PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves 1500pts

Lord Manton
10-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Hi all. I've noticed in my last few games that list building is a bit of a weak spot for me. So i've come up with a 1500pt list that has the units I want to take as well as being hopefully effective.

Wolf Lord
-TDA, Thunder Hammer, Stom Shield, Wulfen Stone 210

Rune Priest
-Lvl 2, Plasma Pistol 100

Grey Hunters x 10
-Wolf Guard, Power Sword, Power Sword, Melta Gun, Melta Gun, Wolf Standard, CCWx8 241
Storm Wolf
-Sky Hammer ML 215

Grey Hunters x 9
-Wolf Guard, Combi-Plas, Plasma Gun 161
Drop Pod 35

Grey Hunters x 10
-Wolf Guard, Combi-Melta, Melta Gun, Melta Gun 180
Drop Pod 35

Dreadnought
-Assault Cannon 100

Long Fangs x5
-Missile Launchers x5
-Flakk Missiles x1 145

Lone Wolf
-TDA, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield 75
or
Land Speeder
-Multi Melta 70

Total - 1,497 (with lone wolf) or 1,492 (with speeder)

The plan is to use the Wolves Unleashed detachment from the Codex to control my reserves and make sure things come on when I want them to and maybe a cheeky outflank on my dread. First turn, the melta Hunters come in and blast some armour. Turn 2 the stormwolf with the lord and the combat hunters come in for a turn 3 charge. The Rune Priest will come in with the Plas squad in a pod to take out some infantry or take a back-field objective. And the Fangs will sit around in cover shooting missiles at pesky armour or infantry (and a flyer using flakk and split fire). Lone Wolf/Speeder will most likely Deep Strike in to attempt to take out MCs or armour.

My question is, do y'all think this would be a competitive/viable all-comers list?
Any ideas what the best Psychic discipline to use is?

Cheers.