIDN'T do it. Not necessarily a WANT, mind, but that doesn't change the expectation.

If they do change the Staff Light, I hope the shooting attack stays as is, but adds a Power Staff-type profile as a secondary profile, much like how the Rod of the Covenant works. It may not need the Str bonus, but Concussive and AP:4 would be nice.

Necron2.0
01-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Actually, if they make all Necrons at least initiative 4, they can HAVE the staff of light. The idea that the Necrons would all be initiative 2 was patently retarded from the start. HELLO! They turned themselves into machines to eschew the weaknesses of flesh. Machines almost by definition are not slow and ponderous. Machines tend to be fast, fluid and precise. That's been the re-occurring theme throughout the industrial revolution. That's why machines have replaced humans in factories.

Worse yet, given that the Eldar were traditional enemies of the Necrontyr since long before the conversion, the notion that a mechanical form would be chosen that is child's play to defeat in melee combat, when the principle combatant is a specialist in melee combat, well that goes beyond simple retardation straight to the lobotomy ward. For as much as I slaughter Space Marines with my royal court, I routinely lose entire Warrior squads to sweeping advances, when the Warriors outnumber their attackers 4 to 1. That should almost never happen.

Charistoph
01-05-2015, 12:35 AM
Actually, if they make all Necrons at least initiative 4, they can HAVE the staff of light. The idea that the Necrons would all be initiative 2 was patently retarded from the start. HELLO! They turned themselves into machines to eschew the weaknesses of flesh. Machines almost by definition are not slow and ponderous. Machines tend to be fast, fluid and precise. That's been the re-occurring theme throughout the industrial revolution. That's why machines have replaced humans in factories.

Worse yet, given that the Eldar were traditional enemies of the Necrontyr since long before the conversion, the notion that a mechanical form would be chosen that is child's play to defeat in melee combat, when the principle combatant is a specialist in melee combat, well that goes beyond simple retardation straight to the lobotomy ward. For as much as I slaughter Space Marines with my royal court, I routinely lose entire Warrior squads to sweeping advances, when the Warriors outnumber their attackers 4 to 1. That should almost never happen.

It may not be the machine, but the mind behind it. For starters the Necrontyr (and the Necrons who followed them) had a predilection for using firepower to solve their issues instead of fisticuffs, much like the Tau. If one is not trained or desired to use close combat as part of one's evolution, one tends not to be very quick on the draw. Of course, that's a chicken/egg thing, too. If one is slow in close combat, ranged combat is where you prefer to work.

And from what I understand, the Eldar as they are today weren't really brought in to play until after the Biotransference, because the Old Ones forces could easily handle them before then. Depends on the source material you choose to follow, I guess.

Charon
01-05-2015, 01:49 AM
They turned themselves into machines to eschew the weaknesses of flesh.

Thats Mechanicum or Iron Hands.
Necrontyr fled their bodies to escape their short live spans and were tricked by their pokemon gods. Most of them did not even receive high quality bodies.

Houghten
01-05-2015, 03:50 AM
I can't see a distinction between "escape their short lifespans" and "escape the weakness of flesh."

Charon
01-05-2015, 06:19 AM
Probably because they wanted to keep their "weak flesh" and now actively seek to inherit "weak flesh" again? A strange thing to do if you want to stay away from "weak flesh".

Charistoph
01-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Probably because they wanted to keep their "weak flesh" and now actively seek to inherit "weak flesh" again? A strange thing to do if you want to stay away from "weak flesh".

One cannot change their minds? They only wanted to go back after the learned the price of Biotransference.

Charon
01-05-2015, 09:13 AM
And one of the disadvantages in having to carry areound a robot frame is most probably slower reflexes to bad wiring, sensors,..
Not illogical at all that they are I2

Path Walker
01-05-2015, 09:15 AM
They didn't realise the biotranseferance would gradually strip them of their souls and personality,. As they lost more and more of themselves, their leaders, with better bodies and transfer protocols, realised what they'd lost, that is when they wanted a return to the flesh.

The basic warriors rely on subroutines as they're machines, reacting to the flow of combat is difficult for them as they can't make decisions. Thats why they're I2

Jared van Kell
01-05-2015, 09:25 AM
The fact is if Necrons regained their bodies, it would not go well for them as the majority of their race lack anything worth transferring back into the flash.

Path Walker
01-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Not in the slightest, do they still have souls? Or where they sacrificed when they were uploaded?

Its a tragedy, the few of them capable of wanting anything any more can no longer get the one thing they really want or need as a race, they're a dead race going through the motions, same as the eldar, all they can do is attempt to stave off their extinction, they can't make more Necrons, only awake those that still sleep and they degrade over time, which is why most are brainless and the rest are increasingly unstable. Without flesh bodies, they aren't going to last.

Divergent Reality
01-05-2015, 11:35 AM
They didn't realise the biotranseferance would gradually strip them of their souls and personality

There was no gradual strip of souls. They died flat out during biotransferrence. Their minds were limited to what chassis they were strapped into. Lord, Immortal or Warrior type. Each had more or less allowances for mental capabilities.

Charistoph
01-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Not in the slightest, do they still have souls? Or where they sacrificed when they were uploaded?

Its a tragedy, the few of them capable of wanting anything any more can no longer get the one thing they really want or need as a race, they're a dead race going through the motions, same as the eldar, all they can do is attempt to stave off their extinction, they can't make more Necrons, only awake those that still sleep and they degrade over time, which is why most are brainless and the rest are increasingly unstable. Without flesh bodies, they aren't going to last.

That's not quite true. There is at least one Tomb World is noted for continuing the Biotransference process with aliens (to them) that they capture in conquests and raids. Instead of Necrontyr, they are getting Hivers and Orks.

Necron2.0
01-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Well, I shall reiterate. Losing entire squads to single digit figures who are outnumbered 4 to 1 is not really enjoyable to anyone, anymore than my overlord court instant death squad is in reality (sure, it was fun the first couple times, but used too much it gets lame).

As for fluffiness, if the warriors were either that brain damaged or else if their circuitry was that faulty, they would be effectively constructs like the Canoptek Scarabs, meaning they'd be fearless. Basically, if you're too dumb to run, you're too dumb to know you should. So yes, I2 is flat out retarded, especially for an army-wide rule.

Erik Setzer
01-08-2015, 08:27 AM
Well, I shall reiterate. Losing entire squads to single digit figures who are outnumbered 4 to 1 is not really enjoyable to anyone, anymore than my overlord court instant death squad is in reality (sure, it was fun the first couple times, but used too much it gets lame).

The only thing saving Orks from a similar fate is the new mob rule that just means you suffer more casualties, until you no longer outnumber them that much, at which point you run away and are instantly wiped out because savage brutes literally created for war who enjoy getting up close and bashing things while laughing and dancing have a whopping I2.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Necrons should have better stats, but they still run windows 95 and they still havent learnt to backup their data properly.

Mr Mystery
01-08-2015, 04:52 PM
The only thing saving Orks from a similar fate is the new mob rule that just means you suffer more casualties, until you no longer outnumber them that much, at which point you run away and are instantly wiped out because savage brutes literally created for war who enjoy getting up close and bashing things while laughing and dancing have a whopping I2.

And always have had I2. So your point would be?

As for the change of Mob Rule....that was written for a previous edition, where Fearless units took additional wounds rather than breaking. That rule was removed, which made Orks horribly difficult to take on for many armies. The current version is nothing in comparison, and can keep your Mob in the fight long after any other unit would have fled.

Erik Setzer
01-08-2015, 08:40 PM
And always have had I2. So your point would be?

As for the change of Mob Rule....that was written for a previous edition, where Fearless units took additional wounds rather than breaking. That rule was removed, which made Orks horribly difficult to take on for many armies. The current version is nothing in comparison, and can keep your Mob in the fight long after any other unit would have fled.

Necrons have always had I2. My point was that fluff doesn't always translate cleanly to game rules.

And no, Orks don't really stick around that well, unless they're fighting something that isn't that good in combat or is very low in number. I can hold up Murderface McMurderpants for maybe 2-3 rounds with a nice sized unit before the combination of his kills and their self-inflicted wounds breaks the unit. Tau, sure, I can take them on if I don't take too many casualties to Overwatch. A smart Marine player? Ha, no. (Granted, that might just be from me knowing how Marines and Orks work and how to neutralize Orks with Marines. I suppose most Marine players won't know those tricks, and I'm not going to go running my mouth to help them.)

Erik Setzer
01-13-2015, 11:01 AM
Just heard that the WD teaser includes "An Ancient Evil Rises..." which some are taking to mean Necron pre-orders will start popping up next week.

Necron2.0
01-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Necrons have NOT always had I2 universally. Lords and Flayed Ones used to be I4, while Wraiths used to be I6. On top of that, Flayed Ones had 3+ armor, giving the ability to hang in a knife fight for awhile. Warriors were I2, but then again they too had 3+ armor, didn't suffer wounds as readily as they do now, and so weren't as prone to getting caught in sweeping advances. Immortals also were I2, but had T5 and so were harder to wound, so they too weren't as prone to getting caught in sweeping advances. All in all, Necrons used to be more capable melee combatants, and their dedicate close combat units weren't so obviously ill-suited to it.

Charistoph
01-13-2015, 10:27 PM
The Scythes and C'tan were also able to say, "What Save?"

Charon
01-14-2015, 12:36 AM
Necrons have NOT always had I2 universally. Lords and Flayed Ones used to be I4, while Wraiths used to be I6. On top of that, Flayed Ones had 3+ armor, giving the ability to hang in a knife fight for awhile. Warriors were I2, but then again they too had 3+ armor, didn't suffer wounds as readily as they do now, and so weren't as prone to getting caught in sweeping advances. Immortals also were I2, but had T5 and so were harder to wound, so they too weren't as prone to getting caught in sweeping advances. All in all, Necrons used to be more capable melee combatants, and their dedicate close combat units weren't so obviously ill-suited to it.

