PDA

View Full Version : Quick Seeker of Slaanesh question

WH40K_Fight_Club
02-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Do Seekers of Slaanesh use the stat line listed or the stat line for mount of Slaanesh on page 76 since it says that Seekers are Daemonettes on mounts.

---Rusty

gcsmith
02-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Statline listed. its why it is listed

WH40K_Fight_Club
02-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Worst....20 dollar model..Ever.

---Rusty

Edit: Why are the CD mount rules so wonky then? In every other codex when (x) mounts (y) they get benefits such as modified toughness, a/better armor save or +1 wounds. Why does having a Daemonette on your back make you worse?

Jwolf
02-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Worst....20 dollar model..Ever.

---Rusty

Edit: Why are the CD mount rules so wonky then? In every other codex when (x) mounts (y) they get benefits such as modified toughness, a/better armor save or +1 wounds. Why does having a Daemonette on your back make you worse?

Obviously you never met my ex, or you would know why. ;)

Nabterayl
02-05-2010, 11:52 PM
To be fair, seekers of Slaanesh are better than daemonettes. Not by much, but presumably there's variation among seekers just like there is among horses. Perhaps the seekers that can be purchased as mounts are exceptionally awesome specimens of their kind. I don't find it hard to believe that heralds and others favored of the god get better mounts than your average daemonette.

WH40K_Fight_Club
02-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Obviously you never met my ex, or you would know why. ;) ERRRRM....:(

To be fair, seekers of Slaanesh are better than daemonettes. Not by much, but presumably there's variation among seekers just like there is among horses. Perhaps the seekers that can be purchased as mounts are exceptionally awesome specimens of their kind. I don't find it hard to believe that heralds and others favored of the god get better mounts than your average daemonette. Just thought it was strange that they are mounts, but don't get any mount benefits like every other race when mounted on something. I'd even settle for just a extra wound. Although the increased assault range is why they are in my list anyway.

---Rusty

Nabterayl
02-06-2010, 10:39 PM
ERRRRM....:(

Just thought it was strange that they are mounts, but don't get any mount benefits like every other race when mounted on something. I'd even settle for just a extra wound. Although the increased assault range is why they are in my list anyway.

---Rusty
Don't forget the extra attack as well. It's not much, but at least that seeker is biting and clawing!

WH40K_Fight_Club
02-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Don't forget the extra attack as well. It's not much, but at least that seeker is biting and clawing! Thats true. But for the extra 6 points a model its putting alot of faith into the extra attack and rending.

---Rusty

andrewm9
02-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Thats true. But for the extra 6 points a model its putting alot of faith into the extra attack and rending.

---Rusty

Actually its 3 point a model difference. For that you get 6" more of assualt range and 1 more attack each. Daemonettes eitehr way are fairly killy. If they all got an upgrade on toughness they would be significantly more per model like say T-wolf cavalry or Bloodcrushers.