PDA

View Full Version : why do spores need weapons?

The other guy
02-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Why must Mycetic Spores take weapons? Ive heard a couple of people say they must.

The options section says "Take one of the following" on the spore's profile

but if that means they don't get a choice, then neither does the hive tyrant. The tyrant's profile lists "Take one of the following" for Thorax Swarm, Armoured Shell and Wings.

Does that mean the Hive tyrant must always have these bonuses?

It also says "Take one of the following, replacing one set of scything talons" to the heavy cannon weapons. Does that mean you will always have a cannon?

Or am i missing the point entirely?

The Hivemind
02-09-2010, 12:52 PM
It says 'Options: Replace blah with blah' or something like that. It does mean just that, you have the OPTION to take any of those, you don't have to. You only HAVE to take options when it says something like 'X must choose 1 of the following' or something like that.

david5th
02-09-2010, 01:08 PM
With these being in the options section and no use of the word must i would say you are free to chose.

The AKH
02-09-2010, 03:46 PM
If it simply says "Take one of..." then they are optional add-ons, not a compulsory upgrade.

bob9801
02-09-2010, 10:29 PM
If it is in the options section it is an option. My IG codex specificly says "May take..." everywhere that it is an option. I would not be surprised if GW made something that was required to take an option but I would also think they would do it more clearly. A hellhound, for example, comes with a hull mounted heavy bolter in the wargear. the in the options you can take a heavy flamer for free or a multimelta for 15pts. If the mycetic spore is required to take something but they didn't bother putting something in the mandatory wargear already it would be stupid but not surprising to me.