Grotesques were immune to shooting up to S4, Archons used to have combat drugs and Jetbikes, Hellions used to have S4, Incubi used to have shooting attacks and options for Blasters, Dark Eldar used to always have the first turn... so whats your point?

Erik Setzer
01-14-2015, 08:22 AM
And Orks used to be able to take up to three specialized weapons in a squad, could take power weapons (burnas) in regular Boyz mobs, could reduce saves of better than 4+ down to 4+... Oh, and they also had power weapons for Nobz, but I think that was only in the lists that were released with 3rd edition and the playtest list that got leaked, but you can still see them on the Nobz models.

Or heck, let's just go back to 2nd editions. Orks had WS3, BS3, A1, much more access to ranged weapons, an entire unit that infiltrated and had power weapons...

So yeah. Times change.

Necron2.0
01-17-2015, 01:22 PM
Let's stay focused, shall we? Everyone can see it is something completely different to make minor flavor changes to individual units than to say, "Yeah, you're entire army is going to suck at hand-to-hand. Even your dedicated melee specialist units are going to completely suck at it. In an edition that does not favor melee combat already, your guys are going to be the hands-down undisputed miserable failures at it."

Charon
01-17-2015, 01:23 PM
Are you talking about DE Wyches?

John Bower
01-17-2015, 03:54 PM
Just heard that the WD teaser includes "An Ancient Evil Rises..." which some are taking to mean Necron pre-orders will start popping up next week.

Just seen a pic of next WD that shows Necron Dex under pre-orders

Defenestratus
01-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Looks like Necrons are getting "Psychic" powers.

http://i.imgur.com/SE01CMZ.jpg

Mr Mystery
01-17-2015, 06:36 PM
There goes my wages!

Fuppylodders
01-17-2015, 07:35 PM
Looks like Necrons are getting a bloody expensive single plastic model <.>

Houghten
01-17-2015, 08:06 PM
That's nearly Space Marine price, that is.

What's doubly daft is it's only £5.50 cheaper than a Lord on a Barge.

Also that warscythe head wants swapping for a proper one.

Erik Setzer
01-17-2015, 11:33 PM
Might not be psychic powers. It says "C'tan cards." Remember the Dark Eldar had combat drug cards. They have to throw something in there, can't just be Tactical Objective cards. Doesn't mean it's psychic powers.

BananaDynasty
01-18-2015, 01:08 AM
That's nearly Space Marine price, that is.

What's doubly daft is it's only £5.50 cheaper than a Lord on a Barge.

Also that warscythe head wants swapping for a proper one.

I can't agree with you more. Why pay £17 for a character when you could buy the barge and just slap the lord you get inside it on a larger base. Unless the barge is "out of stock" for a while I don't seeing it being high on anybody's purchase list.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-18-2015, 01:46 AM
I'll pick up the codex but that overlord way too expensive for me - like BananaDynasty said, I got the annihilation barge and just used the overlord from that since I made the gun platform part and a simple headswap made it look unique.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-18-2015, 04:39 AM
A £17 model is too expensive but you'll happily buy a £30 book? Your logic evades me.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-18-2015, 04:52 AM
A £17 model is too expensive but you'll happily buy a £30 book? Your logic evades me.

A book is something I'll come back to again and again down the years (especially for the stories, backround and art) so it is more worth it to me, infact books in general are the one thing I do not mind splurging a bit on if it's something I really love - you can call me a book whore. The Overlord on the other hand is something I already got one of, and a new one would only sit on the shelf collecting dust since I don't play the game. Btw, havent seen you on FB for ages - how are your armies going?

Mr Mystery
01-18-2015, 05:09 AM
I can't agree with you more. Why pay £17 for a character when you could buy the barge and just slap the lord you get inside it on a larger base. Unless the barge is "out of stock" for a while I don't seeing it being high on anybody's purchase list.

For me as a Necron player? Simple variety. Barge Lord isn't really grand enough to be an Overlord in my army. This one is.

YMMV of course :)

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-18-2015, 05:23 AM
For me as a Necron player? Simple variety. Barge Lord isn't really grand enough to be an Overlord in my army. This one is.

We have a choice of two plastic overlords now and if the new one is as easily converted as the Barge one that's good too.

I'd really like to see a plastic cryptek too though.

Houghten
01-18-2015, 06:11 AM

...because you need the updated rules in order to continue playing the army, but your old overlord still works fine?

Also, I wouldn't exactly describe the purchase as a "happy" one. More like "grudgingly buy a £30 book."

Barge Lord isn't really grand enough to be an Overlord in my army. This one is.

I've found an arm swap makes all the difference. Give him the one-handed warscythe from the Lychguard kit and boom, he goes from "I point, you punch!" to "Come to me, fleshling, if you seek death."

I'd really like to see a plastic cryptek too though.

I've got a plastic cryptek! He's made out of a Warrior body and various leftover bits.

Defenestratus
01-18-2015, 08:10 AM
At least its not a $30 sanguinary priest.

:rolleyes:

Bigred
01-18-2015, 10:40 AM
via Forge the Narrative (https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative) 1-18-2015

Necrons codex and product pics!

Houghten
01-18-2015, 11:04 AM
So... no Supplement in the Cryptek Edition, then.

MarneusCalgar
01-18-2015, 12:10 PM
via TKoS (http://natfka.blogspot.com.es/2015/01/necron-lords-and-royal-court-rules-leaks.html) on Faeit 212 1-18-2015

I have your first Necron leak for you.

There will be a few new rules but no new units (And the obligatory 7th Ed “Balance” that we have all come to know and love)

a grand total of 12 hot new formations, ranging from mostly chaff to absolutely broken.

One of the bigger changes is that Cryptexs and Necron Lords now occupy an HQ slot of their own. For every HQ character in your list, you are allowed to take one of the new Cryptex/Lord detachment (ala warlock council) which is between one and five characters each.

The old royal courts we know and love are gone, but are now a formation (Aptly called a Royal Court) consisting of an Overlord, 1+ Cryptexs, and 1+ Lords.
The Overlord may not take a Command Barge, and all the characters are clumped into one unit.
+1 to reanimation protocol (which is not going away or changing) which stacks with a resurrection orb, and some other buffs that I can’t remember, but one had to do with phaerons (Oh, and any phaeron in your detachment MUST be your overlord).

Cutter
01-19-2015, 03:11 AM
So... no Supplement in the Cryptek Edition, then.

No, it's a key part of GW's ongoing strategy that every 'LE' Codex is a random asemblage of whatever comes to hand. I suspect they may have a d66 chart for it.

If we include the upcoming Necron release that'll make 7 codices, 2 with supplements included, 5 with art prints, 5 with objective tokens, 4 with painting guides, 2 with datacards and 1 with a map.

As insane a proposition as it would have been I might have been tempted to spring for the Bangles LE if they had included some metal objective tokens, but they couldn't be arsed, so 70 quid 'saved'.

Erik Setzer
01-19-2015, 05:58 AM
No, it's a key part of GW's ongoing strategy that every 'LE' Codex is a random asemblage of whatever comes to hand. I suspect they may have a d66 chart for it.

If we include the upcoming Necron release that'll make 7 codices, 2 with supplements included, 5 with art prints, 5 with objective tokens, 4 with painting guides, 2 with datacards and 1 with a map.

As insane a proposition as it would have been I might have been tempted to spring for the Bangles LE if they had included some metal objective tokens, but they couldn't be arsed, so 70 quid 'saved'.

Wow. I got lucky as an Ork player (with about the only bone GW will throw us). We got the best combo of price and contents. Granted, they still screwed up putting the numbers on them, then sent out stickers, and my sticker was actually a higher number than the number of copies they'd sold at that point (there was still a good stock left on their website). The tokens have been pretty useful, too.

Cutter
01-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Wow. I got lucky as an Ork player (with about the only bone GW will throw us). We got the best combo of price and contents. Granted, they still screwed up putting the numbers on them, then sent out stickers, and my sticker was actually a higher number than the number of copies they'd sold at that point (there was still a good stock left on their website). The tokens have been pretty useful, too.

I tend to agree Erik, getting the supplement a little early and a fluffy set of tokens was a comparative winner. And I think it sold well for them, disappeared pretty quick as I recall. But then they got strange by having 2 LE sets for the Spikings, which presumably didn't work as well.

Don't know why the codices before and after the Bangles got datacards, but I covet the objective tokens more, even if the DE ones were plastic, sorry, acrylic.

And so the LE Bangles book languishes still on the website, over a month after it was released.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for Bubblehammer's army books :rolleyes:

Bigred
01-19-2015, 09:41 AM
via Archibald_TK (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403299-Necron-Rumours-Mk-II&p=7362138&viewfull=1#post7362138) 1-19-2015

Necrons have a whole new way to build an army! The Decurion. It's both opening a lot of options and restrictive at the same time, as weird as it sounds. You can use it instead of normal FoC if you want. also keep in mind that it's the usual me reading the WD super fast when I have the time so there may be mistakes:

You basically can chose a base formation that includes all of your basic units.
It must contain: - 1 Overlord (or Zandrek, Anraky, Trazyn or a Barge), 2 units of Warriors, 1 of Immortal and 1 of Tomb Blades.
You lose Objectives Secured, Overlord and all units from this formation within 12" reroll 1 to Protocols, and two fluffy but not usually useful rules: Move through Cover and Relentless (in case you really want to charge with your Warriors/Immortals after shooting =/, which is funny because even in the WD they realize it's the only use).
You can add 6 units of Warriors, 3 of Immortals, 2 Lychguards, 2 Tomb Blades if I remember correctly and 3 Monoliths.
No reroll on the Warlord table for it, probably because it's not really a normal detachment.

