PDA

View Full Version : Something Interesting I realised today...

John Bower
11-02-2014, 02:34 PM
So, you build let's say and Unbound list as follows:

Knight Errant
3X Imperial Guard Veterans squads, 1 with 3 snipers, 1 with 3 Grenade launchers, 1 with a Lascannon, melta, grenade launcher and flamer (I think that's illegal but for now don't worry too much about it)
3 X Leman Russ tanks, 2 Vanquishers, 1 Battlecannon, 1 vanquisher has a Heavy Flamer while the other 2 both have lascannons, and one has a dozer blade
Militarum Tempestus platoon - 5 guys including melta and HS volley gun with Tempestor who has a bolt pistol and CC weapon.

Chimera - Dozer blade, HKMM, Heavy flamer and pintle heavy stubber.
Taurox prime with battlecannon, storm bolter and T/L autocannons.

Who would you choose as your warlord?

Joyous_Oblivion
11-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Pretty sure any sergeant can be a warlord.

hyudun
11-02-2014, 06:51 PM
If you have any Characters in your army, you must select A Character to be the warlord. This does NOT have to be an Independent Character, so any squad sergeant will do.

If you have no Characters, then you just choose any model.

It's all listed there under Choosing Your Army - The Warlord.

Katharon
11-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Also, why in the hell would you put a heavy flamer on a Vanquisher? I'm not sure how much experience you have with IG, but I know it must not be a lot if you're putting a flamer on the best anti-armor tank in the IG army -- and one that should never be anywhere near close enough to an enemy to have to use a flamer.

A lot of this seems cobbled together at best. I'd suggest some more structure.

John Bower
11-03-2014, 04:54 AM
Also, why in the hell would you put a heavy flamer on a Vanquisher? I'm not sure how much experience you have with IG, but I know it must not be a lot if you're putting a flamer on the best anti-armor tank in the IG army -- and one that should never be anywhere near close enough to an enemy to have to use a flamer.

A lot of this seems cobbled together at best. I'd suggest some more structure.

I didn't, it was 2nd hand. :)

Anyway, nobody said what I thought they would, I kind of expected people to say the Knight; which you can't.

Edit: This isn't the army I actually used in it's form; one Vet squad was replaced with a Company Command but the idea was to see how many people would choose the Knight as Warlord. Nobody did or tried so all cool. In actual fact the flamer on the tank did come in handy, I was facing Deathwing; full on Termies in your face turn 1 Deathwing; and I won although I lost all my infantry and 1 of the Russes. Though in reality it should've been a draw due to this rule we both missed; if we'd noticed that my Knight would have been just a Knight; not a Seneschal and the outcome would have been an extra point to him for a draw.

Lord Krungharr
11-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Is the heavy flamer free to put on there instead of a heavy bolter? If so I think that's a good choice on a Vanquisher, though a lascannon (those are cheap on the front right?) would make more sense.

If some backfield clustered up enemies show up the flamer could come in more handy; and there are many enemies who love nothing more than to drop pod down near a Vanquisher! Though plasma cannon sponsons could take care of them

John Bower
11-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Is the heavy flamer free to put on there instead of a heavy bolter? If so I think that's a good choice on a Vanquisher, though a lascannon (those are cheap on the front right?) would make more sense.

If some backfield clustered up enemies show up the flamer could come in more handy; and there are many enemies who love nothing more than to drop pod down near a Vanquisher! Though plasma cannon sponsons could take care of them

True, but at least a Heavy flamer won't damage the tank, lol.