PDA

View Full Version : Who da Man?

Majorcrash
02-08-2010, 08:36 AM
I think most 40K player believe or lament that 40K is pretty balanced and that the codex creep is more or less under control. Yes they need to updaye a whole bunch of codexs, but thats another story. So I'm curious whos the most powerful army to play. Not whether its broken, but which gives you pause to play against. For me its till Orcs.

Lord Azaghul
02-08-2010, 08:51 AM
I never want to see daemons across the table - in either game system.

Sangre
02-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Eldar once again for the lolz.

MarshalAdamar
02-08-2010, 10:33 AM
For me its got to be IG, AP 3 tempates eveywhere!

Aldramelech
02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Goodbye

sirrouga
02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I think Imperial Guard is still the best codex out yet. They have more of everything; more guns, more tanks, more bodies, and tons of ways to kill you good. Against guard you may be facing two to three times as many tanks as other armies are able to bring, it can get over bearing for many armies.

My wraiths do love the IG through. They eat their tanks and instant death everything! But then you get hit with 100+ lasgun shots...

Lord of Deeds
02-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I play Marines, Orks, & Nids and for me I got to say it's IG. In the hands of a good player, IG is very hard to beat. Orks after that. That said, 40K is not as unbalanced as WFB which I play DE w/o hydra spam, though I always have my tooled up anvil unit of Black Guard.

What's funny is there are still tiers in 40K like their are in WFB, just more armies in the middle tier in 40K than WFB.

40K top tier
IG
Orks

Middle Tier
Space Marins
Space Wolves
Eldar
Chaos Daemons
CSM <------- close to top tier
Daemon Hunters
Dark Elder
Tau
Black Templars

Bottom Tier
Necrons
Witch Hunters
Dark Angels <------ because the Vanilla and SW Codes are so much better and Blood Angles will be the nail in the coffin

Not sorted yet
Nids
Blood Angels

Mizzrym
02-08-2010, 01:47 PM
nids middle tier, blood angels (current WD one, not new one) bottom tier

Melissia
02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Bottom Tier
Witch Hunters
No, I assure you that Sisters can keep up with the mid-upper tier codices. That old codex has aged rather gracefully, unlike the Grey Knights.

therealjohnny5
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
No, I assure you that Sisters can keep up with the mid-upper tier codices. That old codex has aged rather gracefully, unlike the Grey Knights.

agreed...

Thor{DoH}
02-08-2010, 03:08 PM
I'd vote Orks but all I see is Orcs and I didn't realize that a fantasy army was playing in 40K! :p

Duke
02-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Hanven't we seen this thread before? Or is the matrix changing things on me?

Duke

BuFFo
02-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Orks all the way.

Denzark
02-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Duke

No I did this a week back and IG were running at 50% of the vote then too...

BDub
02-08-2010, 10:48 PM
So far the poll appears to contradict your thesis.

Majorcrash
02-09-2010, 08:53 AM

Duke

Perhaps, but there have been some new additions in the last few months. Got to keep current!

Melissia
02-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Also Lord of Deeds really doesn't have any clue what he's talking about if he puts Daemonhunters in mid tier but Sisters in a lower tier.

Daemonhunters are one of the weakest armies right now if not THE weakest, despite having some of the best models in the game. They're just too expensive with lots of special rules that don't apply anymore in fifth edition...

Majorcrash
02-09-2010, 11:16 AM
welli have a theory as to why IG are doing so well. I dont agree that they have better stuff ( to quote a commercial) or even that they have quanity over quality. I think that most long time guard players have been having to do with less for soooooooooooooooooooo long that when the playing field is leveled even a little............
Look out.;)

Melissia
02-09-2010, 01:25 PM
I think that the biggest reason is that the Guard got a LOT of options. And so good Guard players have tons of options and know how to pick them properly.

Bad Guard players have tons of options and occasionally get lucky.

Sam
02-09-2010, 02:29 PM
welli have a theory as to why IG are doing so well. I dont agree that they have better stuff ( to quote a commercial) or even that they have quanity over quality. I think that most long time guard players have been having to do with less for soooooooooooooooooooo long that when the playing field is leveled even a little............
Look out.;)

So your theory is that guard don't have a better codex, they just have better players? That's a load of crap, and I say this as a guard player.

DarkLink
02-09-2010, 07:04 PM
I play Marines, Orks, & Nids and for me I got to say it's IG. In the hands of a good player, IG is very hard to beat. Orks after that. That said, 40K is not as unbalanced as WFB which I play DE w/o hydra spam, though I always have my tooled up anvil unit of Black Guard.

What's funny is there are still tiers in 40K like their are in WFB, just more armies in the middle tier in 40K than WFB.

40K top tier
IG
Orks

Middle Tier
Space Marins
Space Wolves
Eldar
Chaos Daemons
CSM <------- close to top tier
Daemon Hunters
Dark Elder
Tau
Black Templars

Bottom Tier
Necrons
Witch Hunters
Dark Angels <------ because the Vanilla and SW Codes are so much better and Blood Angles will be the nail in the coffin

Not sorted yet
Nids
Blood Angels

Ok... so you put Dark Angels and Witchhunters below Necrons and Daemonhunters...

If I were even remotely inclined to drug use, I'd ask what you're smoking. Dark Angels may not be as good as vanilla SMs, but that's just because they lack a few of the new options. They're still decent.

And Necrons and DH are easily the two weakest armies in the game. DH has been down there since they came out, and Necrons since 5th ed started.

Look out.;)

So why aren't DH players winning every tournament with their mad skillz...:(

Old_Paladin
02-10-2010, 01:29 PM
I've got to side with IG as well.
They've got it all, thats why it's a great codex.
They can take more troops then any other codex if they want, more heavy tanks, they can be one of the fastest moving armies if they want; they simply have massive versitility. There is nothing they cannot do if you want them to do it.
Heck, if you take Straken and 'blob mobs' they be pretty good in close combat [up to 5 sergeants and commassars with powers weapons, and massive numbers of grunt attacks, all at strength and init 4; thats space marine levels of output (or better)].