PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels LIVE!

daboarder
12-05-2014, 01:17 PM
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Codex-Blood-Angels-Sanguinary-Guard-Edition

Already ordered my copy. Because seriously, as if I wan't going to get the limited ed BA book regardless

Mr Mystery
12-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Didn't know you played BA :)

Really liking that Tactical Squad.

daboarder
12-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Didn't know you played BA :)

Really liking that Tactical Squad.

yeah mate, they we're my first army. I used to be collecting my way to a full company (split equal between Tac and Assault) with a 50/50 terminator/VAS split for first as well. But I ended up throwing half of that into chaos and I just kept my jumpers and their support, if it cant move 12 a turn then its too slow

edit: bit of a shame though, I had REALLY been looking forward to a supplement for Blood Angels. ah well, might get one after christmas

Defenestratus
12-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Wow.

That BA Tac sarg *has fangs*.

daboarder
12-05-2014, 02:16 PM
yup, there are 3 bare heads as far as I could see. serg, mask and a third (I hope he has fangs too)

Erik Setzer
12-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Wow.

That BA Tac sarg *has fangs*.

Yeah, that's one my one gripe in the whole kit. But I can opt not to use that head, or try to remove the fangs with a modeling tool.

FireHazard
12-05-2014, 02:39 PM
I missed the dice :(

But I didn't miss the Sanguinary Guard edition codex :)

I know it's a big expense but I love my emovampirenipple marines and I'm never likely to get another limited codex.

Fingers crossed it'll be worth it....

Defenestratus
12-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Anyone else get an invitation to take a survey on the website? I only go there once or twice a year so I donno if this is a thing or not.

The_Duke_of_Swellington
12-05-2014, 03:08 PM
I find it silly that Chapters would get supplements. That's like...a supplement of a supplement.

daboarder
12-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Ha because space wolves?

ElectricPaladin
12-05-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm passing on the limited edition codex. I haven't got the scratch. The dice as well. But I did grab a copy of the datacards, because those do go OOP pretty quickly, and I've got a copy of the codex and a sanguinary priest headed to my FLGS for me...

Asymmetrical Xeno
12-05-2014, 04:04 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/embodiedscrew/codex-ba-alt1_zps6ec9e4da.png

Are those Terminators new or just conversions?

John Bower
12-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Hang on... .Cheeky buggers put up the price of the Datacards.... WTF GW? Behave.

Gwhizz84
12-05-2014, 04:12 PM
They look new! Lightning claw guy looks based on Claudio from space hulk but has different torso, pads and groinal accessories :O and the standard bearer guy looks brand new as well.

Haighus
12-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Ooh nice! Looks like BAs are getting their own Terminator squad in the same vein as the DAs :D Looks pretty sweet.

daboarder
12-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Deffo new termies

Houghten
12-05-2014, 10:18 PM
If that is a Blood Angel Terminators kit, you'd think they'd have put it into Deathstorm instead of vanilla ones...

daboarder
12-05-2014, 10:59 PM
There is nothing on that LC dude reminiscent of claudio bar the pose

Deadlift
12-06-2014, 12:48 AM
If that is a Blood Angel Terminators kit, you'd think they'd have put it into Deathstorm instead of vanilla ones...

Nope, GW want you to buy both.

energongoodie
12-06-2014, 02:28 AM
I had the dice in the basket but by the time I got to checkout, they'd sold out :(

daboarder
12-06-2014, 02:30 AM
if you want dice get customs from chessex, its easy, their cheaper, and you can customize them (including choosing your own image)

spagunk
12-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Nope, GW want you to buy both.

From the looks of the new kit, it appears they have both tactical and assault options. So you have a good chance of blinging out your tactical kit from the deathstorm box using bits from the new termy kit.

