PDA

View Full Version : Tervigon rules question

theHman
02-07-2010, 02:44 PM
When do you measure the Tervigon's radius for affecting gaunts? Immediately when assaulted, or after all consolidation into combat moves have been made?

Example:
Say your gaunts get assaulted and are initially within 6" of the tervigon, but then because of how you must move assaulted minis into the combat, that can take the unit out of the 6" radius. Do the gaunts then lose the powers bestowed by the Tervigon?

Sir Biscuit
02-07-2010, 02:52 PM
When do you measure the Tervigon's radius for affecting gaunts? Immediately when assaulted, or after all consolidation into combat moves have been made?

Example:
Say your gaunts get assaulted and are initially within 6" of the tervigon, but then because of how you must move assaulted minis into the combat, that can take the unit out of the 6" radius. Do the gaunts then lose the powers bestowed by the Tervigon?

Usually, when an "aura" effect works on all units that started the turn within its radius, it mentions it. Otherwise, measure when the ability would take effect.

For leadership tests: measure when they have to take the test. If they're 6" away or further when they have to make the test, they don't get it.

For counter attack, toxin sacs and adrenal glands, measure just before you're about to strike blows.

Shavnir
02-07-2010, 03:07 PM
As an interesting extension to this question how does it work with venomthropes. Or a better question would be if the pile in moves pull you out of 6" of a venomthrope do the attackers still take dangerous terrain tests when they assault you? When are defensive gernades calculated?

Sir Biscuit
02-07-2010, 03:22 PM
The same as everything else, when they would activate.

In the case of defensive grenades, just before the oppent rolls for attacks. The dangerous terrain test is when the oppenent assaults, but before any blows are struck or any pile in moves are made.

I know that it's not explicitly covered in the rules, btu does anyone have a good reason for measuring at a different time than when the effect comes into play?

theHman
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
@SirBiscuit: That's exactly how I played it in my game yesterday. Thanks!

I outlined it below just so that I could internalize the process better. Hope this helps others.

1. Opponent assaults gaunts.
1a. If Venomthrope within 6" of Gaunts, Enemy unit makes dangerous terrain check.
2. You pile in.
3. Attacks are made at Iniative with enemy unit losing +1A bonus for charge if Venomthrope is still within 6" of gaunts.
4. Before Gaunts attack, measure range to Tervigon.
4a. If not in 6" range, make normal attacks.
4b. If in 6" range roll Ld check using Tervigon Ld. If passed gaunts get Counter Attack and possibly Toxin and Adrenal.