PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Deff Dread, Killer Kans, Ven Dread and new IG vehicles up for preorder

Gotthammer
02-08-2010, 10:55 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=8200015a

New goodies for pre-order include:

Battle Missions book

Plastic Deff Dread

Plastic Kans (kit makes 3!)

Plastic Ven Dread (loads of guns and options)

New Chimera and Bassilisk - Chimera has all the options, Bassie is just the Bassie

New Flash Git with hilarious targeter squig

david5th
02-08-2010, 11:01 AM
The plastic Ven dread looks sweet. Do i really want a 5th dread....;)

Lord Azaghul
02-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm a little dissapointed in the bassie kit. Its looks like just a new chassie and they want 50$ USD for it?
However I am pleased to see that they did not increase the price of the chimera - that would have been a deal breaker for me.

Edit: I can't tell if they dropped the accessory spru from the chimera - I hate painting treads, but for an extra 15$ - no thanks.

Master Bryss
02-08-2010, 11:13 AM
GW now has a grand total of 2 Flash Git models!

I like how you get 3 Kans for £27. Instant squadron, although I'll bet I still need to convert a Grotzooka or 3.
Sigh...

I really like the new Dread, but I haven't even bought the Ironclad I promised myself yet. I'm gonna have 4 dreads in the end, it seems.

Brass Scorpion
02-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Notice that the Basilisk has no other variants in it, but it has the new easier to assemble chassis and tracks and it includes the tank accessory sprue so they can try and get $49.50 US for it now. I already have two Basilisks, I'm waiting for the other SPA pieces to be released.

The new Venerable Dreadnought will be a good piece for my new custom Space Marine chapter.

I don't do Orks but the Ork Dread and Kans look like a great improvement there for Ork collectors.

The plastic Ven dread looks sweet. Do i really want a 5th dread....
Yes, of course you do! My new Space Marine army already has one regular Dread done and three Ironclads. I was planning to convert a Black Reach Dread for a Venerable, but now I'll be using the new Venerable kit. That still leaves me three more Black Reach Dreads I think to do something else with.

Drew da Destroya
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Those Kanz are sweet... I'm really enjoying the Drill-arm, and the Grotzooka looks pretty cool, too. Glad they included a plastic one!

The Dred is gonna be some serious conversion fodder. Some really nice weapons in that kit.

I don't really like the Venerable... now every new Venerable out there has fought in the Badab war? Why? What if I start a Black Templar army, and want a venerable dread? He's coming with pre-written battles on his shell?

Gotthammer
02-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I don't really like the Venerable... now every new Venerable out there has fought in the Badab war? Why? What if I start a Black Templar army, and want a venerable dread? He's coming with pre-written battles on his shell?

"It has alternate heads, a bunch of different sarcophagi, armour plates, purity seals, wreaths and all the weapon options you would expect" - from What's new.

"Also included are: two different sets of ornate leg guards, three different helmets, six purity seals, two different pennants, a range of different sarcophagus armour plates, several sarcophagus designs, and a host of Crux Terminatus and other Imperial icons." - From the product page.

Looking at the sprue pics it seems like there are three other sets of side panels and four centre torso options.

Squirrel_Fish
02-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm no Ork player, but those Kans and Dreads look smexy.

I'm smitten by that Venerable Dread and all the options it has for parts...Dang. This means I'm gonna need two of them...

Is 6 Dreadnoughts too much? Nah. Can't be.

Drew da Destroya
02-08-2010, 01:16 PM
"It has alternate heads, a bunch of different sarcophagi, armour plates, purity seals, wreaths and all the weapon options you would expect" - from What's new.

"Also included are: two different sets of ornate leg guards, three different helmets, six purity seals, two different pennants, a range of different sarcophagus armour plates, several sarcophagus designs, and a host of Crux Terminatus and other Imperial icons." - From the product page.

Looking at the sprue pics it seems like there are three other sets of side panels and four centre torso options.

Fair enough, I didn't see the glue-over blank plates on the sprue at first. Seems like an odd way of doing it... I'd think the "stock" option would be blank, with glue-in plates that have carved names... but whatever works better.

fuzzbuket
02-08-2010, 01:46 PM
I already own 3 dreads (1 FW ven, 1 GK FW, 1 paper one:p) and with the new ba dex saying you can take 8 in mini thunderhawks, I;m going to have to save my money:D

MarshalAdamar
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Those Kanz are sweet... I'm really enjoying the Drill-arm, and the Grotzooka looks pretty cool, too. Glad they included a plastic one!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think the Kanz come with a plastic Grotzooka :( They don't come with a Kustom Mega blasta either.

The site says it come with a Scorcha, Big shoota, and a Rokit launcha.

This 94-piece set includes: three variations of Cockpit, three different close combat weapons, a big shoota, a rokkit launcha and a skorcha. Also included are a host of glyphs, armour plates, horns, metal teef and dangly bitz. Models supplied with 60mm round bases.