Once done you can add a Royal court formation: 1 Overlord (same as previously except it can be the Stormlord now), up to 3 Cryptek and up to 3 Lords.

Then, you can add up to 10 of the available formations, which are all about a theme, in any number if I've read it right, (which I'll be able to confirm later today) so you can go full Destroyer if you want for example:
- One is 1 Destroyer Lord, 3 units of Destroyer, and can add 1 unit of Heavy Destroyers (Ohhhhhhhhh, they are no longer Destroyer upgrades?).
- One allow you to add a Nightbringer Shard, Deceiver Shard, ACtan or Vault. (Ohhhhhhhh, they refer to the shards by their name!)
- One is 2 Annihilation Barge and a Doomsday Ark
- I think there is one with an Obelisk and 2 Monoliths.
- One is 1 Spyder, 1 unit of Wraiths, 1 of Scarabs
- 1 Stalker and 2 Praetorians
- 1 unit of Deathmarks (yup, just 1 if I remember right)
- 1 unit of Flayed Ones
- One is up to 4 Doom Scythes (remember folks, I go from memory so I may be messing up numbers)
And so on, I have no idea if these formations can be taken outside of the Decurion, as I didn't have enough time to read in detail. Also I'm pretty sure that there are no Night Scythes and Ghost Arks formations, thus they shall still be dedicated transports I suppose.

Also I do not expect anything else for the Necrons as the end of the WD refer for the following week to "Dance of Death".

Cutter
01-19-2015, 09:57 AM

"Is that good squeezy...?"

Defenestratus
01-19-2015, 10:04 AM
Seems to me like GW is trying to make the game's roster creation at the "Formation" level of granularity instead of at the "Unit" level.

Of course there's always unbound - but still... throwing big perks at having formations (like in the BAngels book) is definitely using rules to drive sales IMO.

Andrew Thomas
01-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't invest in this faction at all? Hopefully, Entropic Strike doesn't get nerfed, cuz that's my list of choice, along with Maynarch.

Charistoph
01-19-2015, 10:14 AM
It also kind of reminds me of how Dropzone and Planetfall do their army creation.

Interesting...

Erik Setzer
01-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Seems to me like GW is trying to make the game's roster creation at the "Formation" level of granularity instead of at the "Unit" level.

Of course there's always unbound - but still... throwing big perks at having formations (like in the BAngels book) is definitely using rules to drive sales IMO.

Similar to how when Space Marine became "Epic 40,000" they threw out the method of building armies with companies and tank squadrons and went for armies of "formations" that have seemingly random units.

Path Walker
01-19-2015, 11:27 AM
I think Formations are great, they encourage fluffier builds and give you bonuses that make them tempting to use. I love Killa Kans, but I have always just given them Rokkits, now there is a bonus if i use one with each weapon that means they can deep strike along with a mob of nobs and Grukk? Or maybe as a Dread Mob so they all get Hammer of Wrath attacks? And all the formations represent actual historical units that explain why they have the bonuses they do.

Its a cool way of making army lists and I hope it is here to stay.

Mr Mystery
01-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Definitely a fan of increased variety.

As long as the FoC selection doesn't get wiped entirely, not sure where the downside is!

ShadowcatX
01-19-2015, 02:16 PM

Sounds like Nightbringer and Deceiver are becoming Lords of War. (I hope this is the case.)

Demonus
01-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Hopefully with most of their old rules...

MarneusCalgar
01-21-2015, 06:59 AM
Finally, they are revealed!

http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2015/01/rumores-portada-de-la-wd-semanal-52.html

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-21-2015, 08:30 AM
Good to see a clearer pic of the Overlord, the headpiece looks notably different compared to previous ones - I wonder if it's intended more as Phaeron as it looks a bit more gradiose like that.

I am in love with that cover art. Much more like it!

Defenestratus
01-21-2015, 09:06 AM
*Boggle*

http://i.imgur.com/HdWt2NJ.jpg
Lord looks like he's got a jester's hat on.
http://i.imgur.com/RQ6mkpm.jpg

Erik Setzer
01-21-2015, 09:14 AM
So now Necrons have a force organization table/chart/diagram/flowchart/whatever that involves taking core armies, with detachments like formations being attached to the core army?

I'm not sure how I feel about that. Seems overly complicated, honestly. And more geared toward larger matches.

Charistoph
01-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Very interesting.

It IS a lot like what I've read PlanetFall's Helix system is like. You have a Core (Reclamation Legion), then add on to it with groups from there.

Defenestratus
01-21-2015, 09:30 AM
I actually like this. It will cut down on the amount of broken lists that can be taken, while at the same time allowing plenty of flexibility.

I see they snuck Tomb Blades in there as mandatory. If there's one unit that I can honestly say that I've never seen on a 40k tabletop, its tomb blades. I hope that GW doesn't use things like this to force feed us in order to drive sales of slow moving models.

The big question is, why would someone take a decurion formation? What does it give you? What DON'T you get if you don't take a decurion. Surely they wouldn't take away reclamation protocols unless you take the decurion...

Charistoph
01-21-2015, 09:36 AM
I actually like this. It will cut down on the amount of broken lists that can be taken, while at the same time allowing plenty of flexibility.

I doubt it, really. There is always Unbound (but good luck getting any games with it) and still the classic CAD, AD, and the Detachments in IA 12 and Baal: Exterminatus.

The really interesting question is if this will be added to future codices, and what would THEY be like?

It will also be interesting to see how programs like BattleScribe handle this.

40kGamer
01-21-2015, 09:42 AM
I doubt it, really. There is always Unbound (but good luck getting any games with it) and still the classic CAD, AD, and the Detachments in IA 12 and Baal: Exterminatus.

The really interesting question is if this will be added to future codices, and what would THEY be like?

I've yet to play any games where unbound or multi-CAD have been allowed so this new layout is interesting.

Defenestratus
01-21-2015, 09:49 AM

On the front page I commented "Poor, poor Ab40k maintainers..."

Your point about the different detachment options all boils down to what you get for using these detachments. If people think that using the decurion gives you an advantage that you can't get with CAD, Unbound, then people will start using it hopefully.

Otherwise this will be a wasted effort because people won't want to be tied to such a strict formulae to create their armies. Not being able to mix destroyers, canopteks and triarchs is pretty brutal that would need a pretty nice benefit in order to swallow.

Path Walker
01-21-2015, 09:55 AM
On the front page I commented "Poor, poor Ab40k maintainers..."

Your point about the different detachment options all boils down to what you get for using these detachments. If people think that using the decurion gives you an advantage that you can't get with CAD, Unbound, then people will start using it hopefully.

Otherwise this will be a wasted effort because people won't want to be tied to such a strict formulae to create their armies. Not being able to mix destroyers, canopteks and triarchs is pretty brutal that would need a pretty nice benefit in order to swallow.

Why do you think you can't mix destoyers, canopteks and triarchs? You can have 1-10 Auxillary Choices per Reclamation League

Mr Mystery
01-21-2015, 10:08 AM
I see they snuck Tomb Blades in there as mandatory. If there's one unit that I can honestly say that I've never seen on a 40k tabletop, its tomb blades. I hope that GW doesn't use things like this to force feed us in order to drive sales of slow moving models.

I've used them - a unit of 5 with the Particle Cannon things don't break the bank, and can be used to good effect, especially if you find an enemy unit which bunched up - the speed of the bikes helps to catch them out.

And those kits are really, really nice!

Erik Setzer
01-21-2015, 10:22 AM
I've yet to play any games where unbound or multi-CAD have been allowed so this new layout is interesting.

I've actually seen a few already. Most people are still in "CAD and AD" mindset, but as they've been shown all the ways you can build an army, they've opened up more. You can do lists that are seriously broken with the old standard CAD, so it's not bad to go with other stuff and just make a gentlemanly agreement to not be a, hm, "Richard."

Bigred
01-21-2015, 10:59 AM
via La Taburna de Laurana (http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/2015/01/rumores-portada-de-la-wd-semanal-52.html) 1-21-2015

Necron Codex & Plastic Lord

Defenestratus
01-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Why do you think you can't mix destoyers, canopteks and triarchs? You can have 1-10 Auxillary Choices per Reclamation League

Yeah I guess I missed that. Why the hell did they layout the chart like that. Those choices all look mutually exclusive.

Clockwork
01-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Looks like it's a super formation of other formations.

Deadlift
01-21-2015, 03:13 PM
I've used them - a unit of 5 with the Particle Cannon things don't break the bank, and can be used to good effect, especially if you find an enemy unit which bunched up - the speed of the bikes helps to catch them out.

And those kits are really, really nice!

Yep, I used them quite a bit. Great inexpensive unit that catches your opponent out.

Erik Setzer
01-21-2015, 03:13 PM
Looks like it's a super formation of other formations.

Yep.

"Yo dawgs, I heard you like formations, so we made formations of formations!"

Bigred
01-21-2015, 03:16 PM

Clockwork
01-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Yep.

"Yo dawgs, I heard you like formations, so we made formations of formations!"

They were already doing that in 6th with the Tyranid Dataslates. The 3rd one contained a formation made of all the other formations in all three of the dataslates.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-21-2015, 04:22 PM
That red colour scheme is SUPER nice.

Defenestratus
01-21-2015, 04:33 PM
so the question "what do you get for taking this crazy formation" is apparently, a lot...

via Old Primarch missed in the Eye of Terror on Faeit 212
Here are the special rules for a Reclamation Legion
Move through cover
Relentless

Enhanced Reanimation Protocols: Re-roll reanimation protocols of a 1 within 12 inches of the overlord

Can't think of a reason why Relentless would be useful on Necrons unless someone is getting the SALVO'd treatment like DE did.

