PDA

View Full Version : Elysian Dedicated Transports and Scions

CrimsonTurkey
12-08-2014, 12:02 AM
For as long as the Valkyrie has existed, I've wanted to field an army of Inquisitorial storm troopers mounted in them as my exclusive troop choice. Of course, you'd need a "drop assault" type of rule to make this work at all in 7th, and I'm not to clear on 7th rules yet. That said, when I was thinking about it, I got an idea that came along with one of those grinch-like smiles:

Can I take a bunch of Elysian Valkyries, Vendettas, and Vultures as an unbound detachment, thus gaining the Combat Drop rule, and simply mount a Militarum Tempestus army in those stolen vehicles? Add Inquisitor Lox to the scion command and I'd be in heaven.

crazy_irish
12-08-2014, 04:12 AM
I guess you want to use the IA3secEd rules? Then you'll be disappointed, sorry. Here is why:
a) the Valkyries are not in the fast attack section. They are dedicated transports only
b) the vendetta is a fast attack choice, but does not have the Combat drop special rule

It sounds like a great idea, but sadly not possible rule wise...

vharing
12-18-2014, 10:17 PM
In the tempestus book there is a detachment that that makes you take 3 squads of scions, a scion command squad, a commisar and 4 valkyries. It even allows you to reroll scatter dice for grav chute insertion.

Katharon
12-19-2014, 01:45 AM
In the tempestus book there is a detachment that that makes you take 3 squads of scions, a scion command squad, a commisar and 4 valkyries. It even allows you to reroll scatter dice for grav chute insertion.

"Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner, Johnny!"

Seriously, this is a detachment that a friend of mine always uses. It's hard to deal with at times but fun to play against.

CrimsonTurkey
12-19-2014, 11:43 AM
That's the plan at the moment, I was just hoping to not have to deploy anything, so I could arrive in style and to use vultures and vendettas as support without needing to throw some low level grunts out there.

Thanks guys.