And it looks like you only get one of each weapon. (Boo) so it looks like we'll have to magnetize the weapons and buy 3 sets of Kanz to make sure one squadron can have all the same weapons.

Which really sucks, because I don't think you can have different weapons on the Kans in a squadron, they all have to be the same!

But still, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!

Next Apocalypse game, I think I’ll field a prop’a dread Mob!

MarshalAdamar
02-08-2010, 02:45 PM
There is a part that kind of looks like it could be a grotzooka on the first sprue. Hmmmmm maybe it is in there??

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Nabterayl
02-08-2010, 03:01 PM
All I see is a big shoota, a skorcha, and a rokkit launcha. Pretty cool looking ones, granted, but I see no grotzooka.

Drew da Destroya
02-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Look at the picture of the box, and the first sprue picture. The Left Kan on the box absolutely has a Grotzooka, and you can see it on the sprue as well... it's mostly a big open tube-kannon thing, with a hopper full of scrap bitz (I see a wrench sticking out of it).

As for the KMBs... there are 2 on the Dred kit, and I don't think anyone in their right mind would put KMBs on the Dred... so I guess they're really for the Kanz? Still, kinda lame that we didn't get one in the Kan box.

MarshalAdamar
02-08-2010, 03:24 PM
There is something on the first sprue but looks like the left and right side of a grotzooka. Looks sort of like it has a hopper with lots of junk in it. But being an Ork contraption that just might be part of the power plant or something.

Dark_Templar
02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I already own 3 dreads (1 FW ven, 1 GK FW, 1 paper one:p) and with the new ba dex saying you can take 8 in mini thunderhawks, I;m going to have to save my money:D

Don't get too excited. I am pretty sure current rumours point to 8 Jump Infantry/Termies/Servitors, and only ONE Dread...

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
02-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Has anyone noticed that GW has made there version of the MK.4 dreadnoughts? The head and most of it including the exhausts are identical to Forgeworld's mk.4.

Wonder what other goodies GW plans to copy over....Prays to the Emprorer for Repressors..

Chaosgerbil
02-08-2010, 09:46 PM
I've been waiting a long time for Kanz, and those look sweet. It will also let me finish some of my conversions to a higher standard. Woot!

Force21
02-09-2010, 01:52 AM
hmmmmmmm....

Looking at the Chimera....& I don't see a vehicle accessory sprue....

but it has like 90% of everything on it.......except the track guards... :(

The Basilisk looks about the same.....soooo....I am going to have to find some of the older ones quickly lol

*EDIT*

hmmmm I am not sure :confused: but it looks like you can have a Heavy Bolter & Flamer turret...

Force21
02-09-2010, 01:57 AM
*EDIT*

Epic double post... lol

MarshalAdamar
02-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Look at the picture of the box, and the first sprue picture. The Left Kan on the box absolutely has a Grotzooka, and you can see it on the sprue as well... it's mostly a big open tube-kannon thing, with a hopper full of scrap bitz (I see a wrench sticking out of it).

As for the KMBs... there are 2 on the Dred kit, and I don't think anyone in their right mind would put KMBs on the Dred... so I guess they're really for the Kanz? Still, kinda lame that we didn't get one in the Kan box.

I do believe your correct! I hadn't looked at the Box! That sho'nuff looks like a Grotzooka! Woo hoo!

I love me some Grotzookas!

Drew da Destroya
02-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I do believe your correct! I hadn't looked at the Box! That sho'nuff looks like a Grotzooka! Woo hoo!

I love me some Grotzookas!

Yeah man! I'm pretty stoked. Stoked enough to use the word "stoked", which hasn't really seen widespread use since sometime in the early 80's. That's how stoked I am about these Kanz.

Honestly, I kinda like that there's only 1 of each weapon option in the box. Weapons like the Grotzooka should have a unique scratch-built look, just due to the fluff behind the weapon. Still, it's nice to have an "official" one, to base the conversions on.

pgarfunkle
02-12-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the ven dreadnought, just wish that it came with 2 of the fist dreadnought combat weapons to make a Furiso pattern with for my Blood Angels

D'Ork
02-16-2010, 06:16 AM
I like how you get 3 Kans for £27. Instant squadron, although I'll bet I still need to convert a Grotzooka or 3.
Sigh...

The box DOES COME with grotzookas - a GW manager showed me the box contents. It's the low-slung, large-bore weapon.

RocketRollRebel
02-16-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the ven dreadnought, just wish that it came with 2 of the fist dreadnought combat weapons to make a Furiso pattern with for my Blood Angels

totally. I'm not sure I'll have much need for a ven dread in my BA. I've already got a AoBR dread that never gets used and a Furioso that always gets lots of love.

The Basilisk is kinda a let down. I've already got 2 (well 1, the other became a Medusa :p) but more chimeras never hurt plus I kinda like the new kit. Just gotta get another old one for my 2nd hydra. I picked a bad time to finally get around to building those.