Charon
01-21-2015, 04:41 PM
Assault after shooting their rapid fire weapons. Srsly... thats it.

Clockwork
01-21-2015, 07:48 PM
It's Move Through Cover, Relentless and the Overlord and models in the formation in 12" of him re-roll 1s on their Reanimation Protocol Checks.

So no, it's not only assault after rapid firing.

And it has a use because sometimes assaulting is better then standing in the open waiting to get shot. It's tactical flexibility.

BananaDynasty
01-22-2015, 12:38 AM

The first line of after new force ogre pic mentions a command barge can be taken in place of a Overlord. So is it safe to say that means a barge lord is now a separate unit now like what they did with the Destroyer Lord?

Houghten
01-22-2015, 01:56 AM
Probably one with restricted options so you can only use what's in the kit.

Charon
01-22-2015, 02:37 AM
It's Move Through Cover, Relentless and the Overlord and models in the formation in 12" of him re-roll 1s on their Reanimation Protocol Checks.

And it has a use because sometimes assaulting is better then standing in the open waiting to get shot. It's tactical flexibility.

How is that relevant when the question was only about relentless?

Mr Mystery
01-22-2015, 05:20 AM

Might be the Warhammer player, but it's almost always better to charge than be charged. Not least because for Necrons, we double our attacks, and reduce the incoming enemy attacks. Plus, apart from rubbishy I2, we're actually fairly tasty in a fight. Certainly no worse than a Tactical Marine, and there's many things they can easily have in combat.

Arkhan Land
01-22-2015, 08:58 AM
as cool as ALL of this looks I am now not even leaning on the fence of trying to start this army

excited to fight them though!

Bigred
01-22-2015, 12:12 PM
via Archibald_TK (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403299-Necron-Rumours-Mk-II&p=7362138&viewfull=1#post7362138) on Warseer 01-21-2015

C'Tan Info

Regarding the CTans, WD seems to really make a difference between Shards of the Deceiver, Nightbringer, Trans CTan and the Vault. This is how their power work:
- During the shooting phase, chose an enemy unit.
- Roll a D6 or pick a card to determine the attack it suffers.
- The randomness represents the CTan basically doing whatever he wants when released on a battlefield.
- Each attack comes in 2 Flavors.
- The first one, supposedly already devastating, is used by the two shards and the Trans CTan.
- The second one, that appears to be the powerful Apocalypse effect, is for the Vault.

MarneusCalgar
01-22-2015, 01:57 PM

Thanks for quoting us!

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-23-2015, 01:15 PM
It's up now!

Bought the Overlord after all, along with the codex and cards.

Dammit, I'm such a necron fanboy.

EDIT : I know I said I wouldn't get the Overlord but the Mindshackle scarab made me.

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Codex and cards for me!

40kGamer
01-23-2015, 01:27 PM
Nabbing the codex... I'm angling for a full set of hardbacks! :p

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-23-2015, 01:27 PM
Codex and cards for me!

I hope theres new backround in the codex to write death-robot music out of.

Necron2.0
01-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Yep, as someone already mentioned, if they scrap the FOC entirely then the new formations are orchestrated solely to force the poor dumb gamer plebeian to fork over their tribute. You want to play Necrons, you HAVE to buy Tomb Blades. Want Scarabs, you need Syders and Wraiths on a one-for-one per Scarab unit. You want specialty units, you've got to fork over $100 minimum for units you may not want and possibly cannot use.

Typical, actually, and not unexpected given GW's declining market share.

Erik Setzer
01-23-2015, 02:04 PM
Dear Necron Players,

We're sorry your special edition codex still costs $165 and only has a codex, some spare small copies of the unit rules, six metal tokens, some art, and a poster, as opposed to a codex, an entire second book with even more goodness, six metal tokens, and some art. But it's okay, I'm sure the poster and having small printouts so you don't have to use your book makes up for having a supplement.

Sincerely,
Ork Players

(Sorry, but we have to take our victories where we can get them, and having the best limited edition since the start of 7th edition is our biggest victory.)

Horncastle
01-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Yep, as someone already mentioned, if they scrap the FOC entirely then the new formations are orchestrated solely to force the poor dumb gamer plebeian to fork over their tribute. You want to play Necrons, you HAVE to buy Tomb Blades

Except as has already been pointed out you could just play unbound. It's not really as bad as everyone seems to think.

Erik Setzer
01-23-2015, 02:06 PM
Yep, as someone already mentioned, if they scrap the FOC entirely then the new formations are orchestrated solely to force the poor dumb gamer plebeian to fork over their tribute. You want to play Necrons, you HAVE to buy Tomb Blades. Want Scarabs, you need Syders and Wraiths on a one-for-one per Scarab unit. You want specialty units, you've got to fork over $100 minimum for units you may not want and possibly cannot use.

There's a Necron-specific detachment out there. And you can play Unbound instead of Battle-forged, or use a CAD. So you don't have to run this uber-formation unless you really, really, really want to.

40kGamer
01-23-2015, 02:06 PM
(Sorry, but we have to take our victories where we can get them, and having the best limited edition since the start of 7th edition is our biggest victory.)

The Space Wolves LE was pretty sweet. :p

Erik Setzer
01-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Except as has already been pointed out you could just play unbound. It's not really as bad as everyone seems to think.

Sample 500-point Battle-forged (not Unbound) army:

Detachment 1: Knight Errant
Detachment 2: 5 Legion of the Damned

Unbound allows more freedom to go nuts, but you can still be evil in BF armies.

- - - Updated - - -

The Space Wolves LE was pretty sweet. :p

To get the one with both rulebooks, you had to spend $250, not $165. It was a nice set, yeah. I think they all have been. but for value, I feel the Orks got the best.

Mainly, I'm just really surprised there wasn't a second book. IIRC, even the Dark Eldar had a painting book to go along with the tokens and small datasheets. Feels like the Necrons are getting ripped off a bit here.

Still not as bad as a $50 book with pictures of the 2014 model released (that's a thing), but it just feels... bleh. Good thing they only did 1000 of them.

40kGamer
01-23-2015, 02:13 PM
To get the one with both rulebooks, you had to spend $250, not $165. It was a nice set, yeah. I think they all have been. but for value, I feel the Orks got the best.

Mainly, I'm just really surprised there wasn't a second book. IIRC, even the Dark Eldar had a painting book to go along with the tokens and small datasheets. Feels like the Necrons are getting ripped off a bit here.

Still not as bad as a $50 book with pictures of the 2014 model released (that's a thing), but it just feels... bleh. Good thing they only did 1000 of them.

Silly Orks! Probably couldn't count enough teef to get up to the 250. :p

I surprised there isn't a second book too... seems like the crons got a bit of a bum deal on the LE front.

Charistoph
01-23-2015, 04:56 PM

There is absolutely no evidence that the role-based FOC detachment is going away any time soon. If anything, the Baal: Exterminatus campaign counters that assumption, as it contains such a detachment FOC inside, all the while presenting a Formation that includes units that do not exist by themselves.

Mr Mystery
01-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Dear Necron Players,

We're sorry your special edition codex still costs $165 and only has a codex, some spare small copies of the unit rules, six metal tokens, some art, and a poster, as opposed to a codex, an entire second book with even more goodness, six metal tokens, and some art. But it's okay, I'm sure the poster and having small printouts so you don't have to use your book makes up for having a supplement.

Sincerely,
Ork Players

Dear Players everywhere,

Try to remember there is no need to buy any of the Ltd Ed copies.

Erik Setzer
01-23-2015, 08:44 PM
Try to remember there is no need to buy any of the Ltd Ed copies.

1. I'm an Ork player.
2. The Ork LE had two $50 books ($100) plus Ork tokens, and Ork art, for $165.
3. I am so into Orks/Orcs that I'm surprised my skin hasn't turned green yet. I have them for 40K, WFB, Space Marine (Epic), Warmaster, Man'O'War, Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Battlefleet Gothic... Pretty much every game GW's made with Orcs or Orks. My main in WoW is an Orc Shaman because he's a green Orc.

So yes, I HAD to buy the Ork limited edition set.

(I may not be representative of the normal player base, though. Or normal people. Or any semblance of normalcy.)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-24-2015, 03:20 AM
I'm an Imperium fanboy, yet I own no Imperial Codicies... Weird.

Though I will soon have both an Imperial Guard army and a Space Marine army this year

Erik Setzer
01-24-2015, 08:34 AM
I'm an Imperium fanboy, yet I own no Imperial Codicies... Weird.

You're a fanboy. I'm a fanatic. Fanboy would be a step down for me. :-P

On the core topic, I really like Necrons, but probably will hold off on buying the codex until I can finally afford to start an army. Might get the cards just in case, but there's multiple local Necron players and they might need to snatch up their own cards first, so I'll let them have first dibs.

Bigred
01-24-2015, 09:02 AM
via Gary's bird (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/4v3mv6kZ0RM/more-necron-codex-leaks-army-special.html) 1-24-2014

Necron Special Rules
Reanimation Protocols are for whenever a model suffers an unsaved wound and can be used against "no saves of any kind" as RA is not a saving throw. It also works against instant death weapons, but not destroyer or removed from play. Standard is a 5+ and can never be improved better than a 4+. If you have fnp, and RA, you must choose which one to use., but not both.

Living Metal ignores shaken results but still loses a hull point. On the roll of a 6 at the end of the round, regain a lost hull point.