Asymmetrical Xeno
12-06-2014, 11:40 AM
More pictures of the BA Terminators here :

http://i.imgur.com/4cdJbhh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5aQcwNB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mIYmICH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/m58H2yQ.jpg

pictures from here : http://imgur.com/a/Z2FMg

Sorry, but I do not know the original source as someone sent the link over skype, so apologise to the original source.

I am not particularly impressed myself, but I will admit my expectations may of been a bit unrealistic after some of the rumours and envisioning how cool sculpted muscles like the san-guard or even better, mephistons armour would look on terminators.

daboarder
12-07-2014, 01:20 AM
hmm looking at this.

http://i.imgur.com/y0gFJam.jpg

only Dante and Seth in a slot? Can't be HQ because the generics would be there, I think they are both LoW

****! looks like we lost descent of angels. Heres the warlord traits

http://i.imgur.com/fNCjXbS.jpg

if they are using that name for a warlord trait it will no longer be an army special rule, thanks GW you wankers

White Tiger88
12-07-2014, 01:47 AM
hmm looking at this.

http://i.imgur.com/y0gFJam.jpg

only Dante and Seth in a slot? Can't be HW because the generics would be there, I think they are both

****! looks like we lost descent of angels. Heres the warlord traits

http://i.imgur.com/fNCjXbS.jpg

if they are using that name for a warlord trait it will no longer be an army special rule, thanks GW you wankers

Oddly enough i called Blood Angel's getting screwed earlier today.......................

gory_v
12-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Please reserve judgement until we get our actual books. Complaining before actually knowing the verdict = BORING.

Deadlift
12-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Please reserve judgement until we get our actual books. Complaining before actually knowing the verdict = BORING.

But that's how the internet works :p.

Sgt Smith95
12-07-2014, 10:23 AM
So Blood Talons no longer have the extra hits fro unsaved wounds and no more re-roll missed hits.

DoA as far as i can see is gone and I doubt VV will keep their awesome divine intervention so BA seem to have taken a massive hit to their assault abilities no wonder they released stupid tacs than actual BA assault squads.

Also now i'm wondering how Gabriel Seth could be a LoW but not Mephiston or the Sanguinor.I don't know why but i'm expecting a Mephiston supplement no evidence of it i just have a feeling.

Also what is the point of this board if not for speculating and making crude assertions based on small leaks.

ElectricPaladin
12-07-2014, 11:42 AM
I think it's premature to say that Dante and Seth being LoW is a nerf. It depends on how good they are. And honestly, I don't care much, because I don't play Flesh Tearers or Legion I Blood Angels, I play a successor, so I'm never going to have a chapter master to take up the LoW slot anyway...

As for Descent of Angels... yes, it's true that GW would not use that name twice, but that doesn't mean that the game concept "Blood Angels are better with jump packs and come in more reliably/scatter less" is gone. They could have easily decided that a name that awesome needs to be a Warlord Trait, but it will reflect a different (but probably similar, or enhanced) ability, while all Blood Angels will still have a jump pack enhancing trait.

Or maybe not. **** happens. GW has changed other armies more radically in the past. Let's try not to have an Imperial attitude (ie. stasis is best, change is the enemy) even though we are Imperial players, ok?

daboarder
12-07-2014, 01:53 PM

Sure of course. Im just pointing out some of the warning signs is all

ElectricPaladin
12-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Based on the most recent codex releases, I predict that our next codex will indeed be "boring," if by "boring" you mean that there will be a reduction in exception-based mechanics and an effort to reign in the power level. There will probably also be an increase in randomization. I have high hopes, however, because some of the most recent codices seem to show decisions that are good for the game, if lackluster for the armies in question.

daboarder
12-07-2014, 02:36 PM
The thing is. Those exception rules arent reslly the game breakers. Its the hyper efficient units that do (old space wolf missiles or eldar WS)

It also doesn't lasr. Its just a matter of time before the next writer goes overboard

ElectricPaladin
12-07-2014, 02:41 PM
The thing is. Those exception rules arent reslly the game breakers. Its the hyper efficient units that do (old space wolf missiles or eldar WS)

It also doesn't lasr. Its just a matter of time before the next writer goes overboard

Yeah. Good points, all. Still, I think that it's an attempt, which is a good sign, and I still think that it's going to have an impact on how our new 'dex is written.

daboarder
12-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Yeah. Good points, all. Still, I think that it's an attempt, which is a good sign, and I still think that it's going to have an impact on how our new 'dex is written.

