PDA

View Full Version : Summoning Psykers

Johaad
11-07-2014, 04:30 PM
When you summon things like horrors via portal or the new daemonology do they generate their psy powers? According to the rules you do this before the game starts, but seeing as they are an option for the spell it seems like it would be pointless to summon them if they couldn't actually use any powers. Has this been addressed? Or is it something that is "house ruled".

(didn't see this mentioned in any threads I've found, if it has ill delete this thread)

John Bower
11-10-2014, 04:56 AM
When you summon things like horrors via portal or the new daemonology do they generate their psy powers? According to the rules you do this before the game starts, but seeing as they are an option for the spell it seems like it would be pointless to summon them if they couldn't actually use any powers. Has this been addressed? Or is it something that is "house ruled".

(didn't see this mentioned in any threads I've found, if it has ill delete this thread)

AFAIK you generate their powers when they arrive. but I don't think you can use them that turn.

Mad Cat
11-10-2014, 05:47 AM
When they arrive on table you can use their powers later on in that psy phase but they will not add their extra casting dice to the pool this turn as you have already established (and started using) the number of dice in your pool. Next turn of course they add their MLs to the pool as normal.

Johaad
11-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Do you have a page number where it says this? Ive been looking all over the 7th ed book and still cant find where it clears this up.