Necron Warlord Traits
1. Warlord has Eternal Warrior
2. Warlord has Zealot
3. Warlord and friendlies within 12" re-roll failed morale, pinning and fear
4. While warlord is alive, add or subtract 1 to reserve rolls and seize the initiative after the roll is made
5. Warlord and friendles within 12" have relentless and crusader
6. Warlord must accept challenges and re-rollls all failed to hit rolls in challenges. If an enemy refuses a challenge the Warlord gains hatred for rest of game.

Mr Mystery
01-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Living Metal just got a wee bit better.

Wonder if Monoliths will have better dakka this time? I get that they were toned down due to a greater variety of vehicles to choose from, but it was a bit lame.

Houghten
01-24-2015, 09:40 AM
Well, if we assume that they were toned down to sell Doomsday Arks and Night Scythes, it would follow that they'd be getting beefed back up (or at least that the others would be getting smacked down) to sell Monoliths to the Newcron players who only have Arks and Scythes.

DrLove42
01-24-2015, 09:49 AM
So Reanimation is basically FNP+ now. Im fine with that, its a lot more straightforward.

On multiwound characters, do you roll once for every wound lost or when they lose their last one. If its every wound thats a significant boost to anything with multiwounds

Mr Mystery
01-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Well, if we assume that they were toned down to sell Doomsday Arks and Night Scythes, it would follow that they'd be getting beefed back up (or at least that the others would be getting smacked down) to sell Monoliths to the Newcron players who only have Arks and Scythes.

I guess.

I'd like to see it return to being near invincible, but a bit of a beef up is just as welcome, and more realistic!

BananaDynasty
01-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Those are some god awful warlord traits.

Defenestratus
01-24-2015, 12:02 PM
O. M. G.

These changes look amazing for necrons. Flayed ones look downright scary. 2 Wound destroyers. Praetorians 2x as effective in close combat (as if they needed that), wraiths T5 now... I think Eldar are going to get pushed aside as the most powerful tournament list if this turns out to be true...

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Some stat changes I noticed:
Overlords (and the othet special character overlords)- WS and BS 5 instead
of 4
Lords - 2 wounds instead of 1
Cryptek - 2 wounds instead of 1
Orikan the Diviner- once the change in stats happens, it remains for the
entire game!
Flayed ones - same stats but now have 2 weapons (flayer claws, AP5, shred)
so have 4 attacks total.
Triarch praetorians - 2 attacks instead of 1.
Canoptek Wraiths - Toughness 5 instead of 4
Destroyers (both versions) - 2 wounds instead of 1 (finally)
Obelisk - 14 AV all around, instead of 12.

The Phase shifter, which is now 4+ inv save instead of 3+, states
specifically that it doesnt work on the catacomb Barge, just the Overlord.

Death Ray - now is 24" S10, AP1, Heavy 1, Blast, Lance
Doomsday cannon, +1 strength to both profiles (so 8/10)

Kirsten
01-24-2015, 12:04 PM
sweet, like the sound of that, seems reasonable.

BananaDynasty
01-24-2015, 12:23 PM
O. M. G.

These changes look amazing for necrons. Flayed ones look downright scary. 2 Wound destroyers. Praetorians 2x as effective in close combat (as if they needed that), wraiths T5 now... I think Eldar are going to get pushed aside as the most powerful tournament list if this turns out to be true...

I have the weirdest boner right now. If flayed ones get those rules I will be a very happy player.

Mr Mystery
01-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Changes seem reasonable enough.

But......

Faeit. Always salty rumour on his site.

Anggul
01-24-2015, 01:02 PM
I hope all of that is true. I'm not a Necron player but those are some poor units getting the buffs they needed and it's a great thing.

Defenestratus
01-24-2015, 01:15 PM
Seems like Gary's bird has the codex handy. These are some amazing freaking powers right here... I ... I don't know what to say but "sh*t"

vi an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Note that the datacards include a deck of the c'tan powers so you can shuffle those and draw a card instead of rolling.

All powers are 24" except the Tesseract Vault which has a range of 48". Tesseract Vault powers are are the same strength and ap, but longer ranged and other changes noted below.

1. Powers of the C'tan
Antimatter Meteor -S8 AP3 lg blast
-Tesseract Vault Apoc Blast

2. Cosmic Fire - S6 AP4 lg blast ignores cover
-Tesseract Vault Apoc blast ignores cover

3. Seismic Assault - S6 AP4 assault 10 strikedown
-Tesseract Vault Assault 20 strikedown

4. Sky of Falling Stars - S7 AP4 assault 3 lg blast barrage
-Tesseract Vault assault 6 apoc barrage

5. Time's Arrow - SD AP1 precision shot
-Tesseract Vault assault 2 precision shots

6. Transdimensional Thunderbolt -S9 AP1 Tesla
-Tesseract Vault assault 2 Tesla

*Tesla: When firing this weapon a to hit roll of 6 causes 2 extra hits. Snap shots dont do extra hits.

Bigred
01-24-2015, 08:11 PM
via gary's bird (http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/01/necrons-ctan.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Faeit212+%28Faeit+212%29&utm_content=FeedBurner) 1-24-2015

C'tan & Transcendent C'Tan

The C'tan are not generalized into one generic unit like some people are concerned. Each gets its own entry and costs around the same point costs of a Land Raider, with the Transcendent costing an extra 10pts which also carries with it an extra wound giving it a 5 wounds. I would of expected a higher toughness, but S7 and T7 is all around. Transcendent has an additional Strength.

Powers of the C'tan work like this; Pick your target and then roll for power.

All of them share some powers of eternal warrior, and fearless, Immune to natural law- ignoring terrain, and Necrodermis- 4++ and exploding on death-any models within d6" suffer S4 AP1 hits.

The biggest differences are in their remaining powers
Nightbringer- fleshbane and Gaze of Death targets non-vehicles 12" and takes AP2 wounds equal to 3d6 minus leadership

Deceiver- hit and run, Dread-enemy units within 12" -2 leadership, and Grand Illusion- after scouts redeploy d3 units within 12"and the deceiver through normal deployment or put in reserves.

Transcendent- Deepstrike, and Writhing Worldscape- open ground in 6" is difficult terrain.

Charistoph
01-24-2015, 11:52 PM
So Reanimation is basically FNP+ now. Im fine with that, its a lot more straightforward.

Actually, it's not just more straightforward, it's more powerful.

RP denying Wounds from actually happening, ala FNP, can prevent Morale Checks that old RP/WBB would not, especially in Assault which could lead to (or prevent) a Sweeping Advance.

Bigred
01-25-2015, 03:21 AM
via warseer's (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?3-Warhammer-40-000-News-amp-Rumour-Discussion) antaonix 1-25-2014

I got some news from my source. I translate it to english. "reanimation protocol now activates like Fantasy's ward save. if you failed a Armor save or cannot make armor save, you immediately make a reanimation protocol roll. It still 5+."
"Also, resurrection orb is now one use only. If you use it, you can reroll current phase's protocol." "Doom scythe's Death ray changed to S10 ap1 Small template Weapon."

Hi guys, New information for the necron here. Again, I just translated it to english. I'm not native speaker so please understand poor translation

1. Reanimation protocol changed like Fantasy's ward save. Can be used at Instant Death.
7. At start of Each turn, Nemesor Zandrek pick one of the Warlord trait of Codex or rulebook and use it until next turn.

Mr Mystery
01-25-2015, 05:52 AM
Interesting.

Mind Shackle Scarabs being revisited does make sense. I'm a big fan of them like, but boy do I get that they're not much fun for your opponent - just too effective for character hunting.

The rest all makes fair sense - Lychguard and Praetorians coming down in cost is likewise welcome, but half might be a bit much!

Charon
01-25-2015, 06:17 AM
Don't worry. They nerfed DE assault units to compensate for necron buffs.

Necron2.0
01-25-2015, 09:48 AM
Don't worry. They nerfed DE assault units to compensate for necron buffs.

Yep, which is why I sold my DE codex, along with every DE unit I hadn't started work on, and shelved everything else.

Defenestratus
01-25-2015, 09:48 AM
I've been on the receiving end of one too many beatdowns at the hands of units that the internet gurus thought sucked, like Lychguard and praetorians. In fact last night a group of Lychguard schooled some of my grey knights.

Not looking forwards to their overabundance on the field.

Necron2.0
01-25-2015, 09:56 AM

OK, if true, especially the changes to Lychguard and Praetorians, I am finding room to be cautiously optimistic about the Codex. Kind of a bummer about the fliers, but not surprising given the whining about them. If the rumors about Necron Warlord traits are true, Nemesor Zandrek is going to become a defacto required unit. Changing the Cryptek to an HQ choice is non sequitur for me, since he's still a member of the royal court, which is still attached to an Overlord HQ choice.

Defenestratus
01-25-2015, 10:56 AM
but not surprising given the whining about them.

I've heard rumors from my mole in GW that the wave serpent isn't even going to be in the next Eldar codex. Apoc only.

Oh wait this is about Necrons... sorry carry on....

DrLove42
01-25-2015, 11:17 AM
I've heard rumors from my mole in GW that the wave serpent isn't even going to be in the next Eldar codex. Apoc only.

Oh wait this is about Necrons... sorry carry on....

Theres no such things as Apoc only units anymore. Everything that was Apoc only is now a formation or a Lord of War....

Defenestratus
01-25-2015, 11:35 AM
Theres no such things as Apoc only units anymore. Everything that was Apoc only is now a formation or a Lord of War....

The sarcasm was thick with my comment Dr. Love :P

DrLove42
01-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Its been a very long month....

Lexington
01-26-2015, 11:03 AM
jackedup at The Tyranid Hive (http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/48760/new-necrons-codex?page=3) claims to have the book, and is spilling some beans. Mostly confirmations of what we've heard so far, but there's a few tidbits that were new:

Mindshackle Scarabs: When fighting in a challenge, a model with the scarabs has the Fear rule. Fear tests taken as a result of the scarabs are taken on a 3D6.