Yeah the attempt is nice, I'm just sceptical because we;ve seen these "attempts" multiple times before (3rd ed reset, late 4th/early 5th, and now in early 7th) and it just never pans out

Houghten
12-07-2014, 06:35 PM
As for Descent of Angels... yes, it's true that GW would not use that name twice, but that doesn't mean that the game concept "Blood Angels are better with jump packs and come in more reliably/scatter less" is gone. They could have easily decided that a name that awesome needs to be a Warlord Trait, but it will reflect a different (but probably similar, or enhanced) ability, while all Blood Angels will still have a jump pack enhancing trait.

Or maybe not.

Given the Death Company's total lack of any jump pack enhancing trait in the Deathstorm rules, I'm leaning towards "not."

ElectricPaladin
12-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Given the Death Company's total lack of any jump pack enhancing trait in the Deathstorm rules, I'm leaning towards "not."

That is a better point.

Honestly, I've emotionally prepared myself for Blood Angels to turn into red marines.

40kGamer
12-07-2014, 10:38 PM
If the trend continues I'm expecting the majority of special BA rules to magically evaporate.

Chris*ta
12-08-2014, 07:03 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99070101008_BASanguinaryPriest01.jpg

Does anyone else find it weird that the Sanguinary Priest seems to have borrowed a bathrobe from the Green Marines?

Wolfshade
12-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Maybe they picked some up back when they shared a dex?

Chris*ta
12-08-2014, 07:11 AM

:D

Cutter
12-08-2014, 07:30 AM

Imagine that, two armies in a codex...

These days we're lucky to get half an army in a codex...

:p

"Great days Eddie, great days...grrr..."

Wolfshade
12-08-2014, 08:09 AM
But then in the same period you had codex assassins which contained just 4 entries...

ElectricPaladin
12-08-2014, 08:48 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99070101008_BASanguinaryPriest01.jpg

Does anyone else find it weird that the Sanguinary Priest seems to have borrowed a bathrobe from the Green Marines?

he looks fine. I also think that saying "only Dark Angels Marines wear robes" is like saying "only Blood Angels use jump packs." It's patently false. Dark Angels might like robes and tabards more, but that doesn't mean that they are exclusive to that chapter's aesthetics.

40kGamer
12-08-2014, 08:57 AM
But then in the same period you had codex assassins which contained just 4 entries...

And now we have Codex Imperial Knights with 2... for a good deal more $. :p

- - - Updated - - -

he looks fine. I also think that saying "only Dark Angels Marines wear robes" is like saying "only Blood Angels use jump packs." It's patently false. Dark Angels might like robes and tabards more, but that doesn't mean that they are exclusive to that chapter's aesthetics.

Agree. The robe aesthetic goes with the whole monastery monk vibe... now why a marine would wear such a useless garment to battle ranks up there with not wearing one's helmet and thus negating the whole point of power armour. :p

ElectricPaladin
12-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Holy ****, you guys, today's Black Library advent has a story that features the Knights of Blood! I don't know whether to be excited or terrified. I'm downloading it now. Wish me luck.

wayne williams
lol good luck.

AirHorse
Agree. The robe aesthetic goes with the whole monastery monk vibe... now why a marine would wear such a useless garment to battle ranks up there with not wearing one's helmet and thus negating the whole point of power armour. :p

No point in defending the Imperium if you don't do it in style is there! :P

40kGamer
12-08-2014, 09:17 AM
No point in defending the Imperium if you don't do it in style is there! :P

A very valid point! I painted my vanilla marines as Howling Griffons as I felt subtlety was not the point of wearing Power Armour. :D

Path Walker
12-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Its almost like they're just aesthetic choices to make important models stand up amongst the rank and file of your collection...

