PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Slaughter Detachment

Lord Krungharr
12-06-2014, 10:52 PM
So the Crimson Slaughter rules say that Possessed in a Crimson Slaughter detachment are Troops. But all CSMs from all sources are part of the same faction, so aren't they all permitted in a single CAD for example?

Or to get Possessed as Troops (or Chosen with VOLTW from Black Legion) does the whole detachment have to follow and limit itself to things from the particular supplement? And if that is the case, can one take Crimson Slaughter as an Allied detachment to regular CSMs then? I thought that an Allied Detachment had to be a different faction than the Primary, which in this example is a CSM CAD. Hmmmmmm.....

Tokunator
12-07-2014, 02:37 AM
All CSM are from the same faction, but different supplements cannot be combined in the same detachment. However, barring tournament rules that limit the number of detachments, you can have any number of detachments, providing you fulfil the minimum requirements for each one.

So you could choose a Crimson Slaughter HQ and 2 units of Possessed as Troops as a legal CAD detachment, then either fill the rest of that CAD's slots with more Crimson Slaughter choices or take another HQ and 2 Troops choices to start a Black Legion or Codex Chaos Space Marines CAD. These would all be primary detachment, not allied ones as they are from the same faction. And you could also add any number of allied dectachments, if you buy the compulsory choices for each one.

Likewise, armies with alternative detachments like Orks or Dark Eldar can take one of their alternative detachments and then, assuming it fulfils all minimum requirements, add a CAD to get some troops with Objective Secured.

daboarder
12-07-2014, 03:05 AM
Its a cluster****, welcome to 7th.

The rules dont actually work, however their are some common "house rules" used by tournaments, and the likely outcome here is that you'll never find someone allowing your regular CSM possessed to be troops, only those taken by a purely CS detachment

Lord Krungharr
12-07-2014, 11:30 AM
I will have to ask the events I'm thinking about (Crucible in Orlando, FL, and then Adepticon) about this then. But it does makes sense, otherwise one could just call a Chosen squad with VOLTW in any CSM army as Troops.

I have noticed that some events say a faction can be Allies with themselves, so that's probably a fix so one could have regular CSMs, and then a CS Allied detachment to take advantage of their stuff.