Whipcoils: Can be purcahsed for 3 pts per model. S = user, gains swiftstrike (+3 init)

Entropic Strike: To wound rolls of 6 wound automatically and cause glancing hits if they wouldn't penetrate

Renanimation Protocols Roll a D6 each time the model suffers an unsaved wound, subtracting 1 if the wound caused Instant Death. On a 5+, discount the unsaved wound. Modifiers to this dice roll can never be improved to better than 4+.

Bigred
01-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Lexington is on the case!

via The Tyranid Hive's jackedup (http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/48760/new-necrons-codex?page=3) 1-26-2015

"Ask Someone Who Has the Codex"

Okay, so here are all the units. Dunno too well what's new and what's not, but ask if you want info on any of it.

HQ

Anrakyr the Traveller
Cryptek
Illumninor Szeras
Lord
Nemesor Zahndrekh
Orikan the Diviner
Orikan Empowered
Overlord
Trazyn the Infinite
Vargard Obyron

Troops:
Necron Warrior
Immortal

Elites:
Deathmark
Flayed One
Lychguard
C'tan Deceiver
C'Tan Nightbringer
Triarch Praetorian

Fast Attack:
Canoptek Wraith
Canoptek Scarab
Destroyer
Heavy Destroyer
Tomb Blade

Heavy Support:
Canoptek Spyder
Heavy Destroyer
Transcendent C'Tan

Vehicles:
Annihilation Barge
Catacomb Command Barge
Doom Scythe
Doomsday Ark
Ghost Ark
Monolith
Night Scythe
Obelisk
Triarch Stalker
Tessaract Vault

Lord of War
Imotekh the Stormlord

Necron Special Rules:

Renanimation Protocols - When a model with this rule suffers an unsaved wound, it can make a special reanimation roll to avoid being wounded. This is not a saving throw and can be used against attacks that state "no saves of any kind are allowed". Reanimation protocols rolls may even be made against hits that cause Instant Death, but cannot be used against hits from Destroyer weapons, or an attack that states the model is removed from play.

Roll a D6 each time the model suffers an unsaved wound, subtracting 1 if the wound caused Instant Death. On a 5+, discount the unsaved wound. Modifiers to this dice roll can never be improved to better than 4+.

If a model has both reanimation and FNP, you can choose to use one or the other but not both.

Living Metal - A model with this special rule ignores the effects of crew shaken, but still loses a hull point. At the end of each of your turns, roll a D6 for each heavy or super heavy vehicle with this special rule that has less than its starting number of hull points, but has not been destroyed. On a roll of a 6 it regains a hull point.

Immortals are 17 points each

Warriors are 13 points each.

Lychguard are 125 points for a squad of 5.

WS 4 BS 4 S 5 T 5 W 1 I 2 A 2 Ld 10 Sv 3+

Warscythe, Reanimation protocols. May select a night scythe as a dedicated trasnport.

The entire unit may exchange their warscythes for hyperphase swords and dispersion shields.

Hyperphase sword + shield are 5 pts per model for the Lychguard

Canoptek Scarabs are Fast Attack, 60 points.

WS2 BS2 S3 T3 W3 I2 A4 Ld10 Sv6+

May include up to six bases at 20 pts per base

Fearless, Swarm

Flayed Ones, Elites, 65 Points for 5 guys

WS4 BS4 S4 T4 Wi I2 A3 Ld10 Sv4+

May include up to 15 other Fllayed nes at 13 pts per model

Deep Strike, Fear, Infiltrate, Reanimation Protocols

Two Flayer Claws: AP 5, Shred

Catacomb Command Barge - HQ, 135 points

This is taken in place of your Overlord (he sits inside the thing) WS5 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+

Catacomb Command Barge BS4, 11AV all around, HP3

Overlord has his usual stuff (staff of light, Reanimation, can buy extra wargear, etc.)

Catacomb Command Barge has a Gauss Cannon (can switch to Tesla Cannon), Quantum Shielding, and Living Metal.

Command Wave: All Necron friendlies within 12" re-roll failed morale, pinning, and fear tests. If the warlord in the barge has the Immortal Hubris trait (see earlier in thread), command wave range extends to 18".

Annihilation Barge - Heavy Support, 120 points

BS4, AV 11 all around, HP3

Gauss cannon (can switch to Tesla), Twin linked tesla destructor, Quantum shielding, Living Metal

My bad - the annihilation barge is in a formation I forgot to list. The Annihilation nexus, which has two Annihilation Barges and 1 Doomsday Ark.

Anrakyr the Traveller:

160 points, Character, HQ

WS5 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+

Tachyon arrow and Warscythe

Warlord Trait is Implacable Conqueror (see earlier post in thread)

Counter-attack, Furious Charge, IC, Reanimation

Mind in the Machine: At start of shooting phase, choose an enemy vehicle within 12". On a 4+, randomly select one of that vehicle's weapons (no choosing one use weapons that have already been fired off though, or destroyed weapons) and shoot the weapon at another enemy unit. Use the vehicle's BS, unless it is stunned or shaken (then snap shots only). Tyranids laugh at this.

Pyrrhian Eternals - At start of game, before deployment, nominate one friendly unit of immortals. They have Furious charge and counter-attack.

The Force Org for Necrons is different, and organised into detachments.

Reclamation Deatchment (1+) =

1 Overlord
0-2 Lychguard
1-4 Immortals
2-8 Necron Warriors
1-3 Tomb Blades
0-3 Monoloiths

1-10 choices f the following per reclamation legion:

Judicator Battatlion=
1 unit of Triach Stalkers
2 units of Triarch Praetorians

Destroyer Cult=
1 Destroyer Lord
3 units of destroyers
0-1 units of heavy destroyers

Canoptek Harvest=
1 Canoptek Spyder
1 unit of Canoptek Wraiths
1 unit of Canoptek Scarabs

Star God=
1 C'Tan Shard f the Deceiver, Shard of the Nightbringer, Transcendent C'Tan or Tessaract Vault

Annihalation Nexus=
2 Annihilation Barges
1 Domsday Ark

Flayed Ones=
1 unit of Flayed Ones

Living Tomb=
1 Obelisk
0-2 Monoloths

Deathmarks=
1 unit of Deathmarks

Deathbringer Flight
2-4 Doomscythes

Dispersion Shield

A mdel equipped with a diispersion shield has a 3+ invulnerable save, but can never claim the two weapons bonus in the fight sub phase.

Mindshackle Scarabs

When fighting in a challenge, a model with the scarabs has the Fear rule. Fear tests taken as a result of the scarabs are taken on a 3D6.

Deathray - 24", Str 10, AP 1, Heavy, Blast, Lance

Whipcoils can be purcahsed for 3 pts per model. S = user, gains swiftstrike (+3 init)

On the Doomsday Cannon:

Low Power 24", S8 AP3, Heavy, Blast

High Power 72" S10 AP1, Primary Weapon 1, Large Blast, Divert Power (must be stationary)

I don't see anything about Tomblades being able to increase armour save or jink.

Technoarcana is as follows:

Chronometron - The model and his unit have 5+ invuln. against shooting attacks

Dispersion shield - Model has 3+ invuln., cannot claim Two Weapon bonus

Fabricator Claw Array - During shooting phase, instead of shooting, a model with the claw can repair a single friendly vehicle in base contact. D6 roll: on a 4+, restore a hull point or repair weapon destroyed or immobilised result, effective immediately.

Gloom Prism - Model and all units within 12" have Adamantium Will.

Mindshackle Scarabs 10pts - During a challenge, model with the scarabs causes Fear. Ld. tests against the model are taken on 3D6.

Nebuloscope - model ignores cover when shooting

Phase Shifter 25pts - 4+ invuln. save, but only for the model and not any chariot it rides on

Phylactery 15pts - It Will Not Die, for both the model and any chariot it rides on

Resurrection Orb 25pts- Once per game, after an unsuccessful reanimation roll has been made for the model (or another model in the same unit), you can re-roll it and any other failed reanimation rolls (for the model and its unit) until end of phase.

Quantum Shielding - The vehicle has AV13 all around, but after the first penetrating hit, it falls back to the normal AV values.

Shadowloom - +1 cover save (6+ in the open)

Shield Vanes - 3+ armour save

Artefacts of the Aeons

Gauntlet of Conflagrator 30pts- Template, S7 AP2, Assault 1, One Use Only

Nightmare Shroud 35pts- 2+ armour save and fear. Once per game can force enemy unit within 18" to take a morale check (Fearless and Know No Fear units are immune)

Orb of Eternity 40pts- See the Resurrection Orb above, except this also gives +1 to the reanimation rolls

Solar Staff 15pts- 12", S5 AP3, Assault 3, Blind, Solar Pulse

Solar Pulse: Once per game, at the start of any turn, cancel night fighting for the turn. When activated, enemy units can only fire snap shots at the model and its unit until the staff bearer's next turn.

Veil of Darkness 25pts- Deep strike. Once per game, can remove itself and its unit from the table and immediately deep strike somewhere else (even if locked in assault)

Voidreaper 30pts- S+2 AP2, Melee, Armourbane, Fleshbane, Master Crafted, Two Handed

Powers of the C'Tan...here goes:

Models with Powers of the C'Tan can use them as a ranged weapon in the shooting phase. They cannot use them to fire on overwatch. Each time a model uses this, choose a target then roll a D6 to see what happens. For Nightbringer, Deceiver, and Transcendent, use the Transcendent effect. For Tessaract cube, use Coalescent effect.

