PDA

View Full Version : Best way to swap contemptor Dreadnought arms?

Lord Ezekial
11-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Hey Everyone!

As you know I am a huge fan of 30k. Recently my magnetized arms on my contemptor are falling off. Not sure if my magnets are to big (they sit in the grooves between the gun and the shoulder part) and thus pulling the other out when when I go to swap. So I don't know if I need to drill into the arms and place smaller magnets, or I have read a lot about pinning and not sure if that would be better.

Thoughts anyone?

Brakkart
11-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I've found the best place to magnetise the arms on a Contemptor is in the elbow joint rather than in the shoulder. There's a circular bit that fits a 3mm magnet lovely. I do have the big shoulder bits pinned on though to help with the wear & tear of attaching and tugging loose the arms.

Lord Ezekial
11-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Actually that is where mine are too! I just typed the wrong thing. What type of glue did you use to keep them in place?

Meph
11-18-2014, 02:14 AM
I'd suggest using superglue, not use any activator to dry the glue immediately as that does tend to make a weaker bond, and maybe drill just that little bit deeper so you can cover the magnet with some greenstuff to seal in the magnet. You don't need direct contact between magnets, just enough proximity so they stay together.

Brakkart
11-18-2014, 03:48 AM
Exactly what Meph said, especially with regards to covering them with a little bit of greenstuff (use the liquid type that GW make, its perfect for this).

Lord Ezekial
11-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks guys!! I really appreciate the info! now I got some holes to drill

Meph
11-19-2014, 12:16 AM
Drill! Drill like you've never drilled before! For the Fatherland!