PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning Z-95 Lieutenant Blount

HappyDad
12-03-2014, 11:38 AM
I just bought the Z-95, but I don't understand this special rule on Blount ...

"When attacking, the defender is hit by your attack, even if he does not suffer any damage."

What is this all about ? Surely a hit that is evaded is not a hit ? And I don't see the benefit anyway.

Enlighten me, somebody, please.

Thanks.

Mr Mystery
12-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Effectively, you never miss.

There are odd abilities out there which can benefit from this.

One Upgrade that springs to mind are Assault Missiles - if you hit, each other ship at Range 1 takes one damage.

Cleon
12-03-2014, 02:54 PM
He also automatically pops stealth devices.

Tyrendian
12-03-2014, 05:16 PM
also, don't put Munitions Failsafe on him... did that once, much to the amusement of my opponent and myself once we realised... :)

alshrive
12-04-2014, 05:55 AM
Mystery is right, for 22 points Blount with Assault Missile will scare the bejesus out of Tie Swarms they either stay within range 1 to benefit from the Swarm Tactics they are most likely using (plus TIE pilot abilities!) and take damage across quite a few or they spread out which makes it easier to single them out for targetting.

One thing I have learnt with my TIE swarm is that once you are used to it, flying in formation is very easy. Getting back into formation after being seperated though can be an absolute nightmare!

Mr Mystery
12-04-2014, 06:05 AM
Also Ion Pulse Missles.

Very, very useful against Large Ships, as it deals out two Ion Tokens, just enough to frazzle them, and does a point of damage to boot.

alshrive
12-04-2014, 06:23 AM
I tend to find the Assault Missiles the better choice simply because in games there is no guarantee you will come up against large ships, whereas you will nearly always be able to hit at least 2 ships with Assault Missiles- that said they are 2 points more expensive.

Mr Mystery
12-04-2014, 06:28 AM
True enough.

It's definitely an ability that's only going to improve as more stuff comes out!

HappyDad
12-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Got it. Thanks very much.