1. Antimatter Meteor -

Transcendent: 24", S8 AP3, Assault 1, Large Blast
Coalescent: 48", S8, AP3, Assault 1, Apocalyptic Blast

2. Cosmic Fire -
Transcendent: 24", S6 AP4, Assault 1, Large Blast, Ignores Cover
Coalescent: 48", S6 AP4, Assault 1, Apocalyptic Blast, Ignores Cover

3. Seismic Assault-
Transcendent: 24", S6 AP4, Assault 10, Strikedown
Coalescent: 48". S6 AP4, Assault 20, Strikedown

4. Sky of Falling Stars
Transcendent: 24", S7 AP4, Assault 3, Large Blast
Coalescent: 48", S7, AP4, Assault 6, Apocalyptic Barrage

5. Time's Arrow
Transcendent: 24", SD AP1, Assault 1, Precision Shots
Coalescent: 48", SD, AP1, Assault 2, Precision Shots

6. Transdimensional Thunderbolt
Transcendent: 24", S9 AP1, Assault 1, Tesla
Coalescent: 48", S9 AP1, Assault 2, Tesla

Tesla: To Hit roll of 6 causes 2 additional hits on the target. Snap shots never cause additional hits due to Tesla.

Necron Warlord Traits

1 Enduring Wrath - Warlord has Eternal Warrior

2 Eternal Madness - Zealot special rule

3 Immortal Hubris - Warlord and friendly units within 12" re-roll failed morale, pinning, and fear tests

4 Hyperlogical strategist - Add or subtract 1 from reserve rolls and seize the initiative

5 Implacable Conqueror - Warlord and all friendlies within 12" have Relentless and Crusader

6 Honorable Combatant - Must issue or accept challenges. Re-roll all failed to hit rolls in a challenge. No friendly character other than Vargard Obytron can attempt glorious intervention. If enemy refuses challenge, warlord gains hatred for rest of game.

Odds & Ends

1. Codex specifically states: "Snap Shots never cause additional hits as a result of this special rule".

2. Night Scythe is 130 points. They still have invasion beams.

3. Gauss auto wounds on a 6, and auto glances on a 6. No double strength.

4. Tomb Blades have twin linked gauss blasters. These can be exchanged with twin linked Tesla Carbines for free, or Particle Beamers for 2 points / model

5. Anrakyr is 160 points.

6. Triarch Praetorians are 140 points for a squad of 5. Their Rod of Covenant has a 12" range.

7. The Doomsday Ark is Heavy Support (again, see my earlier post about Crons not using standard Force Org though). It still has t be stationary to fire.

8. Monolith: 200 points, 14 AV all around, BS4, 4HP. Four gauss flayer arcs, Particle Whip, Eternity Gate, Deep Strike, Living Metal.

I am not a Cron player, but I think the Obelisk is new? It's like a superheavy version of the Monolith. 300 points, 14AV all around, BS4, 4HP. Four Tesla Spheres, and all enemy flyer, skimmer, jetbike, and FMCs treat terrain within 18" of the Obelisk as dangerous terrain. Zooming flyers and FMCs must also take a dangerous terrain test. The Obelisk can be "powered down" and gain 3+ invuln, but cannot move or shoot. Deep striking obelisks are always powered up. Once powered up, it cannot power down again.

9. The Spyder can add a single Canoptek Scarab base to a scarab unit within 6", at the start of the movement phase, even if it raises it past the starting amount. Roll a D6 after that, and it takes a wound on a 1.

10. Cryptek:

65 points, HQ, Infantry (character)

WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 Iw A1 Ld10 Sv.4+

Staff of Light, may take a chronometron (25 points), may take items from Technoarcana or Artefacts of the Aeons

Reanimation Protocols

Technomancer: This model and all models with the Reanimation Protocols rule in his unit receive +1 to Reanimation Protocol rolls (posted the rules for RP earlier in the thread)

Erik Setzer
01-26-2015, 01:50 PM
I still think Necrons can use the typical CAD, or the Mephit (?) Dynasty detachment in Shield of Baal, or just go straight Unbound. It'd be ridiculous to limit them like that.

Gleipnir
01-26-2015, 03:36 PM

Since when? Last Dataslate I saw, post 7th edition still spelled out the difference between Apocalypse Formations and Formation you have a source in the rules to back that up? Yes they have release Apocalypse and Standard Formations with the same name Green Tide for example, but have yet to see a rule that says ignore the rule that says Apocalypse Formations are restricted to games of Apocalypse.

Scott Nealon
01-26-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm looking to get back into the hobby, but from my perspective, with the exception of Praetorians and Flayed Ones, are there any buffs? It just seems like nerfs to me. Can anyone attest or deny this for me?

NastoCat
01-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Any word on the Status of Gauss and Tesla Str, AP and rules?

Raikoh067
01-26-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm looking to get back into the hobby, but from my perspective, with the exception of Praetorians and Flayed Ones, are there any buffs? It just seems like nerfs to me. Can anyone attest or deny this for me?

Buffs:
-Lords and Crypteks are now 2 wounds.

-Crypteks being in a squad gives them +1 to reanimation protocals (instead of having to buy an orb). An Orb on top of this makes a one-time 4+ reroll on reanimation protocols, in case of a round of especially devastating losses. Assuming the orb is affordable because of its one time use, this can be VERY good.

-Gauss auto wounds AND auto glances on a 6. This means a rapid firing Warrior squad is able to reliably kill anything in the game. T10? psh. AV14? psh

- depending on what you can give Voidreaper to (CCB Overload?), it can cause some devastation.

-Living metal now Regens hull points on a 6 every turn.

Terminum
01-26-2015, 09:55 PM
What does "The Force Org for Necrons is different, and organised into detachments" mean? I have to buy tomb blades or play an unbound list? Or is there another detachment in the codex?

Mr Mystery
01-27-2015, 03:12 AM
Well, (no, not welp. For it is a silly word!)......

Tomb Blades just became more of a favourite of mine.

Got 5 armed with Particle Beamers. And now if I give them Nebloscopes, no cover saves for you.......

Assuming the weapon itself hasn't changed? That's five S6 Blasts for winkling anything out of cover!

Lord_Valorion
01-27-2015, 05:07 AM
What´s about the canoptek scarabs`und their entropic strike? Are they the same vehicle eater as always?

Defenestratus
01-27-2015, 07:27 AM
What´s about the canoptek scarabs`und their entropic strike? Are they the same vehicle eater as always?

No. Thank god.

Charistoph
01-27-2015, 09:45 AM
What does "The Force Org for Necrons is different, and organised into detachments" mean? I have to buy tomb blades or play an unbound list? Or is there another detachment in the codex?

There is the Decurion Detachment in the codex which is a Super Formation that you can customize with up to 12 Formations from 10 different types.

Nothing about not being able to take CAD, the IA 12, or Baal Campaign detachments, though.

Path Walker
01-27-2015, 10:00 AM
Yeah, the Decurion Detachment is Necrons only, but you can still use any other Detachment type same as any other army, the Decurion does give some pretty fluffy bonuses though, and Tomb Blades are cool

eldargal
01-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Wonder how filing down the sides of the chin on the new plastic overlord to give a more feminine, pointed appearance would work.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-27-2015, 10:24 AM
Wonder how filing down the sides of the chin on the new plastic overlord to give a more feminine, pointed appearance would work.

Should give it a go. I'd love to see female necron figures, especially a Cryptek. Something with a bit of that Metropolis look.

Archon Charybdis
01-27-2015, 10:32 AM
No. Thank god.

How do you figure? Entropic Strike still glances on a 6, and now it even always wounds on a 6, so they can pose a bit of a threat to Wraithlords/knights or Iron Arm'd MCs.

eldargal
01-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Should give it a go. I'd love to see female necron figures, especially a Cryptek. Something with a bit of that Metropolis look.

I think I will. Torso looks kind of busty so with a more feminine head it might work out nicely.

Defenestratus
01-27-2015, 11:44 AM
How do you figure? Entropic Strike still glances on a 6, and now it even always wounds on a 6, so they can pose a bit of a threat to Wraithlords/knights or Iron Arm'd MCs.

It will be able to put a few wounds on MC's and hullpoints on tanks, sure enough.

But they aren't the unit destroying force they were in the past. The entropic strike mechanic was one of the most broken things in the entire game, being able to lower a land raider's armor so that it could be penetrated by str 3 weapons was the height of stupidity.

Archon Charybdis
01-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Ack, you're right, somehow I'd completely forgotten about the armor reduction. Still, 120pts worth of Scarabs will reliably strip 3 hull points. That's still pretty hefty tank killing power.

Defenestratus
01-27-2015, 12:41 PM
Ack, you're right, somehow I'd completely forgotten about the armor reduction. Still, 120pts worth of Scarabs will reliably strip 3 hull points. That's still pretty hefty tank killing power.

So are ~120pts of firedragons.... however, in both cases its far from automatic - which was my problem with entropic strike in the first place. The results were a nearly always foregone conclusion. This is much more fair mechanic.

Defenestratus
01-27-2015, 12:59 PM
On the other hand, the changes to Wraiths seem to be bordering on breaking the game.

T5, W2, A3, 3++ save BEASTS for 40ppm.

Can get Reanimation Protocols in the decurion formation, or fleet.

Per math-hammer, it will take 72 bolter shots to kill one wraith when the res orb is used for wraiths.

*shakes head*

Punisher
01-27-2015, 01:18 PM
On the other hand, the changes to Wraiths seem to be bordering on breaking the game.

T5, W2, A3, 3++ save BEASTS for 40ppm.

Can get Reanimation Protocols in the decurion formation, or fleet.

Per math-hammer, it will take 72 bolter shots to kill one wraith when the res orb is used for wraiths.