Arkhan Land
12-08-2014, 09:49 AM

While Shooting cover your face with your CC Weapon, While in CC cover your face with your pistol, Be a Badass, Get Head Studds, Get Eye Implants, When in a vacum: ooze goo out of your skin and its all okay!

ElectricPaladin
12-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Holy ****, you guys, today's Black Library advent has a story that features the Knights of Blood! I don't know whether to be excited or terrified. I'm downloading it now. Wish me luck.

The story is great. The Knights of Blood are almost exactly what I wanted them to be. The dialogue literally included the lines "we are not the Flesh Tearers. Our excesses are not sanctioned by Terra" and "we are renegades... not traitors. An important difference" and "you know what the Inquisition wishes to be known."

Perfect. The Knights of Blood are still loyal to Man even if they have been rejected by the Imperium, and there is just the faintest hint of conspiracy around their excommunication. I am even more pumped than I was before. I know that the advent calendar is a marketing scheme... but I'm happy to admit that it worked. Bring on the new codex!

Erik Setzer
12-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Anyone else get an invitation to take a survey on the website? I only go there once or twice a year so I donno if this is a thing or not.

Is it Foresee perhaps? Their surveys will only pop up on occasion for random customers. A lot of businesses use them for getting customer feedback (including the company I work for). It's a good idea to do if you want to know how your site is performing and where you can improve the customer experience (to help them want to come back and spend more money).

Defenestratus
12-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Is it Foresee perhaps? Their surveys will only pop up on occasion for random customers. A lot of businesses use them for getting customer feedback (including the company I work for). It's a good idea to do if you want to know how your site is performing and where you can improve the customer experience (to help them want to come back and spend more money).

No it wasn't. It it contained questions rather specific to the GW hobby and website, and the visual design of the survey pages themselves followed that of the GW page.

I wonder if GW Is looking for some of its 4mil GBP back :P

Deadlift
12-08-2014, 03:17 PM

I'm looking on iBooks but struggling to find it, what's it called or do I go direct to black library. No iMac atm. It's still in transit so just using my iPad.

ElectricPaladin
12-08-2014, 03:19 PM
I'm looking on iBooks but struggling to find it, what's it called or do I go direct to black library. No iMac atm. It's still in transit so just using my iPad.

Hang on... it's called... "Reflection in Blood"

Wolfshade
12-08-2014, 03:20 PM
DL: http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/reflection-in-blood-ebook.html

Deadlift
12-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Thanks guys.

Yep found it, just read it. As a bite sized piece of fiction it was fun. Nice to see Knights of Blood actually written about and acknowledged more than just a single figure and a short paragraph in the previous codex. My 1st Blood angels army were painted as Knights of Blood. Always had a soft spot for them.

Wolfshade
12-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Rumours say you can now take a Dread as a HQ ala Knights of Blood in the BA omnibus.

ElectricPaladin
12-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Rumours say you can now take a Dread as a HQ ala Knights of Blood in the BA omnibus.

That's not the Knights of Blood. That's another successor. I can't remember which, though.

Wolfshade
12-08-2014, 04:34 PM
That's not the Knights of Blood. That's another successor. I can't remember which, though.

Blood Swords.

ElectricPaladin
12-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Blood Swords.

Thanks!

Brakkart
12-08-2014, 05:07 PM
A very valid point! I painted my vanilla marines as Howling Griffons as I felt subtlety was not the point of wearing Power Armour. :D

Yup is why I love my Imperial Fists. We go to war in bright yellow armour because we WANT our opponents to see us and know who's come to to kick their arse! We're Space Marines and we don't do subtle!