PDA

View Full Version : custom sisters of battle exorcist

rbryce
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
hi all, got fed up a;ways lookin at other people eye-candy... errr... models, and cant wait anymore! i only have a camera phone at the moment, as i still use film(though im saving for a digicam now ive been here!). anyway, heres an exorcist i built last year. basically its the immolator with big cannons that i built from lolly sticks, rhino top-hatches, bits of plasic tubing(for blowing up ballons), and some spare bits from other immolator sets. sorry bout the quality.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx160/rbryce/DSC00830.jpg
http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx160/rbryce/DSC00831.jpg
http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx160/rbryce/DSC00832.jpg

what you cant see is the freehand gold chasing down the barrels, with a fleur-de-lys near the end with spirals round them. i took the idea of exorcists being individual works of art to heart, then added some extra dakka for seasoning

Lerra
02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Looks great! It looks like it belongs in a battle much more than the standard variety exorcist.

rbryce
02-08-2010, 05:36 PM
yeah, i got carried away with the cannons i think, but it seemed a good idea at the time, and i must say, i still love it! i plan on having 3 different ones, as it reinforces the idea theyre unique.

Akkon Sek
02-08-2010, 06:31 PM
This looks nice. Very clean.

Not a big fan of hunter green myself, but you've made it work.

If I had a single suggestion (and its tough to find one because of the apparent quality) it would be to either drill out the cherub horns or accent the ends with... something.

I personally like the cannons. Quite original. I don't think you got carried away in the slightest.

gorepants
02-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Much better than the GW one - doesn't make me think of the Goodies when I see it. The ornamentation seems to fit better into the baroque theme of the ecclesiarchy as well

Graeme: "You're a loony!"
The Music Master: "Thank you"

rbryce
02-09-2010, 01:18 AM
cheers guys!
@ akkon sek: hunter green? i used orkhide shade. the main body of the tank needs more work, i need the paint citadel tanks book though. i dont use the extreme highlights that most seem to use as i find it looks to "modelly" when i do it, so i rely on the effect the brush gives the paint. some of the panels are a bit lighter from adding a tiny amount of gretchin green to give the impression that over the centuries of service it has had repairs(not a patch, but a new panel where damage was). one day ill also learn to weather. if you hadnt noticed yet, i never "finish" anything, i like to tinker about.

archimbald
02-09-2010, 01:54 PM
looks like a good idea for a hydra too. looks klass

Akkon Sek
02-09-2010, 02:18 PM
@ akkon sek: hunter green? i used orkhide shade.

"potato" / "potatoe" :)

Revised: "not a big fan of green in general on anything other than an Ork"

You pull it off though. Looks nice.

rbryce
02-09-2010, 02:28 PM
yeah, greens my favorite colour to paint lol. i tend to use a scheme of dark green/deep red/silver and gold for just about everything i paint! also like blues, i tend to stick to a rich palette, with liberal use of "royal" type colours, they just jump out without being OTT. unfortunately the phone cam doesnt do picks of minis any justice, or youd see what i mean in my armys lol!