*shakes head*

Unless I am missing a change to wraiths, their wargear is the phase shifter, the phase shifter is what gave them the 3++ invuln in prior editions. The phase shifter got nerfed to a 4++ and so the wraith now has a 4++ save and no 3+. Also I don't think the wraiths have resurection protocols so they don't benefit from the res orb.

The actual math if the rumours hold up is it would take 18 bolter like shots from a marine like unit to kill 1 wraith. Which is the exact amount it takes to kill 1 terminator, and given similar price points seems to be standard.

UberTek
01-27-2015, 01:42 PM
Unless I am missing a change to wraiths, their wargear is the phase shifter, the phase shifter is what gave them the 3++ invuln in prior editions. The phase shifter got nerfed to a 4++ and so the wraith now has a 4++ save and no 3+. Also I don't think the wraiths have resurection protocols so they don't benefit from the res orb.

The actual math if the rumours hold up is it would take 18 bolter like shots from a marine like unit to kill 1 wraith. Which is the exact amount it takes to kill 1 terminator, and given similar price points seems to be standard.

the entry for wraiths:

Canoptek Wraiths - 120 points (unit of 3)

WS4 BS4 S6 T5 W2 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+

Fearless, Rending, Very Bulky

Wraith Form: Canptek Wraiths have 3+ Invuln. Save

Wraithflight: When moving, Canoptek Wraiths can mve over all other models and terrain as if they were open ground. However, they cannot end their move on top of other models and can only end their move on top of impassable terrain if it is possible to actually place the models on top of it.

May include up to three additional Canoptek Wraiths (40 points per model)

Any model may take one of the following:

Whip Coils - 3 pts per model
Particle caster - 5pts per model
Transdimensional beamer - 10pts per model

Read more: http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/48760/new-necrons-codex?page=3#ixzz3Q3K6oOhr

Defenestratus
01-27-2015, 02:00 PM

No... unfortunately more recent revelations have stated that the wraiths keep their 3++ save - and the RP is granted to them through the use of the Decurion formation.

Someone on this website has the book supposedly.

http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/48760/new-necrons-codex?ixzz3Q2nlXi12=undefined&page=10

Mr Mystery
01-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Wonder if they've tweaked the background.

I know various players who miss the old Cthuluesque tones of the C'Tan.

Bigred
01-28-2015, 02:31 AM
Check out the sexy Necron galactic map! (and unit iconography spreads)

FUZNAZ
01-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Any change to the stats for praetorians? (in other words, do they still only have 1 attack?)

Path Walker
01-28-2015, 09:53 AM
they have 2 attacks base

Bigred
01-28-2015, 07:19 PM
images via Forge the Narrative (https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative?fref=photo) 1-28-2015

11th Hour Necron Teaser Images

Lhu27
01-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Really wraiths may be the most broken unit in 40k now with that stat line.

NastoCat
01-28-2015, 11:06 PM

No, you could use the standard CAD or the Mephrit Dynasty Cohort instead of the Decrusions.

Bigred
01-29-2015, 11:53 AM
via Forge the Narrative (https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative?ref=hl) 12-29-2015

C'Tan & Imotekh Latest

Kim Sandberg
01-29-2015, 01:06 PM
At what Strenght is Gaze of death resolved?

Kirsten
01-29-2015, 01:34 PM
no strength, it is a leadership test on 3D6 for the target

Punisher
01-29-2015, 01:48 PM
no strength, it is a leadership test on 3D6 for the target

Not a leadership test just 3D6 minus leadership number of wounds so it works on fearless targets as well.

Kirsten
01-29-2015, 01:58 PM
calm down Mr Pedant, the end result is the same, 3D6 compared to leadership.

Erik Setzer
01-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Mmm, C'tan are nasty. I like Deceiver's changing setup ability. He still has nasty Random Powers of DOOOOOOOM!, and his statline's not bad, plus he's a Monstrous Creature, so he can do some damage in the game, as well as being a nice strategic asset.

Kim Sandberg
01-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Sooo, it hits auto and wounds auto? Sorry dude i am slow, i just dont get it..

Punisher
01-29-2015, 04:26 PM
Sooo, it hits auto and wounds auto? Sorry dude i am slow, i just dont get it..

So if you use it against say a squad of necron warriors and you roll lets say a 12 with 3 dice then you take the warriors LD(10) away from your roll resulting in 2 wounds inflicted.

Charon
01-29-2015, 04:46 PM
So if you use it against say a squad of necron warriors and you roll lets say a 12 with 3 dice then you take the warriors LD(10) away from your roll resulting in 2 wounds inflicted.

Nope, you only take away 2 warriors (that is if they would also fail their reanimation) as you cause 2 woundts to the unit, not to every model.

Houghten
01-29-2015, 05:39 PM
I... don't think Punisher was ever saying you would cause 2 wounds to every model.

Erik Setzer
01-30-2015, 08:34 AM
I... don't think Punisher was ever saying you would cause 2 wounds to every model.

Yeah... I'm not sure how it could have been interpreted otherwise? Why would you need to tack on "to the unit" at the end of that sentence? Pretty much everyone knows that if you target a unit and do X wounds, that's X wounds to the unit, not X wounds to every model in the unit.

Punisher
01-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Ok so does anyone know what formation benefits are yet?

The ones I have been able to find so far are the decurion which gives you 4+ RP and the canoptic one which lets you choose each turn if you want fleet(though 2 out of 3 units are beasts and already have fleet and only the single spyder doesn't have it), RP, or shred.

Just wondering what the other benefits were.

Andrew Thomas
01-30-2015, 04:34 PM
I wasn't paying attention to formations when I read the 'dex, but the Decurion isn't mandatory, (although it isn't that hard to satisfy and once you get past the Overlord/2 Warriors/Immortals/Tomb Blades tax, you get up to 10 of anything you want, with the caveat that a lot of what's awesome has side requirements) and Caster & Nebuloscope Tomb Blades are going to ruin many a horde player's day.

Canoptek Swarm and a bunch of Flayed Ones will give you everything likeable about the Maynarch List, with none of the drawbacks.
Spamming Deathmarks may just be the ultimate Spanish Inquisition list.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-31-2015, 07:12 AM
Got my necron stuff today, not had much time to read anything but backround-wise there are a few interesting nuggets in the Time line section such as a direct reference to a void dragon shard going amok and a tomb corrupted by a chaos demon prince!

Kesher
01-31-2015, 07:37 AM
Checkout my first look review of the new Necron Codex, and lord.
http://spikeybitsblog.com/category/necrons

http://youtu.be/2Q-1YlvoGk8

Mr Mystery
01-31-2015, 08:02 AM
Bah! No book for me until around 5:30, because work.

Would have been 4:30, but took a page out of the Necron book (no, not that one. The metaphorical one) and overslept by an hour.

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-31-2015, 09:36 AM
Bah! No book for me until around 5:30, because work.

Would have been 4:30, but took a page out of the Necron book (no, not that one. The metaphorical one) and overslept by an hour.

It's worth the wait! I'm surprised I got mine today as the dispatch was friday night (!)

Mr Mystery
01-31-2015, 12:33 PM
EHRMAGERD

That is all.

Valdier
01-31-2015, 05:46 PM
A little confused on these new detachment rules... Can I run a standard FOC and still take advantage of a Canoptek Harvest or do I have to run the Reclamation Legion with a 479 point tax (minimum Legion cost) + the Reclamation after that.

Any ideas?

Mr Mystery
01-31-2015, 05:55 PM
Yes.

Read the book.

Necron2.0
01-31-2015, 07:05 PM

That was my concern as well, and the answer is no. The book says you can use a battle-forged formation from the core rules, and that specifies that the base formation for every army is the ol' FOC that we all know and love.

People are screaming bloody murder about the Wraiths, but have you SEEN what happened with the Flayed Ones? Three attacks per model (two base, plus an additional one for off hand weapon), four attacks on a charge. They can be 20 figures strong. They have "Fear," "Infiltrate," "Shred" and "Deep Strike." Of course as Necrons they have "Reanimation Protocols." Put a Cryptek with them (because nothing says you cannot) and they shrug off 50% of the wounds done to them. Put a Warlord with "Immortal Hubris" at 12" from the unit and chances are they won't run even if they lose a melee. And they still have the same cost as a Warrior. Scary stuff, man.

Of course, I like the changes to the Wraiths, because properly equipped they get Initiative 5.

I also like the changes to the Triarch Stalker. It is about 50% cheaper, can come in units of three, and the nerf hammer only struck a glancing blow.

Res. Orbs got a bit trickier to used. You have to be cautious about the timing. It is one use only and it does not work on every downed Necron in a turn. It only works for failed Reanimations at the moment of activation and going forward for the remainder of the turn, and only for the Lord's unit. If you do not activate it for the first unit that fails R.P., that unit will not benefit from an activation that happens later on in the same player turn.

Valdier
01-31-2015, 07:35 PM
Yes.

Read the book.

Read the book, was confused, asked. Thanks for the answer and the attitude :)

Charistoph
01-31-2015, 11:19 PM
A little confused on these new detachment rules... Can I run a standard FOC and still take advantage of a Canoptek Harvest or do I have to run the Reclamation Legion with a 479 point tax (minimum Legion cost) + the Reclamation after that.

Any ideas?

Quite a few. I don't know why this is still confusing people. The first response I want to give is:
Yes.

Read the books.

Because the answers are there in the codex and the rulebook and actually far more simple than people try to make it.

There are a number of Formations provided after the Lords of War dataslates. These Formations can be taken independent of any other Detachment because they are a detachment.

The Decurion is made up of one core Formation, three optional units, and seven optional Formations. Just because the Formation is present as an option in another Detachment, does not mean it cannot be taken on its own.